Rich people want to take your rights

Strange, I thought the Republicans were the party that liked rich people.

Sen. Rand Paul says there’s “a certain amount of hypocrisy” that the same Hollywood celebrities and prominent politicians — including President Barack Obama and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg — who are calling for gun control are also benefiting from armed protection themselves.
“I don’t begrudge any famous person like Mayor Bloomberg, or the president or the president’s family for having protection — I think they all should. There’s enough crazy people out there that would attack on the right or the left. But I think when you are being protected by people who have weapons by responsible people, I can’t see why you would be opposed to that for other people,” Paul, a Kentucky Republican, said Thursday on Fox News’s “Hannity” to guest-host Eric Bolling.
He continued: “Many rich Hollywood celebrities have armed guards with them at all times and many regular people who live in a poor neighborhood, who have a business in a poor neighborhood and a neighborhood that may have higher crime — those people have to suffer the vicissitudes of violent crime without protection sometimes because of gun control laws. So, yes, I think there is a certain amount of hypocrisy.”

Rand Paul hits Hollywood on gun control - Kevin Cirilli - POLITICO.com

The "rant" doesn't make any sense.

Oh wait. "Rand Paul"????

Figures. Move along. Nothing to see here.

So are you trying to deny the hypocrisy of the rich left and their gun control.

Sen. Rand Paul says there’s “a certain amount of hypocrisy” that the same Hollywood celebrities and prominent politicians — including President Barack Obama and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg — who are calling for gun control are also benefiting from armed protection themselves.
“I don’t begrudge any famous person like Mayor Bloomberg, or the president or the president’s family for having protection — I think they all should. There’s enough crazy people out there that would attack on the right or the left. But I think when you are being protected by people who have weapons by responsible people, I can’t see why you would be opposed to that for other people,” Paul, a Kentucky Republican, said Thursday on Fox News’s “Hannity” to guest-host Eric Bolling.
He continued: “Many rich Hollywood celebrities have armed guards with them at all times and many regular people who live in a poor neighborhood, who have a business in a poor neighborhood and a neighborhood that may have higher crime — those people have to suffer the vicissitudes of violent crime without protection sometimes because of gun control laws. So, yes, I think there is a certain amount of hypocrisy.”

Yes, get rid of the secret service. That makes so much sense.

Yes. Get rid of the CIA, Homeland Security; pare back the FBI to an informational service, too.

We have a military and a national guard. We have state police agencies and local police agencies. They can handle those tasks quite nicely, thank you.

Why in the hell do we need any of those federal agencies? They gobble up funds and space while doing precious little.

What does not wanting convicted felons to be able to find a legal loophole where they can buy guns without a background check have to do with whether or not someone has a bodyguard?

Are you trolling for kicks or are you actually THAT FUCKING STUPID?

He's being purposely obtuse because he knows he can't honestly defend the actions of his fellow leftist authoritarian oppressors, but doesn't have the balls to admit they're wrong

Yes, get rid of the secret service. That makes so much sense.

Yep, that is what he said.

Did you know that Obama signed a law that restores lifetime Secret Service protection for presidents? That means that, wherever he goes until the day he dies, he will have people with him that carry guns. Yet, for some reason, he wants to deny people that cannot hire bodyguards the right to protect themselves.

LMAO. Yet. For some unknown reason, you just like to make shit up. Go ahead and post the credible link showing Obama wanting to keep ME from carrying a gun to protect myself.

I won't wait cause you can't do it.

Go ahead, post some more drivel. You got a few on here just hanging on your every word.

That wasn't so hard, was it.

Hale DeMar, a 52-year-old Wilmette resident, was arrested and charged with misdemeanor violations for shooting, in the shoulder and leg, a burglar who broke into his home not once, but twice. Cook County prosecutors dropped all charges against DeMar.
In March 2004, the Illinois Senate passed Senate Bill 2165, a law introduced in response to DeMar's case, with provisions designed to assert a right of citizens to protect themselves against home invasions, such that self-defense requirements would be viewed to take precedence over local ordinances against handgun possession. The measure passed the Illinois Senate by a vote of 38-20. Barack Obama was one of the 20 state senators voting against the measure.

Governor Rod Blagojevich vetoed the bill. On Nov. 9, 2004, the Illinois Senate voted 40-18 to override Blagojevich's veto. Again, Obama acted against the bill.

On Nov. 17, the Illinois House voted overwhelmingly, 85-30, to override the governor's veto and Senate Bill 2165 became law.

Source: Obama Nation, by Jerome Corsi, p.241-242 , Aug 1, 2008

And here is the link to the bill and roll call vote.

Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for SB2165

Who in Hollywood, who has bodyguards, wants to ban all firearms including those used for personal protection?

Why don't you name the ones who want to do this, and we might have a real life real world example of a real person who might be hypocritical.

Are you trolling for kicks or are you actually THAT FUCKING STUPID?

He's being purposely obtuse because he knows he can't honestly defend the actions of his fellow leftist authoritarian oppressors, but doesn't have the balls to admit they're wrong

Nobody has named a single Hollywood person who fits the description in the OP. Would you like to,

or would you rather be obtuse because you can't honestly defend the nonsense in the OP?

You have been wrong on so many things it is surprising you continue

What does not wanting convicted felons to be able to find a legal loophole where they can buy guns without a background check have to do with whether or not someone has a bodyguard?

What does that have to do with the thread?

Oh wait. "Rand Paul"????

English is pretty undecipherable to baboons too.

Oh wait. "Rand Paul"????

agree :clap2:

Rand Paul said it's hypocritical of some Hollywood people who want gun control when they have armed guards.

Which ones want to take away other people's right to have armed guards? That would be hypocritical.

I forgot how stupid you are, my apologies.

If you can't identify the hypocrisy that Rand Paul is talking about, at least admit it.

I'll make it easy for you, admit it with your silence, admit you don't know what the hypocrisy is by not identifying it, specifically, for us.

Rich people want to take your rights
....While they reserve the right to....

....DRAIN our Treasury!!!!!!!

tumblr_me732qmQaO1qjvnc4o1_500.jpg

Forum List

Back