Roger Federer to Retire

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
He has not been very good the last several years as he has struggled with injuries and age.

Federer in his prime was the best that ever played the game. He would float around the court and glide as he crushed everything with precision, power and finesse.

He was a great human being and kind man. A great Champion that won 20 Grand Slams.

He will be greatly missed

His best tennis was from 2003 to 2009 where he was nearly invisible

Since then he has diminished every year but still won

All time great

His matches with Nadal were classics

The guy's had a stunning career.

With a net worth in excess of $500 million, I'd say it's safe for him to hang up his racket...

Roger had this uncanning blend of power and finesse .

He mastered all the shots and was a pleasure to watch

He had the all around Laver game with the Sampras power but with a far bigger forehand and was far more nimble

He has not been very good the last several years as he has struggled with injuries and age.

Federer in his prime was the best that ever played the game. He would float around the court and glide as he crushed everything with precision, power and finesse.

He was a great human being and kind man. A great Champion that won 20 Grand Slams.

He will be greatly missed
Federer in his prime was probably the most all-around skilled tennis player in history.

Sampras had the great wrist flick for his powerful first serve and massive second serve, along with a powerful one handed backhand and solid net play, but never got past the quarterfinals of the French Open.

Nadal had the ground strokes but couldn't provide the serve or net prowess that Federer could.

Djokic probably could rival an all-around claim but I don't think his net play and serve are as deadly as Roger's.

Federer had a run where he'd reach at least the semifinals of every major for years.

Federer in his prime was probably the most all-around skilled tennis player in history.

Sampras had the great wrist flick for his powerful first serve and massive second serve, along with a powerful one handed backhand and solid net play, but never got past the quarterfinals of the French Open.

Nadal had the ground strokes but couldn't provide the serve or net prowess that Federer could.

Djokic probably could rival an all-around claim but I don't think his net play and serve are as deadly as Roger's.

Federer had a run where he'd reach at least the semifinals of every major for years.
Fed the best ever in his prime

Djokovic the career best !!!!

Only Laver/ Becker had such a complete game like Fed

Sampras struggled with his return game

Djokovic is the GOAT as his defense and return game is unhuman and he as huge groundies

Fed the best ever in his prime

Djokovic the career best !!!!
I'd question Djokovic being the career GOAT... why? Because he has no top notch adversary.

Sampras had Agassi and eventually Federer.
Federer had Nadal, and Nadal had Federer
Another batch is McEnroe, Connors, Borg.. all vying.

I feel like the Joker has hit a soft spot in tennis history and rattled off a ton of majors.

Forum List

Back