Rich people want to take your rights

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Strange, I thought the Republicans were the party that liked rich people.

Sen. Rand Paul says there’s “a certain amount of hypocrisy” that the same Hollywood celebrities and prominent politicians — including President Barack Obama and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg — who are calling for gun control are also benefiting from armed protection themselves.
“I don’t begrudge any famous person like Mayor Bloomberg, or the president or the president’s family for having protection — I think they all should. There’s enough crazy people out there that would attack on the right or the left. But I think when you are being protected by people who have weapons by responsible people, I can’t see why you would be opposed to that for other people,” Paul, a Kentucky Republican, said Thursday on Fox News’s “Hannity” to guest-host Eric Bolling.
He continued: “Many rich Hollywood celebrities have armed guards with them at all times and many regular people who live in a poor neighborhood, who have a business in a poor neighborhood and a neighborhood that may have higher crime — those people have to suffer the vicissitudes of violent crime without protection sometimes because of gun control laws. So, yes, I think there is a certain amount of hypocrisy.”

Rand Paul hits Hollywood on gun control - Kevin Cirilli - POLITICO.com

They already did, the government may deprive you of any piece of property under Maritime Jurisdiction, since the Federal Reserve is a foreign corporation.

The 14th Amendment only protects your "Privileges and Immunities" not your rights.

By acquiring currency (if you think you're rich) you have only acquired debt, in the form of Federal Reserve Notes.

Did you know that the Supreme Court ruled that the United States Government is also a corporation?

Did you know that federal citizenship did NOT exist before the 14th Amendment (only citizens of States), the 14th Amendment made us vassals of the Federal Government; before the 14th Amendment, the US government had very little jurisdiction over citizens of the States.

http://www.newswithviews.com/LeMieux/michael108.htm

Last edited:

Sen. Rand Paul says there’s “a certain amount of hypocrisy” that the same Hollywood celebrities and prominent politicians — including President Barack Obama and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg — who are calling for gun control are also benefiting from armed protection themselves.
“I don’t begrudge any famous person like Mayor Bloomberg, or the president or the president’s family for having protection — I think they all should. There’s enough crazy people out there that would attack on the right or the left. But I think when you are being protected by people who have weapons by responsible people, I can’t see why you would be opposed to that for other people,” Paul, a Kentucky Republican, said Thursday on Fox News’s “Hannity” to guest-host Eric Bolling.
He continued: “Many rich Hollywood celebrities have armed guards with them at all times and many regular people who live in a poor neighborhood, who have a business in a poor neighborhood and a neighborhood that may have higher crime — those people have to suffer the vicissitudes of violent crime without protection sometimes because of gun control laws. So, yes, I think there is a certain amount of hypocrisy.”

Do as I say, not as I do...

It never ceases to amaze, power grab from Liberal = Good, Power Grab from Conservative = Bad...

The "rant" doesn't make any sense.

Oh wait. "Rand Paul"????

Figures. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Oh wait. "Rand Paul"????

The rant makes perfect sense deanie.

Gregory can bitch all he wants for example about the insane notion that schools should have armed guards when that mother trucker pulls his freaking kid out of his kids school that is cocked locked and ready to rock with their protection.

Oh wait. "Rand Paul"????

Unlike your posts, that was not a rant, it was mocking.

Yes, get rid of the secret service. That makes so much sense.

Yep, that is what he said.

Did you know that Obama signed a law that restores lifetime Secret Service protection for presidents? That means that, wherever he goes until the day he dies, he will have people with him that carry guns. Yet, for some reason, he wants to deny people that cannot hire bodyguards the right to protect themselves.

Did you know that Obama signed a law that restores lifetime Secret Service protection for presidents? That means that, wherever he goes until the day he dies, he will have people with him that carry guns. Yet, for some reason, he wants to deny people that cannot hire bodyguards the right to protect themselves.

LMAO. Yet. For some unknown reason, you just like to make shit up. Go ahead and post the credible link showing Obama wanting to keep ME from carrying a gun to protect myself.

I won't wait cause you can't do it.

Go ahead, post some more drivel. You got a few on here just hanging on your every word.

Oh wait. "Rand Paul"????

That's what I thought too. I read his blubbery comment several times, weighed his final false equivalency (I suspect those "armed guards" are trained security personnel, not NRA nutbags like the Lanzas) and passed.

Armed Guards are trained to use weapons properly.

Your average citizen isn't.

WHich is why a gun in the home is43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.

