Restaurants are adding labor surcharges to help offset minimum wage increases

Not possible. The left understands that minimum wage has no bearing on the availability of jobs and inflation. It works more like magic for leveling the playing field.

Don't eat at those restaurants. They obviously don't care about American Workers. I'm so sick of the Minimum Wage meme. Greedy bastards who don't wanna pay American Workers a living wage, can go to hell as far as i'm concerned. I'm tired of their games. All their threats of replacing Workers with 'Robots', and constantly making struggling folks out to be the 'Bad Guy.'

Our Minimum Wage is an absolute embarrassment compared to the rest of the world. The richest nation on earth can certainly do better. We need to look out for our Workers. So, don't give your money to folks who don't wanna treat their fellow Americans with dignity. Period, end of story.

Wait. You want to force wage increases, but you're asking people not to pay for it? Interesting. You sure they're the bastards?

What good is an employer if their employees have to live off welfare to survive?
/---- You fail to grasp the basic principals of business, The purpose of business is to make a profit, it's not a social program. Why not open a business and show us how it's done. Well go ahead snowflake.

Last edited:
Don't eat at those restaurants. They obviously don't care about American Workers. I'm so sick of the Minimum Wage meme. Greedy bastards who don't wanna pay American Workers a living wage, can go to hell as far as i'm concerned. I'm tired of their games. All their threats of replacing Workers with 'Robots', and constantly making struggling folks out to be the 'Bad Guy.'

Our Minimum Wage is an absolute embarrassment compared to the rest of the world. The richest nation on earth can certainly do better. We need to look out for our Workers. So, don't give your money to folks who don't wanna treat their fellow Americans with dignity. Period, end of story.

Wait. You want to force wage increases, but you're asking people not to pay for it? Interesting. You sure they're the bastards?

The greedy assholes constantly make struggling folks out to be the 'Bad Guy.' These are just fellow Americans struggling to get by. You don't wanna a pay a fellow American a living wage, you can go to hell.

I'm sick of all the bitching & whining about the Minimum Wage. Our Minimum Wage is pathetic. We're the richest nation on earth for God's sake. We should treat our fellow Americans better.

How so? You said paying them more boosts the economy. Looks like you ran away from it pretty quick!

I stated the indisputable fact that when a low wage person makes more money they will spend more money.

Do you wish to dispute that?

I do.

A huge minimum wage increase has a domino effect causing inflation. If your wage goes up, but the cost of everything around you increases as well, how are you ahead?

Here in Cleveland they put the issue of a $15.00 minimum wage to vote in their all Democrat Council. They voted it down. Why? Because they knew it would chase businesses into the suburbs. So then they asked the county to join in so that wouldn't happen. The county wouldn't consider it for the same reason. It would chase industry to surrounding counties.

Why are politicians so interested in people making more money? The more money people make, the more taxes they pay. And if an increase causes a domino effect, then it's better yet, because everybody is making more money and paying more taxes.
We would not need a huge minimum wage increase if we had allowed wages to increase with inflation for the last eight years

Employers have profited from frozen wages for eight years

Time to pay the piper

No, not really. The less it costs to run a business, the less their product or service costs to the customer. Increase wages, their customers would likely have to pay that bill.

The customer is already paying $8 for a stinking burger. The owner obviously doesn't care about passing on cost
The business owner has profited off of a frozen minimum wage
The employees have had to make do with less

Time to even the playing field

$15 to make up for the last eight years and the next eight when we finally get around to raising it again
/---- Why don't we set the minimum wage at $100,000 a year with paid time off and full medical? Now come on Libtards surely you can get on board with this idea.

What good is an employer if their employees have to live off welfare to survive?
/---- You fail to grasp the basic principals of business, There job is to make a profit, it's not a social program. Why not open a business and show us how it's done. Well go ahead snowflake.

I care about the good of the nation . Not the desires of some biz who wants slave labor .

How so? You said paying them more boosts the economy. Looks like you ran away from it pretty quick!

I stated the indisputable fact that when a low wage person makes more money they will spend more money.

I wish to dispute it's better for the economy if we force businesses to artificially increase wages. I made it crystal clear but you can't grasp it for some reason.

Your failure to answer my challenge proves it's wrong.
We have had minimum wages for over 70 years
Each time we tried to raise them, conservatives moaned about the end of small business as we know it
really?

Care to link to that claim?

And you can't seem to understand that more than half the states already have MW that is higher than the federal
Not even worthy of a response
and yet you responded

hmmm

Minimum wage workers are only about 3% of our workforce.

Then why do cons freak out over min wage ?

Because they want slaves. They demonize poor folks just trying to get by. They represent everything wrong with our nation. Our Minimum Wage is an absolute embarrassment compared to the rest of the world. Truly pathetic for the richest nation on earth. We can do much better.

I do.

A huge minimum wage increase has a domino effect causing inflation. If your wage goes up, but the cost of everything around you increases as well, how are you ahead?

Here in Cleveland they put the issue of a $15.00 minimum wage to vote in their all Democrat Council. They voted it down. Why? Because they knew it would chase businesses into the suburbs. So then they asked the county to join in so that wouldn't happen. The county wouldn't consider it for the same reason. It would chase industry to surrounding counties.

