Republicans to back 3rd party bid to stop Donald Trump

Rather than throw up their hands and concede to Hillary, it has occurred to me that some large chunk of the RP might break off (however temporarily, the way the Dixiecrats or the Southern Democrats of 1860 did) and run their own candidate independent of whatever Rump is left with.

If that were to happen, and they chose a nuts-and-bolts rational candidate (which means John Kasich), and if at the same time the other side used its own "superdelegate" scamming to nominate Hillary, I would seriously consider voting for Kasich.

Perhaps it's time for the RP, at the age of 162 (as of yesterday), to take out the trash like the DP did in 1964 at the age of 136. Let Rince Priebus lament "we have lost the knuckledraggers for a generation".

John Kasich can't be a 3rd party, all the GOP candidates signed a pledge. I think they're considering Rick Perry. If he decides to do it, he will be the sacrificial lamb. They can't block Trump at the convention, that would be a major violent riot. So the only option is to do a 3rd party now, so Republicans can actually have a candidate they can support.

I uh, don't think "signing a pledge" means anything, especially under these circumstances. Certainly doesn't mean he or anyone is constrained to its terms, particularly if they form another party.

As for Rump's threats of violence if he doesn't get his way, BFD. Fear and loathing in whatever form is part of political party schisms. Just ask the Democrats. They have tons of experience.

Some new polling data. This really shines a light on things.

11.9% of black dwarves prefer Ted Cruz
14.8% of hispanic eskimo women pefer Bernie Sanders
85.2% of talking monkeys like hiLIARy
75.9% of gorillas that do sign language are registered democrats
64.7% of people that own Irish Setters feed them dry cat food.

From this data it is clear that Trump cannot win.

:thup:

This decision may be made after next Tuesday. They say that approximately 67% of the Republican party will not vote for Donald Trump.

Republcians are willing to sacrifice the Presidency to Hillary Clinton in order to save the base of conservatism of a smaller government. Also this effort is to try and & save the Senate & House seats and all the down ballot races that will be going on across this country.

Conservatives prepare to back independent bid to stop Trump
Who can stop Trump? Republicans may have little choice but to vote Clinton
I’ll Take Hillary Clinton Over Donald Trump

Tea-Party-agenda-GOP.jpg

In their effort to get a non establishment candidate they have "rino'd" themselves right into a Hillary Clinton Presidency--and a probable loss of the Senate and a ton of seats in the house.

Who is "they?" This appears to be the typical leftwing conspiracy theory.

I wonder if the GOP has approached Gary Johnson, he can't win but maybe this is the year he gets above 10%

Trump and his supporters are the GOP, douche bag. They are more Republican than any of these traitors threatening to go third party.

Rather than throw up their hands and concede to Hillary, it has occurred to me that some large chunk of the RP might break off (however temporarily, the way the Dixiecrats or the Southern Democrats of 1860 did) and run their own candidate independent of whatever Rump is left with.

If that were to happen, and they chose a nuts-and-bolts rational candidate (which means John Kasich), and if at the same time the other side used its own "superdelegate" scamming to nominate Hillary, I would seriously consider voting for Kasich.

Perhaps it's time for the RP, at the age of 162 (as of yesterday), to take out the trash like the DP did in 1964 at the age of 136. Let Rince Priebus lament "we have lost the knuckledraggers for a generation".

John Kasich can't be a 3rd party, all the GOP candidates signed a pledge. I think they're considering Rick Perry. If he decides to do it, he will be the sacrificial lamb. They can't block Trump at the convention, that would be a major violent riot. So the only option is to do a 3rd party now, so Republicans can actually have a candidate they can support.

I uh, don't think "signing a pledge" means anything, especially under these circumstances. Certainly doesn't mean he or anyone is constrained to its terms, particularly if they form another party.

As for Rump's threats of violence if he doesn't get his way, BFD. Fear and loathing in whatever form is part of political party schisms. Just ask the Democrats. They have tons of experience.

Yes the 'pledge' has no meaning in this campaign. It is a left over relic the GOP had Faux News use to 'try' to herd the cats. It won't mean anything when the fur starts flying in a few months.

"They" are the secret cabal of Banksters, Bildibergers, Corporatists, and Illuminati that are trying to immanentize the eschaton.

89.7% of them are jews too!

Shrug.

They are risking their own political asses in trying to dictate to the voters who the candidate will be, and suckering up to the Democrats.

If 67% of the party will not vote for Trump, why are the 67% not voting in the primaries to prevent his nomination?

If it smells like crap, it's probably crap.

Of course it's crap. It's the usual leftwing COINTELPRO. The deluge of lies coming from the left-wingers in this forum is truly breathtaking.

Some new polling data. This really shines a light on things.

11.9% of black dwarves prefer Ted Cruz
14.8% of hispanic eskimo women pefer Bernie Sanders
85.2% of talking monkeys like hiLIARy
75.9% of gorillas that do sign language are registered democrats
64.7% of people that own Irish Setters feed them dry cat food.

From this data it is clear that Trump cannot win.

99.99% of USMB posters find this continued line of trolling to be pointless. Shush now, adults are talking.

I wonder if the GOP has approached Gary Johnson, he can't win but maybe this is the year he gets above 10%

Trump and his supporters are the GOP, douche bag. They are more Republican than any of these traitors threatening to go third party.

So you're saying the Republican Party has no policies?

Because Rump clearly doesn't.

Hmmm, no . . . . where did I say anything even remotely resembling that?

I wouldn't worry too much about Republicans, independents, hell, even Democrats voting for Mrs. Rodham-Clinton/Lewinsky. Unless, of course, she runs as an independent herself - provided she can crawl out from under the Democrat Party bus in time to file.......

I wouldn't worry too much about Republicans, independents, hell, even Democrats voting for Mrs. Rodham-Clinton/Lewinsky. Unless, of course, she runs as an independent herself - provided she can crawl out from under the Democrat Party bus in time to file.......
Clinton is the biggest douche bag in the Democrat party.

So you're saying the Republican Party has no policies?

Because Rump clearly doesn't.

Hmmm, no . . . . where did I say anything even remotely resembling that?

Made it real big for ya.

Conservatives are backing Trump. Cruz is establishment all the way.

But Cruz and his supporters say they are the true conservatives. Looks like they just need to grease up their A**holes and wrassle for it.

His wife is Wall Street all the way. Goldman Sachs. AND Heidi worked for Condi Rice. I just put up a thread about Cruz hiring Niel Bush and his wife for his financial team. That would be Niel Bush of the Kennebunkport Cosa Nostra family.

You think Trump doesn't have insider advisers?

OK, let me get this straight..."Conservative" are going to do exactly what they had Donald J. Trump promise NOT to do for the good of the party.

Evidently, these "conservatives" really don't give a damn about the good of the party, they only care about themselves, and having their hands on the reins of power.

What has gotten lost along the way is one simple fact.

The leadership of the former Republican property has sold out to the liberal wing of The Democrat Party. Apparently there are still some Democrats who are not enraptured and growing independent. Not impossible, though I will admit improbable, that a new party might emerge made up of cast-offs from the two major parties But as it stands right now there are still just two parties: Democrats and Closetcrats.

Forum List

Back