Right Wingers and the US Constitution

they tend to talk about it lots and supposedly carry pocket versions, but yet they still have issues with comprehension?

I hear right wingers say so many things about our form of government and system of politics, and most of them are distorted versions of truth or outright bogus lies. Now we have more than one right winger @ usmb shouting out their ignorance for all the world to see

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/296334-harry-reid-should-be-impeached-3.html#post7308013

crazy. It's crazy that anyone takes a right winger seriously

The thing is, I was acquainted first with right-wing ideology growing up.

It just became burned into my mind that the 2nd Amendment means you can arm yourself up to the tits with pretty much anything you want.

But then I grew up and actually read the Constitution and studied it, and I learned that it's the only Amendment in the Constitution to use the words "well regulated", and the guns the framers of the Constitution were talking about were muskets. They could not have possibly been talking about semi-automatic weapons that can kill a whole classroom of kids in under 5 minutes.

I've learned that, like the bible, many right-wingers profess to know the truth about everything, but really they're just talking out of their asses.

So the 2nd Amendment only covers muskets but the 1st Amendment covers TV?

Does the 4th Amendment cover electronic financial records?

:cuckoo:

No.

Actually the second amendment was about establishing a citizen army that was part time. And cheap.

Didn't work out..and it's been corrupted beyond it's original intent.

Dante, using Right Winger as a pejorative is as sensible as Left Winger. Most of those right of center and right winger are very knowledgeable of the Constitution.

However, if you used the term 'reactionary' or the identifier 'Tea Party Movement', you will be more accurate.

Not really.

Yes, really, Sallow, for you as a lefty are not representative of the mainstream of the Democratic Party, just a radical liberal on the far edge of where bizarro starts. Look hard enough left and you will see Contumacious and bripat staring at you from the horizon.

:lol:

Man on man Jake..it ain't chinatown.

And even the Indians on your own reservation don't like you much.

Careful who make into an enemy.

:razz:

I am not concerned about trash reactionaries or most of the libertarians: they no longer count at the national level, and now that MB was forced out, life is getting better for the GOP.

Not too worry, Sallow, I don't think we are philosophically compatible on issues except where classical liberals can agree.

Plenty of stupid liberals too.

who-needs-oil.jpg

Electric bus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Erm.. :eusa_whistle:

what are they lubricated with? spit?

It just became burned into my mind that the 2nd Amendment means you can arm yourself up to the tits with pretty much anything you want.

But then I grew up and actually read the Constitution and studied it, and I learned that it's the only Amendment in the Constitution to use the words "well regulated", and the guns the framers of the Constitution were talking about were muskets. They could not have possibly been talking about semi-automatic weapons that can kill a whole classroom of kids in under 5 minutes.

I've learned that, like the bible, many right-wingers profess to know the truth about everything, but really they're just talking out of their asses.

No.

Actually the second amendment was about establishing a citizen army that was part time. And cheap.

And this justifies the premise that the 2nd Amendment only covers muskets how?

Not too long ago it seems I remember congressional Republicans talking about reading the constitution to the House and then promising to indicate what part of of Article one Section eight of the constitution they were using to introduce a bill.
I think part of the reading of the constitution took place as long as the cameras were turning but that part seems to have died. But what about the Republicans citing the proper clause from section eight of the constitution when introducing a bill, do they do that? That is, if they ever tried to pass a bill in the last few years.

Not too long ago it seems I remember congressional Republicans talking about reading the constitution to the House and then promising to indicate what part of of Article one Section eight of the constitution they were using to introduce a bill.
I think part of the reading of the constitution took place as long as the cameras were turning but that part seems to have died. But what about the Republicans citing the proper clause from section eight of the constitution when introducing a bill, do they do that? That is, if they ever tried to pass a bill in the last few years.

:clap2:

then their followers get caught red-handed lying about the President

KMOV?s Larry Conners: IRS Issues Began Before 2012 Interview With President Obama - TVSpy

No.

do people read what the ratifiers thought the 2nd meant? :eusa_whistle:

Dante, using Right Winger as a pejorative is as sensible as Left Winger. Most of those right of center and right winger are very knowledgeable of the Constitution.

However, if you used the term 'reactionary' or the identifier 'Tea Party Movement', you will be more accurate.
Right Winger .. Left Winger?
Fringe both.

Very knowledgeable? :rofl:

Believing something to be true does not make it so. Most everyone on the right who uses the US Constitution as a shield in argument is as ignorant as the old right wingers who used patriotism as a shield.

Fringe people are reactionaries, but reading and carrying around a copy of the US Constitution in ones pocket does not guarantee reading and comprehension skills or understanding of concepts necessary for informed and intelligent conversation, let alone debate
Your unabashed ignorance is remarkable.

Plenty of stupid liberals too.

who-needs-oil.jpg

Yep, both parties are full of blockheads. Anyone who voted for Michelle Bachmann on the right or Maxine Walters on the left is evidence of this.

Maxine? Maxine doesn't get broad support. She wouldn't get elected outside of her minority district. It is hilarious you see Maxine in the same league as Michele :rofl:

Who ever heard of a movement to elect Maxine POTUS?

OK this is where I have to stop laughing before make one of you libs look very silly.
Hey rocket scientist.....All US House districts are mandated to have as close to 700,000 population. This is done by taking the US Census figures for the population of the US and dividing by 435. This is without regard to geographic area except House districts may not cross state lines..
In cases where the population of a State is less than 1.5 million, that state is assigned ONE US House member.
Those would be AK, DE, MT,ND VT, WY and SD..
I submit that Maxine Waters would get elected in any urban district with a majority black population...Same for Charles Rangel....Rangel is a tax evading crook. And because of his race and the majority of the people in his district being black, he is a US house member for life.

they tend to talk about it lots and supposedly carry pocket versions, but yet they still have issues with comprehension?

I hear right wingers say so many things about our form of government and system of politics, and most of them are distorted versions of truth or outright bogus lies. Now we have more than one right winger @ usmb shouting out their ignorance for all the world to see

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/296334-harry-reid-should-be-impeached-3.html#post7308013

These libs are a miracle.

:eusa_silenced:Almost like Ubanzocare. The left believe they know all about it...even without reading it. Must be a some kind of power.

Two Americas. One following the Constitution. The other following the Constitution as liberals wish it were.

Forum List

Back