Right Wingers and the US Constitution

Procrustes Stretched

Dante's Manifesto
Dec 1, 2008

they tend to talk about it lots and supposedly carry pocket versions, but yet they still have issues with comprehension?

I hear right wingers say so many things about our form of government and system of politics, and most of them are distorted versions of truth or outright bogus lies. Now we have more than one right winger @ usmb shouting out their ignorance for all the world to see

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/296334-harry-reid-should-be-impeached-3.html#post7308013

crazy. It's crazy that anyone takes a right winger seriously

Dante, using Right Winger as a pejorative is as sensible as Left Winger. Most of those right of center and right winger are very knowledgeable of the Constitution.

However, if you used the term 'reactionary' or the identifier 'Tea Party Movement', you will be more accurate.

You mean people like this Mouthbreather?

keep-government-out-of-medicaid1.jpg

Dante, using Right Winger as a pejorative is as sensible as Left Winger. Most of those right of center and right winger are very knowledgeable of the Constitution.

However, if you used the term 'reactionary' or the identifier 'Tea Party Movement', you will be more accurate.
Right Winger .. Left Winger?
Fringe both.

Very knowledgeable? :rofl:

Believing something to be true does not make it so. Most everyone on the right who uses the US Constitution as a shield in argument is as ignorant as the old right wingers who used patriotism as a shield.

Fringe people are reactionaries, but reading and carrying around a copy of the US Constitution in ones pocket does not guarantee reading and comprehension skills or understanding of concepts necessary for informed and intelligent conversation, let alone debate

Plenty of stupid liberals too.

who-needs-oil.jpg

Yep, both parties are full of blockheads. Anyone who voted for Michelle Bachmann on the right or Maxine Walters on the left is evidence of this.

Maxine? Maxine doesn't get broad support. She wouldn't get elected outside of her minority district. It is hilarious you see Maxine in the same league as Michele :rofl:

Who ever heard of a movement to elect Maxine POTUS?

Not really.

Plenty of stupid liberals too.

who-needs-oil.jpg

Yep, both parties are full of blockheads. Anyone who voted for Michelle Bachmann on the right or Maxine Walters on the left is evidence of this.

I'm not so sure about that. Anyone on the right that had no alternative but Bachmann is voting against what they see is a wrong policy. Anyone on the left that votes for Maxine Walters is probably very misinformed of just how clueless that lady is and is similarly voting for a policy they like or against a policy they don't like.

What really takes the cake for me are people that voted for Bachmann in the Presidential primaries. That kind of stupid is beyond Chernobyl levels.

But then again, these are the same people who think Gingrich is ethical and religious.

they tend to talk about it lots and supposedly carry pocket versions, but yet they still have issues with comprehension?

I hear right wingers say so many things about our form of government and system of politics, and most of them are distorted versions of truth or outright bogus lies. Now we have more than one right winger @ usmb shouting out their ignorance for all the world to see

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/296334-harry-reid-should-be-impeached-3.html#post7308013

Amen!!!

That's why I tend to gravitate to truthmatter's post in here.

The thing is, I was acquainted first with right-wing ideology growing up.

It just became burned into my mind that the 2nd Amendment means you can arm yourself up to the tits with pretty much anything you want.

But then I grew up and actually read the Constitution and studied it, and I learned that it's the only Amendment in the Constitution to use the words "well regulated", and the guns the framers of the Constitution were talking about were muskets. They could not have possibly been talking about semi-automatic weapons that can kill a whole classroom of kids in under 5 minutes.

I've learned that, like the bible, many right-wingers profess to know the truth about everything, but really they're just talking out of their asses.

Right Winger .. Left Winger?
Fringe both.

Very knowledgeable? :rofl:

Believing something to be true does not make it so. Most everyone on the right who uses the US Constitution as a shield in argument is as ignorant as the old right wingers who used patriotism as a shield.

Fringe people are reactionaries, but reading and carrying around a copy of the US Constitution in ones pocket does not guarantee reading and comprehension skills or understanding of concepts necessary for informed and intelligent conversation, let alone debate

Your are letting your emotion color your objectivity.

The thing is, I was acquainted first with right-wing ideology growing up.

It just became burned into my mind that the 2nd Amendment means you can arm yourself up to the tits with pretty much anything you want.

But then I grew up and actually read the Constitution and studied it, and I learned that it's the only Amendment in the Constitution to use the words "well regulated", and the guns the framers of the Constitution were talking about were muskets. They could not have possibly been talking about semi-automatic weapons that can kill a whole classroom of kids in under 5 minutes.

I've learned that, like the bible, many right-wingers profess to know the truth about everything, but really they're just talking out of their asses.

So the 2nd Amendment only covers muskets but the 1st Amendment covers TV?

Does the 4th Amendment cover electronic financial records?

:cuckoo:

Not really.

Yes, really, Sallow, for you as a lefty are not representative of the mainstream of the Democratic Party, just a radical liberal on the far edge of where bizarro starts. Look hard enough left and you will see Contumacious and bripat staring at you from the horizon.

Forum List

Back