Republicans to repeal inheritance tax!

The thing is, this wouldn't really address the unfair advantage that rich kids have in life. We need some kind of program that take kids away from their parents so they don't get the benefit of their parent's wealth growing up. That's the only way to truly ensure fair opportunities in life.

NOW you're thinking! We all know that birth parents, unless they've been properly indoctrinated in state-approved childrearing, are just ticking time-bombs of harmful, abusive acts like teaching religion and punishing misbehavior and such anyway. So what we really need is to have all children raised in state creches which will turn out proper little drones who can regurgitate politically correct propaganda at a moment's notice and never do scary things like think for themselves. Hey, maybe we could even bypass that whole messy "letting people make babies as and when they want" thing and have the state decide which genes are best and should be combined, and just harvest sperm and ova and make babies in a lab!

Why does this sound familiar?

Oh, yeah. It's the plot of Brave New World. Not surprised the leftists don't recognize it, though, since none of them apparently can read.

I just thought I'd point out to the ten or so people in this thread lying about "family farms". I know you've heard it on the radio and on the internet over and over - but guess what?

No one has been able to document a single example of a family farm being lost to estate taxes.

Ever.

I just thought I'd point out to you: who cares? It's still not your money, and you still have no right to a single red cent of it.

You just don't get it do you, today $10 million tomorrow $10k. But the bigger picture remains puzzling in that by what right does the state and federal government have any claim to an estate. I guess that escapes your realm of reasoning.

Talk about reasoning, $10 million versus $10,000? lol

YOU MADE THE MONEY IN THE US, IT'S A SOCIETY.

All Property, indeed, except the Savage's temporary Cabin, his Bow, his Matchcoat, and other little Acquisitions, absolutely necessary for his Subsistence, seems to me to be the Creature of public Convention. Hence the Public has the Right of Regulating Descents, and all other Conveyances of Property, and even of limiting the Quantity and the Uses of it. All the Property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other Laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it.
Ben Franklin

Yes, I'm certain that you are singlehandedly responsible for the success of every American millionaire simply by sitting on your dead ass in the same country as them, bitching while they worked.

As disproportionate aggregate wealth reaches dangerous levels, what proposals are there other than taxation?

How about that you substantiate that whole "dangerous" thing, instead of expecting us to take your word for it?

Why do leftists always think a debate parameter of "You concede that I'm right, and then we'll talk about how right I actually am" is going to work?

I have absolutely no problem with this.... why is the government entitled to a cut of what I have earned and chose to leave to my heirs?

Well, once you're dead there's very little chance they'll hear your complaints. :thup:

The only thing leftists hear from dead people is their multiple votes for Democrats in each and every election.

Tolerance for everyone. The dead have to have their voices heard.

It should be repealed, the money has already been taxed

Yup and why should the Govt get money because someone who earned that money dies??

Inheritance tax? Another word for Govt theft.
better than letting it devolve down to some deadbeat relative

No, letting it be redistributed to some deadbeat total stranger is not actually better . . . except maybe for you, as the deadbeat stranger in question.

It's sad that you're not only a thief, you're a thief who's too lazy to actually go out and rob the person firsthand.

I thought Rebpubs were against freeloaders and handouts.

Also, the ABA and every CPA lobby will never let this one go anywhere as Trusts and estate planning are a major profit center for them.

We are against freeloaders and handouts, which is why we oppose the government demanding that people give their money to them to redistribute, rather than giving it to the person of their choice.

But thanks for sharing your theory that the government is taking people's money in order to prevent handouts, you disingenuous prick. It was the stupidest attempt to be clever that I've heard all week.
To be accurate, over half of the taxes collected on this are paid by the 1-1000th richest, and even there it's not like their kids are being hurt. Their estates avoid the taxes mostly by giving to private charities, like the Robert Woods Johnson fund. No one, no one, no one, at Johnson and Johnson wants Woody Johnson anywhere near the corporation as the man can't even run an NFL team, where it's literally impossible not to make money .... I mean you cannot help but make money if you're rich enough to buy one.

