🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Revealed: Letters From Republicans Seeking Obamacare Money

politicians trying to get money. Totally new low.

Since you are a wingnut and a cultist, you are only familiar with scammers, so it's understandable for you to assume every funding request must be sought dishonestly.

Are you getting dumber? I didn't say anything of the sort. I sarcastically pointed out how ridiculous it is to whine about something all politicians do as if it's some radical new thing.

"Goodies" like health clinics in underserved areas?

Sometimes I honestly can't tell if you people are fucking serious.

A perfect example of the way it works.

Certainly some good is going to be done when the flood gates are open. But then the more naive believe the line that it's all good, they're more than willing to excuse and ignore all the waste, bloat, fraud, sloth and abuse that comes with it. They're willing to accept whatever measure of good that comes from all the bad.

Just like the beaten wife defends her abusive husband.

I'll confess, after this response, I still can't tell if you're fucking serious.

We're talking about funds for community health centers.

Indeed, I definitely agree that you don't understand my point.

Last edited:
Indeed, I definitely agree that you don't understand my point.

Please. I'm not in a gracious enough mood to pretend you had a point by claiming that supporting health centers that meet the needs of folks in these reps' communities is a "goody" from "Central Planning" (Christ almighty!). In the United States, we subsidize medical capacity to make sure hospitals and clinics are there for people when they need them. We have since the 1950s. That doesn't make us the Soviet Union. We need more capacity, the ACA provides funds for it. These representatives, GOP or not, understand the importance to people's lives of having that medical capacity in their districts or states. They're not ghouls. I congratulate them on that.

The ACA is helping people, as they undoubtedly realize (even if they don't quite have the character to say those words). But, contrary to your brilliant "point," acknowledging that isn't equivalent to being a battered wife. Get a fucking grip.

Perry’s office said Politico’s story was “not accurate” and pointed TPM to a Texas Tribune article in which the governor’s aides downplay the connection of the funds to Obamacare, and noted that what they’re seeking is not the broader Medicaid expansion to extend eligibility to more low-income residents.

“The bottom line is it has nothing to do with Obamacare,” said Perry spokeswoman Allison Castle.

Only it has everything to do with Obamacare. As the Department of Health and Human Services explained last February, the new Community First Choice program was explicitly set up under the Affordable Care Act and offers federal funds so states can pay a higher reimbursement rate to providers of home-based care. The aim was to ratchet back an incentive for ill patients to go to a nursing facility when they can be cared for at home.

Perry is in good company among Republican governors, many of whom want billions of federal funds under the law’s Medicaid expansion, but don’t want to call it Obamacare.

Shhh! Don’t Call Our Obamacare Money Obamacare, Say GOP Governors

:)

BUMP

grinning-smiley-024.gif

Forum List

Back