Rick Santorum Admits Gay Couples Can Be Just Normal Parents

Santorum is nuts. He just defeated the Right's argument against same sex families.
It is just one on the many stupid arguments against same sex marriage. Not only is it not true that gays are not good or appropriate as parents, it's not even the right argument to e having. Gay people, like all others have and will continue to have children in their care, by various means, regardless of their ability to marry. Allowing marriage will only enhance their ability to provide a secure and stable home for the kids. People who oppose same sex marriage because of the kids are ignorant asses and the worst kind of hypocrites

A study in “Adolescence” found: “A disproportionate percentage—29 percent—of the adult children of homosexual parents had been specifically subjected to sexual molestation by that homosexual parent, compared to only 0.6 percent of adult children of heterosexual parents having reported sexual relations with their parent.…Having a homosexual parent(s) appears to increase the risk of incest with a parent by a factor of about 50.”
gay-incest.jpg

A study in “Adolescence” found: “A disproportionate percentage—29 percent—of the adult children of homosexual parents had been specifically subjected to sexual molestation by that homosexual parent, compared to only 0.6 percent of adult children of heterosexual parents having reported sexual relations with their parent.…Having a homosexual parent(s) appears to increase the risk of incest with a parent by a factor of about 50.”
gay-incest.jpg

Link?

gay-incest.jpg
Sounds like horseshit to me. Who determined that? The Family Research Council ? Care to provide a source for that?

"I'm not saying that a same-sex couple can't have a very positive and nurturing environment."

Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Penn.), who has aggressively opposed gay marriage throughout his career, admitted on Wednesday that gay couples can provide a healthy environment for children.

Santorum, who has said that the Supreme Court's June decision legalizing same-sex marriage, further put the "nail in the coffin" of the nuclear family, was pressed on his position by ABC's "The View" co-host Raven-Symoné, who said she considers herself a part of the "gay and transgender community."

"I don't understand why you feel like people in the gay and transgender community can't raise a very beautiful, smart, intelligent child as well as a man and a woman when sometimes, coming from a heterosexual family, there's a lot more fighting, there's a lot more going on," she said on "The View."

Santorum, who is running for president, responded by saying that same-sex couples could in fact create a good environment for their children.

"I'm not saying that a same-sex couple can't have a very positive and nurturing environment," he said.

Despite admitting that gay couples can be just as good parents as anyone else, Santorum didn't back away from his position that gay marriage will destroy the traditional family.

More: Rick Santorum Admits Gay Couples Can Be Just Normal Parents, But Still Opposes Same-Sex Marriage

Well, there it is. Even Santorum admits that gay couples can provide a healthy environment for children. Many of us already knew that.

More lies from the left, no where did he say "normal". Because that is physically impossible, normal is having both biological parents.

"I'm not saying that a same-sex couple can't have a very positive and nurturing environment."

Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Penn.), who has aggressively opposed gay marriage throughout his career, admitted on Wednesday that gay couples can provide a healthy environment for children.

Santorum, who has said that the Supreme Court's June decision legalizing same-sex marriage, further put the "nail in the coffin" of the nuclear family, was pressed on his position by ABC's "The View" co-host Raven-Symoné, who said she considers herself a part of the "gay and transgender community."

"I don't understand why you feel like people in the gay and transgender community can't raise a very beautiful, smart, intelligent child as well as a man and a woman when sometimes, coming from a heterosexual family, there's a lot more fighting, there's a lot more going on," she said on "The View."

Santorum, who is running for president, responded by saying that same-sex couples could in fact create a good environment for their children.

"I'm not saying that a same-sex couple can't have a very positive and nurturing environment," he said.

Despite admitting that gay couples can be just as good parents as anyone else, Santorum didn't back away from his position that gay marriage will destroy the traditional family.

More: Rick Santorum Admits Gay Couples Can Be Just Normal Parents, But Still Opposes Same-Sex Marriage

Well, there it is. Even Santorum admits that gay couples can provide a healthy environment for children. Many of us already knew that.
It doesn't matter what some politician says at a press conference. He is not an expert, and nothing he says changes anything..

It is still too early to answer this question, and the answer will have to come from family therapists, social workers, and psychologists, when these children have fully grown.

And then it will be too late, because the damage will already been done.

More lies from the left, no where did he say "normal". Because that is physically impossible, normal is having both biological parents.

So a heterosexual couple adopting a child is not "normal"?

A heterosexual couple using a sperm donor or a surrogate because one partner is unable to have children is not "normal"

A single parent who re-marries and where the spouse adopts the child is not"normal"?

What the fuck is normal? It seems to me it is only "abnormal" if it involves gay people. Anything else is "normal" regardless of whether or not both parents are biological parents.

Are all children who do not have two biological parents unworthy of the security of having two married and legal parents , or is it only the children of gay people.? It's either "normal" or it is not" normal" for one or both parents to not be biological. Which is it and what the fuck does it matter?

Last edited:

It doesn't matter what some politician says at a press conference. He is not an expert, and nothing he says changes anything..

It is still too early to answer this question, and the answer will have to come from family therapists, social workers, and psychologists, when these children have fully grown.

There are many who have been raised by two dads or two moms who are now grown and very well balanced.

I've always viewed Santorum as a weird little closet gay dude. Just like Lindsey Graham.

Dude, same sex marriage may be fairly new but gay people have been raising children-individually and as couples for decades. I placed kids for adoption as a social worker in New Jersey where joint adoption by same sex couples has been the practice since 1997. It is not is issue, There is no "damage:" You should educate yourself on the subject.

So a heterosexual couple adopting a child is not "normal"?

A heterosexual couple using a sperm donor or a surrogate because one partner is unable to have children is not "normal"

A single parent who re-marries and where the spouse adopts the child is not"normal"?

What the fuck is normal? It seems to me it is only "abnormal" if it involves gay people. Anything else is "normal" regardless of whether or not both parents are biological parents.

Are all children who do not have two biological parents unworthy of the security of having two married and legal parents , or is it only the children of gay people.? It's either "normal" or it is not" normal" for one or both parents to not be biological. Which is it and what the fuck does it matter?

All variate from the norm, your point? Made up relationships can't replace biological relationships. Some are decent substitutes, but none are capable of being identical.

The thing is, liberals don't care if being raised by a gay couple is good or bad for children. Even if they found out that it was bad for children, they would still support it.

Democratic politicians used to kiss babies, now they abort them.

And now they want to add infanticide to the list of things they can do to children.

The thing is, liberals don't care if being raised by a gay couple is good or bad for children. Even if they found out that it was bad for children, they would still support it.

Democratic politicians used to kiss babies, now they abort them.

And now they want to add infanticide to the list of things they can do to children.
Lakhota, you rate this as funny?

Maybe you should volunteer your services to a Planned Parenthood clinic and see how long you are laughing.

Homosexuals have very high rates of aids, that's not good for kids, is it?

Allowing homosexuals the right to marry will almost certainly reduce the rate of Aids within this group as many will concentrate more on long term relationships rather than just sleeping around. Of course it will take some time to see if it actually plays out that way, but I'm thinking it will.

and what are we suppose to do about it. give a crap

because I DON'T. SICK OF having homosexuals shoved down our throats

way more important thing going on in life
We know, you would rather have a heterosexual shoved down your throat you naughty girl.

Interesting that you never hear a LIBERAL RANT about this..... perhaps it's almost as bad as drawing Muhammad!

8qqCEd1.jpg

yes! because two women can teach their son boy things and to be a good man and husband to his wife and two men can teach their daughter girl things and to be a good wife to her husband

........... you libs are so stupid its dangerous.

Forum List

Back