Restlessness: American Doors

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a crime-consciousness story inspired by the film American Psycho.

I thought it'd be a nice way to retire and sign-off after tonight's State of the Union address!

Cheers,

====

A disgruntled American politician stormed out of the hall after listening to U.S. President Donald Trump deliver his State of the Union address during Super Bowl week [2018]. This disgruntled politician, a Virginia senator named Alec, decided to leave politics and become a 'vigilante-philosopher,' chasing the real 'ghouls' of society with his pistol and costume. Alec started referring to himself as the Shadow and began pursuing a serial-killer in D.C. who was taking corpses out of the cemetery and making bizarre metal-infused sculptures with skeletons. The Shadow was convinced this serial-killer (known simply as 'Skeleton') was the Devil.

shadow1.jpg

The Shadow finally captured Skeleton and had him transported to the maximum-security wing of D.C.'s primary center for the incarceration of America's most unusual criminally-insane individuals, Arkham Asylum. The Shadow then pretended to be a criminal psychologist writing a paper for a professional journal, so he could walk into Arkham and interview Skeleton. Shadow wanted to understand Skeleton's 'consciousness.'

SHADOW: Why did you make sculptures with skeletons?
SKELETON: Why are you so curious about my motives?
SHADOW: Let's just say I'm jaded by politics and want to understand the mind!
SKELETON: So, you're bored with 'normal society,' eh?
SHADOW: Well, I respect the law (unlike you), but I want to know your thoughts.
SKELETON: You're curious about evil and anarchy, man.
SHADOW: What are your thoughts?
SKELETON: I'll tell you what I know; fear and pain govern consciousness.
SHADOW: Yes, but even animals feel fear and pain.
SKELETON: True, but when humans feel fear and pain, they meditate on liberty.
SHADOW: I suppose animals don't think too much about liberty/immortality.
SKELETON: No, they don't; humans have the burden of knowledge and labor!
SHADOW: What's so 'special' about evil/anarchy?
SKELETON: When you think about a 'disfigured man,' you glimpse perdition.
SHADOW: So, you're some 'adversary' of beauty?
SKELETON: No, I'm merely a 'messenger' of restlessness.

hell1.jpg

The Shadow was more or less satisfied with his discussion about evil and hell with Skeleton, and he decided to keep all his notes so one day he could write a supreme book about the nature of crime, rebelliousness, and evil in America (not unlike what writer Thomas Harris accomplished with his Red Dragon stories!). Shadow was curious about Skeleton's message regarding natural 'restlessness' and was unsatisfied merely 'monitoring America' as a civics-diplomat (or American politician). What would Shadow's consciousness-journey become, and would America embrace Shadow's approach to addressing the 'problem' of restlessness?

====

:dance:

Forum List

Back