The the less than genius kids get jobs at the Foundations, where they're paid well and don't have chances to get into too much trouble.

God forbid the kids of the superrich are actually allowed to run anything we have our 401K pittances in. Seriously, rent the documentary Born Rich, by one of the Johnson heirs, to see the level of cognitive function inbreeding brings.

To be accurate, "It's not really going to hurt them if we take it" is not a valid excuse for you being a greedy fuck. Neither is "They're rich". IT'S NOT YOURS. You have not said anything that mitigates or eliminates this fact. I don't expect you ever will. IT IS NOT YOURS. IT IS THEIRS. Period. End of discussion.
Fuck you bitch for the name calling, and fuck you too for wanting my money.

YOUR money, pusbag? At what point were we EVER discussing YOUR money, let alone ME wanting what belongs to someone else? I can't decide if you're just so piss-stupid you couldn't read my post, or if you're so piss-stupid you actually think money inherited by other people belongs to you.

Either way, you don't add up to anyone with an unquestioned claim to community oxygen, let alone anything else.

Is there a gene for greed? Certainly, studies have shown that those with money become less generous and more inclined to believe they deserved the money. Some of those studies, using money games, conducted by scientists, indicate that the accumulation of wealth tends to change behavior even during the game.

There certainly does seem to be a "gene " for greed.

Look at all these envious parasites grasping for unearned wealth...

Its quite shameful.

Humm, why do you suppose the Black Chamber of Commerce supports drastically reducing the death tax? Because black small business owners have discovered the same thing that white small business owners have discovered: that the death tax often makes it impossible for a small business owner to leave his business to his children.

The death tax is one of the most patently immoral, wrong-headed taxes ever conceived. Where on earth does the government get off taking half of what you leave behind to your family when you die?

Repeal The Death Tax And Send It To A Deep Grave - Investors.com

Vote To Abolish Death Tax Long Overdue - Jim Martin - Page full

The party of the rich, for the rich, by the rich. Once again, the wolves shear the sheep while the sheep cheer them on.

Republicans Push 269 Billion Handout For Millionaire Heirs And Heiresses

excerpt:

WASHINGTON -- House Republicans this week will vote to hand the heirs and heiresses of America's largest fortunes a $269 billion tax break by repealing the federal inheritance tax.

The legislation would shield the very richest families from taxes on the fortunes they inherit. After years of GOP attacks on the inheritance tax, also known as the estate tax, only a few thousand of the wealthiest families are subjected to it -- 4,700 total in 2013, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation. Only individual fortunes worth over $5.43 million can be taxed under current law, an amount that doubles to $10.86 million for wealthy couples. The Republican proposal would eliminate all of these estates -- which are over 15,700 percent richer than the median American household -- from taxation.

Another full o shit lie. The inheritance tax applies to all, you twit. I know ranchers who, after they died, lost their land because their family couldn't afford the Inheritance tax on the property.

What the hell are you, stupid? Or just ignorant?

so THATS how ranches stay in the same family for 100 years ???

I know fourth and fifth generation ranches in three different states .. are YOU stupid or FOS?

He wasn't claiming it happens to all ranchers... geesh.

so what the hell was his point ?

people who don't know how to manage their $$ and property deserve to lose it?

geesh, indeed

More like a government that can't manage THEIR money, feeling justified to tax those who have land passed down to them that's already been taxed. It SHOULD be abolished.

[
God forbid the kids of the superrich are actually allowed to run anything we have our 401K pittances in. Seriously, rent the documentary Born Rich, by one of the Johnson heirs, to see the level of cognitive function inbreeding brings.
How are you entitled to part of the money left to someone by someone else?
I don't tax anyone, wargamer.
You also don't answer questions.
I'll ask again:

Kodos on getting the ASL reference. :)

The government is entitled to it and all the taxes it collects by the authority of the US Constitution and the laws that Congress passed. It certainly isn't for personal gain by any one individual as you seem to want to suggest.

