Right Wing Creationist Home School Curriculum Highly Inaccurate And "Really Dumb"

And Biblical literalism, the heart pin of evangelical and fundamentalist heresy, dooms the creationist-based home school program as out of touch with the world in which the home-schooled child must operate.

Really? How so, Jake

Do Orthodox Jews, Quakers and the Amish not operate in the world or just not in your little world?

LNIAAS722.jpg

nessie.jpg

I may disagree with you on a lot of things, but I always considered you a rational poster. PLEASE don't drift off to Crazyland, Frank. :eek:

And Biblical literalism, the heart pin of evangelical and fundamentalist heresy, dooms the creationist-based home school program as out of touch with the world in which the home-schooled child must operate.

Really? How so, Jake

Do Orthodox Jews, Quakers and the Amish not operate in the world or just not in your little world?

Do you mean the "moderates" or the "separatists"?

You already know the answer, my friend.

Don't drift into crazy land, huh.

The respect is lacking by the minority for the larger majority's viewpoint.

Believe creationism all you want but don't expect your bosses, employers, and peers to respect you as a professional.

Great Malarkey!!

Care to explain the Big Bang? You also might like to know that it was a Belgian Jesuit Priest who first proposed it

Georges Lemaître - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Notice I left off 'Theory'? 'Cause it's not. It's fact.

So explain the Big Bang to us. Explain how it happened and why it isn't a creationist event.

Fucking jerkoff.

And don't bore me with 'M' theory. M theory can't even be proven...... or disproven. It's scientifically the greatest waste of time in history.

Tell us about the Big Bang, Malarkey..... Come on, tell us.

Last edited:
"This is clear propaganda" when you state, without context or nuance or example "To focus in on one or two poorly worded questions in some OBSCURE British home-schooling packet (that parents may or may not choose to use) in a dishonest effort to make the entire lot of (a) Christians and (b) people who homeschool their kids look like idiots?"

That is evasion on your part not defense.

Why in the world would I need to defend one obscure passage in a British homeschooling package? It's completely irrelevant and nitpicky.

Would it be fair to make you defend every poorly worded question administered at each public school in Britain too?

You attack it then the counter burden is on you. Your dismissal is not rebuttal just evasion.

What do I need to defend though? The question the blog pointed out IS stupid. But guess what, so are a lot of the questions on standardized tests given to public school kids.

The point is, one question from an obscure british packet - which we don't know whether or not is specific to the british curriculum, or specific to a certain type of packet, or was discontinued etc - does not represent the entirety of homeschoolers, or Christians, or rightwingers, and therefore it's silly and dishonest to present the argument in a way that's aimed at discrediting the entire group. That's propaganda.

If you want to discredit someone, find the actual person who wrote that question and talk about how bad they are at editing, etc.

Believe in reactionary Christian creationism all you want, edge, and you will get the lack of respect you deserve from the larger world.

Only a small minority of Christians believe in heretical reactionary evangelical and fundamentalist creationism.

"What do I need to defend though?"

You give up the point but you still want to quarrel?

Great Malarkey!!

Care to explain the Big Bang? You also might like to know that it was a Belgian Jesuit Priest who first proposed it

So explain the Big Bang to us. Explain how it happened and why it isn't a creationist event.

Fucking jerkoff.

And don't bore me with 'M' theory. M theory can't even be proven...... or disproven. It's scientifically the greatest waste of time in history.

I have never understood the arguing between theists and atheists over the Big Bang.

"How do you explain something being created from nothing?"

"How do YOU explain something being created from nothing?"

"If God created the universe, who created God?"

"If the Big Bang created the universe, what came before the Big Bang?"

If anything, agnostics have a more realistic stance. It's "Fuck if I know."

The respect is lacking by the minority for the larger majority's viewpoint.

Believe creationism all you want but don't expect your bosses, employers, and peers to respect you as a professional.

Anyone,such as yourself,that would look down on someone because of their faith is hardly a professional. Their opinion would be useless.

Once again, a deliberate misconstruction of my point.

One can be a Christian and teach evolution in a biology class.

One can be a creationist and should never be allowed to teach evolution in a biology class.

Why? you just presented an example of how both can exist at the same time,but once again ,people like yourself choose a narrow point of view and call it gospel,pun intended.

The point is, one question from an obscure british packet - which we don't know whether or not is specific to the british curriculum, or specific to a certain type of packet, or was discontinued etc - does not represent the entirety of homeschoolers, or Christians, or rightwingers, and therefore it's silly and dishonest to present the argument in a way that's aimed at discrediting the entire group. That's propaganda.

