Roland-Garros 2024 - The French Open

Addendum:
The first match on the main show court Thursday will feature the mixed doubles final.
The American-Brit pair of Desirae Krawczyk and Neal Skupski will face off against the German-French team of Laura Siegemund and Edouard Roger-Vasselin.

The women's semifinals will begin sometime after the conclusion of the mixed double final.

A shame the 1st match S/B the Final instead of a SF; #1 Swiatek vs #3 Gauff! The other is wide open w/ a 17 yo kid (Andreeva) & 12th seed! I'm not familiar w/ Paolini! Whoever wins early will be heavily favored in the final Sat., but you never know! Upsets do happen! :omg: :nono::meow::rolleyes::stir:

A shame the 1st match S/B the Final instead of a SF; #1 Swiatek vs #3 Gauff! The other is wide open w/ a 17 yo kid (Andreeva) & 12th seed! I'm not familiar w/ Paolini! Whoever wins early will be heavily favored in the final Sat., but you never know! Upsets do happen! :omg: :nono::meow::rolleyes::stir:
On all known form Swiatek wins comfortably .
Shame that Sabolenka was badly off colour against Andreeva but brilliant though she is , Aryna has not yet found a way to beat Swiatek .

Alcarez looks back to full match fitness and should win the mens singles . I like Zverev but even though he also back to full match fitness he is probably not going to beat the amazingly talented young Spaniard .

Women's Championship Match on Saturday
FrenchOpen2024SwiatekVPaolini.jpg

Men's Championship Match on Sunday
FrenchOpen2024ZverevAlcaraz.jpg

The favorites are Iga Swiatek and Carlos Alcaraz.
Swiatek goes for Roland-Garros title #4 (and 5th Slam title)
Alcaraz, the defending Wimbledon champ and 2022 U.S. Open champ, goes for his first Roland-Garros title.
Can Jasmine Paolini or Alexander Zverev win a Grand Slam singles title? Stay tuned!

Also of note:
Paolini is also in the women's doubles final with fellow Italian Sara Errani facing... Coco Gauff and Katerina Siniakova. They play Sunday before the men's singles final.

And speaking of Italians, the all-Italian team of Simone Bolelli and Andrea Vavassori go agasint Marcelo Arevalo (El Salvador) and Mate Pavic (Croatia) for the men's double title, which follows the women's singles final on Saturday.

Despite Jannik Sinner's loss in the semifinals, he will be the #1 ranked player when the new rankings come out on Monday, regardless of the men's singles final.

Women's Singles Champion
Iga Swiatek (Poland) 🇵🇱 * 4th Roland-Garros title in 5 years

Men's Doubles Champions
Marcelo Arevalo (El Salvador) 🇸🇻
Mate Pavic (Croatia) 🇭🇷

Boys' Singles
Kaylan Bigun (United States) 🇺🇸

Boys' Doubles
Nicolai Budkov Kjaer (Norway) 🇳🇴
Joel Schwaerzler (Austria) 🇦🇹

Girls' Singles
Tereza Valentova (Czech Republic) 🇨🇿

Girls' Doubles
Renata Jamrichova (Slovakia) 🇸🇰

Women's Singles Champion
Iga Swiatek (Poland) 🇵🇱 * 4th Roland-Garros title in 5 years

Men's Doubles Champions
Marcelo Arevalo (El Salvador) 🇸🇻
Mate Pavic (Croatia) 🇭🇷

Boys' Singles
Kaylan Bigun (United States) 🇺🇸

Boys' Doubles
Nicolai Budkov Kjaer (Norway) 🇳🇴
Joel Schwaerzler (Austria) 🇦🇹

Girls' Singles

Girls' Doubles
Renata Jamrichova (Slovakia) 🇸🇰

Amazing how saving a MP or 2 along the way vs Osaka makes winning even more satisfying! Iga's a real champ! She might break all the ladies' records for Paris! I thought Evert's 7 Chp. was safe! ;) :rolleyes: :p

It has been a very good final between Alcaraz and Zverev. Looks like we are heading towards a fifth set here.

The premiere clay court tournament is here, beginning Sunday, May 26.

14-time champ Rafael Nadal is back from injury to give it another go, but has drawn Alexander Zverev in the First Round. In another legends first-round matchup features Stan Wawrinka vs. Andy Murray.