I think the question is why? Why is it ok take roughly 40% of what someone accumulated? Accumulated out of after tax money just because they had the misfortune of dying? What's your justification?

• It has worked
  • The Law
  • It protects our democracy
  • If protects our republic
  • It protects us from being under the thumb of an Aristocracy
  • It protects us from being under the thumb of a Plutocracy
  • It protects us from being under the thumb of an Oligarchy
  • 40%? Be real and stop lying
  • Paris Hilton, et al
  • CU v. FEC
  • McCutcheon v. FEC
  • Man is born free and is everywhere in our country in chains

Humm, why do you suppose the Black Chamber of Commerce supports drastically reducing the death tax? Because black small business owners have discovered the same thing that white small business owners have discovered: that the death tax often makes it impossible for a small business owner to leave his business to his children.

The death tax is one of the most patently immoral, wrong-headed taxes ever conceived. Where on earth does the government get off taking half of what you leave behind to your family when you die?

Repeal The Death Tax And Send It To A Deep Grave - Investors.com

Vote To Abolish Death Tax Long Overdue - Jim Martin - Page full

Something tells me Latino and Muslim small business owners would support the same thing.

[
I don't tax anyone, wargamer.
You also don't answer questions.
I'll ask again:
Kodos on getting the ASL reference. :)
The government is entitled to it and all the taxes it collects by the authority of the US Constitution and the laws that Congress passed. It certainly isn't for personal gain by any one individual as you seem to want to suggest.
You and I both know that your response here does not answer the question I asked. Please feel free to try again.

Last edited:
The party of the rich, for the rich, by the rich. Once again, the wolves shear the sheep while the sheep cheer them on.

Republicans Push 269 Billion Handout For Millionaire Heirs And Heiresses

excerpt:

WASHINGTON -- House Republicans this week will vote to hand the heirs and heiresses of America's largest fortunes a $269 billion tax break by repealing the federal inheritance tax.

The legislation would shield the very richest families from taxes on the fortunes they inherit. After years of GOP attacks on the inheritance tax, also known as the estate tax, only a few thousand of the wealthiest families are subjected to it -- 4,700 total in 2013, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation. Only individual fortunes worth over $5.43 million can be taxed under current law, an amount that doubles to $10.86 million for wealthy couples. The Republican proposal would eliminate all of these estates -- which are over 15,700 percent richer than the median American household -- from taxation.
Where is the handout? It is already their money...

Like I said in my first response - I personally know small ranchers (less than 100 acres) who, after their deaths, lost their property to the government because their families didn't have the $260,000 that they "suddenly" owed to Uncle Sugar. Every tax up to that point had been paid regularly. Property taxes, state taxes, federal taxes. However, as soon as they died - they owed more. I have money set aside for my "taxes" after I die. My family will NOT lose my property to some fat assed government asshole.

Welcome to the "Land of the Free".

Liar. You need to be worth more than $10.9 million as a couple to even owe a dime

HOW has MOST of that money been taxed as it's just capital gains that has NEVER been taken out? Buy a bunch of stock at $1 million and sell it 30 years later for $50 million ONLY dividends have been paid!

These kind of comments occurs when crazy fucks the confused and don't know what happened.

Yep, it takes money to buy stocks. That would be cash in... If you never sell the stock, they have cash value, but they're not cash. You pay tax only when you cash out on the stock. When you get paid dividends (profit share), you pay tax on cash you earned. Difference between cash in and cash out is a profit (or loss), you pay tax on profit.

AND as I've posited, TAXES HAVE YET TO BE PAID ON THE ACCRUED CAPITAL EXPANSION DUMBSHIT. Think Koch's have paid taxes on their $60 billion wealth? lol

• It has worked
  • The Law
  • It protects our democracy
  • If protects our republic
  • It protects us from being under the thumb of an Aristocracy
  • It protects us from being under the thumb of a Plutocracy
  • [/quoteIt protects us from being under the thumb of an Oligarchy
Best of all, it is a progressive idea that allows for progressives to redistribute wealth, in hopes of buying the votes of the people who receive that wealth.
Dead people can't vote after all -- except in Chicago.