I have already posted links showing that the British actually discontinued the Loch Ness monster references, but not until July of 2013. While one article states the US versions may follow suit, the fact that it took until this year to remove those references really says something.

Believe in reactionary Christian creationism all you want, edge, and you will get the lack of respect you deserve from the larger world.

Only a small minority of Christians believe in heretical reactionary evangelical and fundamentalist creationism.

Only a small amount?? where do you get this crap from?

One can not be a "christian "when one rejects god

The use of heretical,and evangelical as the same descriptor....is well wrong.

What is a reactionary evangelical anyways??

Why in the world would I need to defend one obscure passage in a British homeschooling package? It's completely irrelevant and nitpicky.

Accelerated Christian Education - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Accelerated Christian Education is an American educational products company which produces the Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) school curriculum. The home office is in Nashville, Tennessee, with a customer service and distribution center in Lewisville, Texas. According to a study, by 1980 there were over 3,000 Christian Schools in the United States associated with ACE. A European representative states that the ACE program is “being used in thousands of schools and many thousands of home schools in over 100 different countries worldwide.” ACE currently serves over 7,000 schools, one government contract.

It lists its principles in a "statement of faith" which declares the belief that the Bible is literally true.

Again, the OP examines one poor question in an obscure british packet and misleads people into thinking it's a representation of ALL homeschoolers and ALL Christians.

I don't like how the blogger approached the issue. He is clearly trying to demonize a group vs. holistically analyzing (in a neutral way) a very widespread and diverse group (conservatives, homeschoolers, christians).

I have already posted links showing that the British actually discontinued the Loch Ness monster references, but not until July of 2013. While one article states the US versions may follow suit, the fact that it took until this year to remove those references really says something.

But why do you care about what British homeschoolers do anyways? Are you British or live in Britain?

Great Malarkey!!

Fucking jerkoff.

I have never understood the arguing between theists and atheists over the Big Bang.

"How do you explain something being created from nothing?"

"How do YOU explain something being created from nothing?"

"If God created the universe, who created God?"

"If the Big Bang created the universe, what came before the Big Bang?"

If anything, agnostics have a more realistic stance. It's "Fuck if I know."

The point is not lost on you, but on others.

dimocrap scum demand and scream to high heaven that there is no God.

Fine, sez I. Prove it motherfuckers.

And while you're at it, explain the Big Bang. A CREATIONIST EVENT.

A DAY WITHOUT A YESTERDAY.

From an infinitely dense point with infinite mass containing infinite energy and infinite gravity sprang -- EVERYTHING.

Everything. All at once.

Don't try to tell me that's not a creationist event.

At least you're honest when you say, "Fuck if I know". Neither do I. But I don't run around in here saying that I do know. It's dimocrap scum who do that.

They're so stupid, they're still stuck in the "Steady State" theory that so flummoxed Einstein.

But he had an excuse, he didn't know about the Big Bang yet. These fucking idiots do. And yet they still run through the streets like demented banshees screaming, "There is no God!! There is no God!!" with pitchforks at the ready to skewer anyone who still believes there is a God.

Is there?

Fuck if I know.

But I'd say there's something out there we don't understand. And if I don't, I can guaran-goddamn-tee you a dumb-as-fucking-dirt-dimocrap doesn't

But why do you care about what British homeschoolers do anyways? Are you British or live in Britain?

I agree that the OP comes across as a cheap attempt to take shots at Christians and home-schooled children. I just find it hard to defend this curriculum. As I have pointed out, this isn't a British thing. In fact, they removed the Loch Ness references, while the US versions haven't yet. It's a US based program, that as of 1980 was already associated with over 3000 Christian schools in the United States.

I agree that the OP comes across as a cheap attempt to take shots at Christians and home-schooled children. I just find it hard to defend this curriculum. As I have pointed out, this isn't a British thing. In fact, they removed the Loch Ness references, while the US versions haven't yet. It's a US based program, that as of 1980 was already associated with over 3000 Christian schools in the United States.

That's my point - it's a cheap shot. It's propaganda.

If you want to analyze the curriculum holistically in an honest way - fine - but lets not fall to the level of a shameless blogger pushing a clear agenda. You can't blindly trust the information or assertions of people who are writing for the sole purpose of damaging the reputation of another group. Why? Because, no matter what they will always focus on the bad; the approach is not all-encompassing of the facts and therefore flawed...

Oh'shit,

No wonder conservatives don't believe anything coming out of real scientific societies.

What a bunch of morons.

Jake, please stop posting as Matthew

Jake and Matthew aren't the same person. At some point you would see Matthew accidentally call someone a reactionary, and Jake accidentally say something about infrastructure. Everybody slips up once.

Forum List

Back