RIP Conrad Dobler

I've heard that in spite of his on field reputation, that he was actually a nice guy. I used to like watching him play.
He was a nice guy. Pretty smart too. Him, Bobby Parsons and Bad Dude Stearns all checked out last year. They were all good friends long ago and I'll miss them all, even though I haven't seen them for years. That's probably a mortality thing. I don't know about Dude but the other two had early onset dementia when they died. Tough game.

He was a nice guy. Pretty smart too. Him, Bobby Parsons and Bad Dude Stearns all checked out last year. They were all good friends long ago and I'll miss them all, even though I haven't seen them for years. That's probably a mortality thing. I don't know about Dude but the other two had early onset dementia when they died. Tough game.
My privelege to watch Dobler play in those days of outdoor football in Busch Stadium. Dobler, Dan Dierdorf, Tom Banks, Bob Young, Roger Finnie....allowing just 8 sacks for a very immobile Jim Hart. The Cardinals will always be my team even after having moved out West.

My privelege to watch Dobler play in those days of outdoor football in Busch Stadium. Dobler, Dan Dierdorf, Tom Banks, Bob Young, Roger Finnie....allowing just 8 sacks for a very immobile Jim Hart. The Cardinals will always be my team even after having moved out West.
I liked Larry Wilson from those old Cardinals. The announcers used to like saying he'd stick his head in a buzzsaw when describing his love of hitting.

I liked Larry Wilson from those old Cardinals. The announcers used to like saying he'd stick his head in a buzzsaw when describing his love of hitting.
Agree, also I got to meet Roger Wehrli at an event and loved talking football with him. He also liked to hit.

I had heard from a couple of my friends that played in the NFL during the same time as Conrad, that he suffered from dementia.

I also remember reading an article from around 2014 that he didn't even recall the names of his children.

It's definitely a tough way to earn a living, and many of those guys don't end up healthy or well off financially.

Forum List

Back