When it comes to individuals, the income tax, estate tax, and capital gains taxes should all be eliminated. Go to a consumption tax. This will never happen but one can dream.

I am a firm believer that a collective prosperity can never be achieved through economic policies rooted in punitive class envy policies. Ironically, a consumption tax could be argued that it is derived from the tenet of Marxism: from each according to his ability (to buy) to each according to his need (incentive to buy means more funding for social programs).

More libertarian BS. Your Ayn Rand fetishism is silly....

You will not be satisfied until a true 1 percent wealthy elite is locked in here in the US and the masses are living with little to no advancement potential or improvement in personal wealth.

Good grief, it's amazing how brainwashed people can become, believing massive amounts of money make someone into a Superhero is as foolish as it gets. The masses would do quite well if we could only eliminate their exploitation by the power elite.

Let's make health care a right: "A well regulated system of health care, being necessary for the security of the people of our nation, free and universal preventative health care, and major medical care for serious and chronic injury or disease, shall not be infringed."

Let's set a minimum wage and tie it to regular COLA's; "A well paid labor force, being necessary for every person's well being, and to the security of a free state, the right of the people to earn a fair and living wage, and to bargain collectively and form unions, shall not be infringed".

Let us return to a fair and well regulated (enforced) progressive income tax, one where our nation can return to the principles of one nation, of the people and for the people, necessary for a free and democratic state.

And, finally, let us establish pragmatic rules to make our elections fair and our elected officials honest. The Congress must pass an Amendment to the Constitution limiting campaign money, and make any perverse donation, acceptance or intentional effort to infringe the right to vote in to any election, initiative or recall a felony; notwithstanding the presidential power of pardon, those convicted shall be barred from holding any public office, elected or appointed as well as the right to vote, for life.

Who is government or otherwise to determine an individual makes too much money? People come to America to get away from limits you describe and have more opportunity.

All they are is one big bag of democrat talking points. Talking points with one goal. For democrats to acquire power and keep power.

The fucking hypocritical sheep actually cannot see how many rich people belong to the party that supposedly care so.much for the poor.

Look at my signature.

They are nothing but fucking gullible, naive idiots who know nothing about the economy. If they could, they would have the government wipe everyone's American button.

I mean how can a group of morons parrot the same shit about "party of the rich" and see all of the fucking billionaires and millionaires benefitting from tax breaks that are bonified liberals.Especially pieces of shit hollywood like weinstein or spielberg.

Of course another arrogant naive useless puppet starts another thread filled with the fucking cliches and democrat talking points. Thinking he is being so clever while being nothing more than a useful pawn.

Assholes. Morons.

Your projections noted asswipe

How the GOP Became the Party of the Rich

The inside story of how the Republicans abandoned the poor and the middle class to pursue their relentless agenda of tax cuts for the wealthiest one percent

Today's Republican Party may revere Reagan as the patron saint of low taxation. But the party of Reagan – which understood that higher taxes on the rich are sometimes required to cure ruinous deficits – is dead and gone. Instead, the modern GOP has undergone a radical transformation, reorganizing itself around a grotesque proposition: that the wealthy should grow wealthier still, whatever the consequences for the rest of us.

Modern-day Republicans have become, quite simply, the Party of the One Percent – the Party of the Rich.

"The Republican Party has totally abdicated its job in our democracy, which is to act as the guardian of fiscal discipline and responsibility," says David Stockman, who served as budget director under Reagan. "They're on an anti-tax jihad – one that benefits the prosperous classes."

The staggering economic inequality that has led Americans across the country to take to the streets in protest is no accident.

How the GOP Became the Party of the Rich Rolling Stone

Republicans to repeal inheritance tax!

as well it should be, i inherited $65,000.00 from my father who saved 2 pennies out of every three after my Mother died (actually killed by two doctors !) in 1980AD, he lived thru some very hard times, 1908AD - 2001AD

lol, the estate tax ONLY hits couples with nearly $11,000,000 in assets.

Forum List

Back