Republicans Will Lose SC-01

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Because the Republicans in South Carolina's First Congressional District decided it was in their best interest to nominate an ethically challenged former governor to be their candidate in the upcoming special election, they are going to lose this seat they should have easily been able to hang onto to the Democrats. Elizabeth Colbert-Busch is leading Mark Sandford by nine points despite this being an R+11 district. Karma is a bitch.

The Sanford-Colbert Busch debate: Five things to watch

Republicans didn't nominate him. He ran on his own. A lot of people run on their own. They fill out papers, file them, and then they are on their way. Mark Sanford is to republicans what Anthony Weiner is to democrats. No one can stop Weiner from wagging either.

Some idiot far righties voted in the GOP primary, and the party ends up with mr. death on the ticket.

Republicans didn't nominate him. He ran on his own. A lot of people run on their own. They fill out papers, file them, and then they are on their way. Mark Sanford is to republicans what Anthony Weiner is to democrats. No one can stop Weiner from wagging either.

Yes, they did nominate him. It's called a primary election.

We have a problem. The far right of our party believes (60% of them) we need to reach out more sincerely to minorities and women, but that means 40% are saying the "other" Americans are the problem. About 59% of the far right of the party thinks "candidate choice" was the problem, not the platform.

The mainstream of the party won't tolerate the far right making us a minority party, so, you far righties, go start your own party.

We have a problem. The far right of our party believes (60% of them) we need to reach out more sincerely to minorities and women, but that means 40% are saying the "other" Americans are the problem. About 59% of the far right of the party thinks "candidate choice" was the problem, not the platform.

The mainstream of the party won't tolerate the far right making us a minority party, so, you far righties, go start your own party.

What you propose is two minorities parties, neither of which could win an election which is just the way democrats want it.

What you propose is two minorities parties, neither of which could win an election which is just the way democrats want it.

What I am concerned about is the majority of the party, our mainstream, does not want your candidates or policies.

We get rid of you, we can compete easily with the Dems.

I'd love to see the liberal lite party (Republican) fall apart. Jake hit the nail on the head, on one hand it's made up of bigots, on the other it's made up of Progressive liberals. The party keeps collapsing in on itself trying to live up to the message of small Government and freedom for all equally while passing policy of Growing Government endlessly/Mass regulations (Jake's side), and then the gay hating, brown/black people fearing bigots.

The worst thing that can happen to Democrats is people feel like they are the only option in an election after years of failing.

What I am concerned about is the majority of the party, our mainstream, does not want your candidates or policies.

The side of the Republican party that your on is on the verge of being sucked up by the Progressive Democrat party, jake.

I'd love to see the liberal lite party (Republican) fall apart. Jake hit the nail on the head, on one hand it's made up of bigots, on the other it's made up of Progressive liberals. The party keeps collapsing in on itself trying to live up to the message of small Government and freedom for all equally while passing policy of Growing Government endlessly/Mass regulations (Jake's side), and then the gay hating, brown/black people fearing bigots..
In Jake the Fake's case, it's both. :lol:

I'd love to see the liberal lite party (Republican) fall apart. Jake hit the nail on the head, on one hand it's made up of bigots, on the other it's made up of Progressive liberals. The party keeps collapsing in on itself trying to live up to the message of small Government and freedom for all equally while passing policy of Growing Government endlessly/Mass regulations (Jake's side), and then the gay hating, brown/black people fearing bigots..

I think it's funny that Jake calls everyone he does not like in the Republicans party "far right" but fails to see that he's the far far far left of the Republican party.

I think it's funny that Jake calls everyone he does not like in the Republicans party "far right" but fails to see that he's the far far far left of the Republican party.
That and he's totally bigoted toward anyone and everyone who isn't a far far far far leftist "republican".

The horribly insolent and snobbish things he has said about Southerners would earn him several punches in the mouth, if he had the nerve to say such things to their faces... Which he doesn't

You never know, DTMB, in the short time I've lived here I've learned one thing, this is a strange town when it comes to politics...

That and he's totally bigoted toward anyone and everyone who isn't a far far far far leftist "republican".

The horribly insolent and snobbish things he has said about Southerners would earn him several punches in the mouth, if he had the nerve to say such things to their faces... Which he doesn't

You whiners and piners can't take what you try to dish out.

A reactionary and a libertarian have no place in the GOP if they can't submit willingly when the choices are made in policy and candidates.

The food fight before Romney's nomination helped guarantee his loss.

Who cares what the far right believes as it shrinks in importance.

Ethically challenged? The double standard is getting tiresome and phony hand wringing republicans are making it worse by whining. Barney Frank won two re-elections after the Police found out his apartment was being used for a call-boy homosexual prostitution ring. Bill Clinton was accused of rape 1st not to mention several lesser crimes and a freaking ton of "ethical violations" and he is still the godfather of democrat politics.

…and win for the most part.

It would be good to have sanity return to the GOP.

…and win for the most part.

It would be good to have sanity return to the GOP.

Ah, yes, it would be wonderful. Now we brought this on our selves and made deals with devil, so there has been a price to pay.

But we don't need the reactionaries, and the sooner we turn them out, the sooner we can return to sanity.

You're an empty-headed leftist kook bigot, Jake.

Hospitable a people as LDS fokls are -and I know of them for certain- I'm sure they'd throw you the hell out of Utah if you ever spewed your unapologetic naked bigotry in public.

I've roamed the Wasatch from Park City to Magna...From Ogden to Provo....And to a person, I've never ever encountered a bigger dick than you.

Well, that is unless you happen to be Dell Schanze...Which wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:
You are a mindless kool aid drinking libertarian without an understanding of American narrative and economics, Oddball.

You are loopy.

Mainstream Republicanism is not bigoted, and I am fitting in fine here in the precint. :lol:

That you have a tiny dick, bub, is your problem.

Forum List

Back