Why are politicians so interested in people making more money? The more money people make, the more taxes they pay. And if an increase causes a domino effect, then it's better yet, because everybody is making more money and paying more taxes.
We would not need a huge minimum wage increase if we had allowed wages to increase with inflation for the last eight years

Time to pay the piper
/--- Workers should get what they earn and what the employer can afford not what some power hungry politician says they should get so he can consolidate his power base.
Actually.........we have a society that looks out for those least able to defend themselves

Like low wage workers
so a person who chooses to work for a MW job just is utterly incapable of being able do do anything else?

Why do you have such a low opinion of people?

Well it's either that or some sort of superiority complex

/---- Here's why Spanky, all of your fake outrage is just to cover your support for the Trade Unions who comntribute heavly to the DNC..
Unions to see benefit from higher minimum wage

Several United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) Locals have an agreement with a California grocer requiring that, “in the event the State or Federal minimum wage increases during the term of this Agreement (2007-2011) to a rate greater than eight dollars ($8.00), each rate will be at least twenty cents ($0.20) above the minimum wage and each rate will be at least ten cents ($0.10) higher than the previous rate in the progression schedule.”

One SEIU Local’s agreement orders that “[t]he minimum hourly wage rates shall exceed any statutory applicable minimum wage rate by fifty cents.”

The Retail, Wholesale, & Chain Store Food Employees Union Local 338 have an agreement that says, “In the event of an increase in Federal or State minimum wage requirements, the employer agrees to meet and discuss those rates impacted by the new minimum wage.”

Read more: Unions to see benefit from higher minimum wage

The greedy assholes constantly make struggling folks out to be the 'Bad Guy.' These are just fellow Americans struggling to get by. You don't wanna a pay a fellow American a living wage, you can go to hell.

I'm sick of all the bitching & whining about the Minimum Wage. Our Minimum Wage is pathetic. We're the richest nation on earth for God's sake. We should treat our fellow Americans better.

What a loon. The average restaurant is barely breaking even; margins for "profitable" ones are 1-4%.

Because they want slaves. They demonize poor folks just trying to get by. They represent everything wrong with our nation. Our Minimum Wage is an absolute embarrassment compared to the rest of the world. Truly pathetic for the richest nation on earth. We can do much better.
you talk of slavery yet you have no clue what it was

anyone at any time can quit a job they don't want anymore
anyone at any time can acquire a new skill that makes the labor they sell more valuable to am employer

I do.

Time to pay the piper
/--- Workers should get what they earn and what the employer can afford not what some power hungry politician says they should get so he can consolidate his power base.
Actually.........we have a society that looks out for those least able to defend themselves

Like low wage workers
so a person who chooses to work for a MW job just is utterly incapable of being able do do anything else?

Why does RW think that: PROJECTION!

What a loon. The average restaurant is barely breaking even; margins for "profitable" ones are 1-4%.
More idiots who have no clue what it takes to run a business trying to tell us how to do so

BUT BUT BUT Libtards laughed when Republicans said higher minimum wages will drive up food costs.

Restaurant diners are footing the bill for rising minimum wages.

In lieu of steep menu price increases, many independent and regional chain restaurants in states including Arizona, California, Colorado and New York are adding surcharges of 3% to 4% to help offset rising labor costs. Industry analysts expect the practice to become widespread as more cities and states increase minimum wages.

More on this...

Wendy's installing self-ordering kiosks in 1,000 restaurants
US retail sales rise in January, led by gas and restaurants
What does 'A Day Without a Woman' mean for restaurants?
“It’s the emerging new norm,” said Sharokina Shams, spokeswoman for the California Restaurant Association. She said California restaurants are adding surcharges as the state lifts the minimum wage every year until it reaches $15 an hour by 2023. It is currently at $10.50 an hour for employers with 26 or more workers.
Restaurants are adding labor surcharges to help offset minimum wage increases
Only the right wing has a problem with that. They were predicting, massive price inflation and doubling of prices.

I do.

Time to pay the piper

Like low wage workers

I cannot speak for any RW and if you'd notice I didn't mention any wings in my post

But I have far more faith in the ability of people to better themselves than any of you do

that much is obvious

/---- You fail to grasp the basic principals of business, There job is to make a profit, it's not a social program. Why not open a business and show us how it's done. Well go ahead snowflake.

I care about the good of the nation . Not the desires of some biz who wants slave labor .

AW lil timmy call lassie and get a lick or two!!! The government has no reason or any business setting a wage. They have no idea what a business can afford to pay it's workers. The lies that it helps anything especially the min wage workers is LUDICROUS!! All it helps is the lying scum politicans that idiots vote for.

Time to pay the piper

Like low wage workers

I cannot speak for any RW and if you'd notice I didn't mention any wings in my post

But I have far more faith in the ability of people to better themselves than any of you do

that much is obvious

By RW, I was referring to the USMB member rightwinger, who is a leftie.

I do.

Time to pay the piper

No, not really. The less it costs to run a business, the less their product or service costs to the customer. Increase wages, their customers would likely have to pay that bill.

The customer is already paying $8 for a stinking burger. The owner obviously doesn't care about passing on cost
The business owner has profited off of a frozen minimum wage
The employees have had to make do with less

Time to even the playing field

$15 to make up for the last eight years and the next eight when we finally get around to raising it again

the employees could have left and found another job.

and all raising the MW to 15 an hour will do is decrease the purchasing power of everyone who already make 15 an hour or more

because the price of absolutely everything will go up and current MW wage workers really won't be much better off after all the price increases hit

Forum List

Back