Judge Engoron to recuse?

The idea that a Judge has to recuse himself (or herself) because some rando walks up on a public hallway and starts babbling is just hilarious.

Shows the desperation of the defense team to grab at anything to increase the number of billable hours.

Think it through people, all any defendant would have to do is watch to see how their case is going, if not well, hire some rando to walk up to a Judge and start babbling about the case. Then "poof" recusal, mistrial, and back to the starting blocks.

I wouldn't be surprised if the filing lawyers of the motion are referred to the New York State bar for disciplinary action for filing such a frivolous request.
Care4all - It was the Trump Fraud Case which was a bench trial, not the E. Jean Carrol cases which were jury trials.

WW
Ahhh, ok...the civil, bench trial....

Ok. What does recusal entail, after a trial is over, and after the jury of 12 came to their verdict? What would he be recused from, at this point? Isn't the case over? Or are there other decisions for the judge to continue to make? That's what is confusing to me....??!!
we can assume a retrial, but who knows...

The trial is over, I don't believe a judge can recuse AFTERWARDS.
Probably have to declare a mistrial.
"A conviction is an adjudication of a criminal defendant’s guilt; specifically, it is the act or judicial process of finding a criminal defendant guilty of a charged offense."
Only officially a convict after the judge enters the verdict into the public record.

The idea that a Judge has to recuse himself (or herself) because some rando walks up on a public hallway and starts babbling is just hilarious.
A good judge should know better...... :eek:

images

Recent revelation that could cause the Judge to recuse. Boy this could be a real kick to the left's nutz.

The 24-page filing said Judge Engoron should step aside in light of a state judicial conduct investigation launched last month. Sources familiar with the investigation said the probe is examining whether Engoron engaged in an improper conversation about the case with an expert real estate lawyer three weeks before issuing his $454 million penalty ruling.

That lawyer is Adam Leitman Bailey, who unexpectedly revealed his alleged interaction with the judge during two taped TV interviews with NBC New York in February.
"I wanted him to know what I think and why…I really want him to get it right," Bailey said, repeating that it had been his intention to advise Engoron about the law in the Trump case and why harsh penalties would be bad for business in New York. Bailey later said he and the judge "never mentioned the word Donald Trump," but when asked if it had been clear which case they had been discussing, Bailey responded "Well obviously we weren't talking about the Mets."

In their motion, the Trump legal team said WNBC's reporting on Bailey's public statements raises questions about outside influence on the judge.

"Where, as here, this Court's impartiality might reasonably be questioned under the circumstances, it must recuse. Indeed, there is no other means of dispelling the shadow that now looms over this Court's impartiality," the filing states.

There’s a big clue in there, “filed just last month”! Sounds like a clear case of MAGA retaliation to me.

#MAGAFASCISM

"The trial is over."
Lost in the fog of this lawfare, I'm wondering how is it that "gag-orders" can be issued AFTER a trial.
I know it's not pertaining to this case, but whiskey tango foxtrot???
Lawfare run amuck.
🙄

"The trial is over."
Lost in the fog of this lawfare, I'm wondering how is it that "gag-orders" can be issued AFTER a trial.
I know it's not pertaining to this case, but whiskey tango foxtrot???
Lawfare run amuck.
🙄

As you said the restriction on posting about jurors, court staff, non elected prosecutors, and their families was in place before trial.

So comments wondering about post trial restrictions are truly WTF?

WW

As you said the restriction on posting about jurors, court staff, non elected prosecutors, and their families was in place before trial.

So comments wondering about post trial restrictions are truly WTF?

WW
Thanks for the NON answer.
Trump has 1st Amendment rights even if Orange Man BAD.
🙄

Thanks for the NON answer.
Trump has 1st Amendment rights even if Orange Man BAD.
🙄

There is no 1st Amendment right to attempt to influence a criminal proceeding or to threaten/disparage (in attempts to get others to harm) court staff, non-elected prosecutors, witnesses, jurors and their families.

WW

There is no 1st Amendment right to attempt to influence a criminal proceeding or to threaten/disparage (in attempts to get others to harm) court staff, non-elected prosecutors, witnesses, jurors and their families.

WW
What fucking THREATS are you referring to??????
Speech is not violence!
You fucking Stalinist Marxist ASSHOLES are twisting into pretzels to justify this un-American BULLSHIT.
:evil:

What fucking THREATS are you referring to??????
Speech is not violence!
You fucking Stalinist Marxist ASSHOLES are twisting into pretzels to justify this un-American BULLSHIT.
:evil:

: pats head :

It's OK, let it out. We're here to help you no the journey through your grief.

WW

"One way or another, this darkness got to give......" :eusa_whistle:

Patriotic real American's from the left and the right are trying to do that.

Which means CF34FPOTUS45 being held accountable for his crimes.

Cultists are not happy, we get it. But we are here to help you.

WW

Impropriety.

Nope, only found guilty by a jury.................not convicted yet............... :biggrin:
What children they are....
Their entire vocabulary has dwindled to two words now.
Oddly....the impending conviction has apparently made him more popular in the black community who are always screaming that felonious attachment has disproportionately affected them via racist court system actions.

Patriotic real American's from the left and the right are trying to do that.

Which means CF34FPOTUS45 being held accountable for his crimes.

Cultists are not happy, we get it. But we are here to help you.

WW
We've had enough of your gaslight theatre and Stalinist Marxist Leninist lawfare. We will re-elect Trump, and there will be a reckoning..........FAFO

Forum List

Back