Sorry, wingnuts. This is just the reality of the thing.

You don't need a gun. A gun is more dangerous to you than whatever you are afraid of.

Well, this old Liberal has owned guns since I was 12 years old. And I will never allow one of the war weapons in my home.

When you have the number of guns deaths in the US set to exceed the number of deaths from auto accidents, there is something seriously wrong in our culture.

The majority of the population simply have no concept about handling a gun. On the front page of the Oregonian, they had an article about the number of people buying guns because of the NRA stupidity about the President taking away everybody's guns. The picture in the article showed a custemer handling a handgun with the muzzle pointed dead center at the clerk's chest. Yet the clerk was saying nothing about it. And the NRA would insist on that fools right to have that gun.

Yes, for every time that a gun is actually used in self defense, 43 people, adults and children, will die in American homes because of the fact that most Americans haven't the faintest idea of the danger of the tool that they are handling.

Notorious anti-gun politician senator Teddy Kennedy's private bodyguard was arrested trying to enter the senate office building with several illegal fully automatic unregistered firearms concealed on his person. Senator Kennedy apparently felt that he needed that firepower for self protection. The charges were quietly squashed by sen. Kennedy. Mayor Bloomberg secured permission for his bodyguards to be armed on a trip to Bermuda even though the local police are not armed.

Protect themselves from who? Loony right wingers. Don't worry. Their wacko party is shrinking. You have to admit it is funny they are worried about being "protected", but not about having jobs or education for their children or having a clean country. Seems awfully weird.

They already did, the government may deprive you of any piece of property under Maritime Jurisdiction, since the Federal Reserve is a foreign corporation.

The 14th Amendment only protects your "Privileges and Immunities" not your rights.

By acquiring currency (if you think you're rich) you have only acquired debt, in the form of Federal Reserve Notes.

Did you know that the Supreme Court ruled that the United States Government is also a corporation?

Did you know that federal citizenship did NOT exist before the 14th Amendment (only citizens of States), the 14th Amendment made us vassals of the Federal Government; before the 14th Amendment, the US government had very little jurisdiction over citizens of the States.

Michael LeMieux -- The Hidden 14th Amendment agenda

since the Federal Reserve is a foreign corporation.

No it isn't.

So what?

LMAO. Yet. For some unknown reason, you just like to make shit up. Go ahead and post the credible link showing Obama wanting to keep ME from carrying a gun to protect myself.

I won't wait cause you can't do it.

Go ahead, post some more drivel. You got a few on here just hanging on your every word.

Just curious, what would you consider credible? Does the fact that he has never once spoken up in favor of people being able to won handguns count? How about how he has never said that the fundamental right to self defense exists even in Chicago, where it was flat out illegal to own a gun? How about how he has said that he wants weapons of war, which are now defined as semi automatic weapons, out of the hands of everyone who is not in the military?

Armed Guards are trained to use weapons properly.

Your average citizen isn't.

WHich is why a gun in the home is43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.

Sorry, wingnuts. This is just the reality of the thing.

You don't need a gun. A gun is more dangerous to you than whatever you are afraid of.

How much training do those armed guards get? What are the exact requirements for being an armed guard in whatever world you live in? In the real world, police in New York shot more people taking down a guy with a gun than the gunman shot.

Well, this old Liberal has owned guns since I was 12 years old. And I will never allow one of the war weapons in my home.

When you have the number of guns deaths in the US set to exceed the number of deaths from auto accidents, there is something seriously wrong in our culture.

The majority of the population simply have no concept about handling a gun. On the front page of the Oregonian, they had an article about the number of people buying guns because of the NRA stupidity about the President taking away everybody's guns. The picture in the article showed a custemer handling a handgun with the muzzle pointed dead center at the clerk's chest. Yet the clerk was saying nothing about it. And the NRA would insist on that fools right to have that gun.

Yes, for every time that a gun is actually used in self defense, 43 people, adults and children, will die in American homes because of the fact that most Americans haven't the faintest idea of the danger of the tool that they are handling.

I thought about treating this like an intelligent post, but it started to kill off my brain cells when I tried. You really should learn that, if you actually have a point, lying is not the way to prove it.

Protect themselves from who? Loony right wingers. Don't worry. Their wacko party is shrinking. You have to admit it is funny they are worried about being "protected", but not about having jobs or education for their children or having a clean country. Seems awfully weird.

Even by your standards this post is incoherent. Did you stop taking your meds?

Forum List

Back