Top Ranked Players - Men
1. Novak Djokovic
2. Jannik Sinner
3. Carlos Alcaraz
4. Alexander Zverev
5. Daniil Medvedev
6. Andrey Rublev
7. Casper Ruud
8. Hubert Hurkacz
9. Stefanos Tsitsipas
10. Grigor Dimitrov
11. Alex De Minaur
12. Taylor Fritz *
13. Holger Rune
14. Tommy Paul *
15. Ben Shelton *
16. Nicolas Jarry
17. Ugo Humbert
18. Karen Khachanov
19. Alexander Bublik
20. Sebastian Baez

* indicates American players

Other American men: Frances Tiafoe (26), Sebastian Korda (28), Christopher Eubanks (43), Marcos Giron (48), Alex Michelsen (65), Brandon Nakashima (68), Mackenzie McDonald (74), Aleksandar Kovacevic (88), J.J. Wolf (107 - LL), Nicolas Moreno De Alboran (140 - WC)

Top Ranked Players - Women
1. Iga Swiatek
2. Aryna Sabalenka
3. Coco Gauff *
4. Elena Rybakina
6. Marketa Vondrousova
7. Maria Sakkari
8. Qinwen Zheng
9. Ons Jabeur
10. Jelena Ostapenko
11. Daria Kasatkina
12. Danielle Collins *
13. Jasmine Paolini
14. Beatriz Haddad Maia
16. Madison Keys *
17. Elina Svitolina
18. Ekaterina Alexandrova
19. Liudmila Samsonova
20. Marta Kostyuk

Note: #5 Jessica Pegula * (QF in 2022) and #15 Karolina Muchova (last year's finalist) not playing

* indicates American players

Other American women: Emma Navarro (24), Sloane Stephens (35), Sofia Kenin (55), Caroline Dolehide (60), Ashlyn Krueger (65), Bernarda Pera (70), Peyton Stearns (81), Emina Bektas (98), Kayla Day (100), Katie Volynets (109 - Q), Sachia Vickery (124 - W), Amanda Anisimova (237)

Who will win it this year?
And will Alan from San Jose get his name mentioned on Radio Roland-Garros like he did last year? :cool:
Stay tuned!
🎾
I’m Greek so I want any American to win first, then

9. Stefanos Tsitsipas

Then anyone but

1 (seed) Djokovic

I’m Greek so I want any American to win first, then

9. Stefanos Tsitsipas

Then anyone but

1 (seed) Djokovic

Looks to be the beginning of the end for Novak Djokovic! He hasn't won anything this season so far & needed a quick surgery to repair his meniscus tear in his knee; reported 15 min.! Not sure he'll be ready for Wimbledon, but should make the Olympics which is heavy on his mind! It'll be back in Paris on clay! This might be the last we see of Nadal! ;) :omg::rolleyes::stir:

On all known form Swiatek wins comfortably .
Shame that Sabolenka was badly off colour against Andreeva but brilliant though she is , Aryna has not yet found a way to beat Swiatek .

Alcarez looks back to full match fitness and should win the mens singles . I like Zverev but even though he also back to full match fitness he is probably not going to beat the amazingly talented young Spaniard .
We professional gamblers get it right most of the time .
And I make most of my money from Premier Football , Boxing and Tennis .

Forecasts made befiore men's semis .Tournament profit over £7000.

Thanks for y'all's contributions

Very competitive men's final saw Carlos Alcarez claim his third slam title in a topsy-turvy five sets.

Coco Gauff gets her first double slam title
Katerina Siniakova gets her third Roland-Garros doubles title; eighth doubles slam title
Jasmine Paolini ends up with two runners-up trophies (women's singles; women's doubles)
The veteran Sara Errani misses out on her second RG title (and sixth women's double's slam title overall)

Women's Doubles Champions
Coco Gauff (United States) 🇺🇸
Katerina Siniakova (Czech Republic) 🇨🇿

Men's Singles Champion
Carlos Alcarez (Spain) 🇪🇸

Next year Warner Brothers Discovery / TNT Sports (TNT, TBS, TruTV) takes over broadcast rights on a ten-year deal. This ends the broadcast run for NBC / Peacock.

No more "over-the-air" broadcasts that you used to get with NBC affiliates on your television sets. Gotta pay to watch. T'is the times, baby.

Forum List

Back