🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Roll Tide

Well I see Alabama will pad their record again this coming weekend. Georgia State indeed....

We have already beaten 2 ranked teams and 1 team that is a quality program.

Perhaps we should have been like Ohio State and played Buffalo, San Diego State, and Cal before playing 1 ranked team?

Or maybe you prefer Oregon's power schedule of Nicholls, Virginia, Tennessee, and Cal? TN is 3-2 for the year so far. That is the best record of any opponent the Ducks have played.

And both Texas A&M and Ole Miss are overrated. Their only real test will be LSU and maybe the Iron Bowl

Last edited:
Well I see Alabama will pad their record again this coming weekend. Georgia State indeed....

Perhaps we should have been like Ohio State and played Buffalo, San Diego State, and Cal before playing 1 ranked team?

Or maybe you prefer Oregon's power schedule of Nicholls, Virginia, Tennessee, and Cal? TN is 3-2 for the year so far. That is the best record of any opponent the Ducks have played.

Cal was a top 15 team when they were scheduled. Cal is better than Tennessee which was originally penciled in for that date.

Cal is 1-3 for the year. They may have been ranked #15, but the only team they have beaten is Portland State. Funny that you call Ole Miss and Texas A&M over-rated, but defend Cal. lol That speaks volumes.

Oh, and since the schedules are written a few years out, you want to include the rankings of the teams then? Cool, VaTech was #16 in the final AP poll of 2010. So does that mean Alabama has played 3 ranked teams? Funny, Cal wasn't ranked in that poll either.

Last edited:

And both Texas A&M and Ole Miss are overrated. Their only real test will be LSU and maybe the Iron Bowl

The Iron Bowl??? Auburn has only played one ranked team so far, and they lost that game by 2 touchdowns. You might want to do a little research before you post again. lol

Oh, and while Texas A&M and ole Miss MIGHT (that is debateable) be over-rated, they are certainly tougher than Cal, Buffalo or San Diego State. And that was my point.

I believe this thread is about Alabama.

Oh, and while Texas A&M and ole Miss MIGHT (that is debateable) be over-rated, they are certainly tougher than Cal, Buffalo or San Diego State. And that was my point.

No...I'm not suggesting that Cal is better than Texas A&M nor is saying they are better than UT a compliment to Cal. But we are talking non-conference schedule...

No...I'm not suggesting that Cal is better than Texas A&M nor is saying they are better than UT a compliment to Cal. But we are talking non-conference schedule...

We opened with VaTech. They have typically been a quality team in the ACC.

I believe you WANT it to only be about Alabama. But the snide remark you made was laughable, and I showed you why.

Why yes, it is about the best team/program in the country...at the moment.
Which automatically excludes any team not in the SEC.

We opened with VaTech. They have typically been a quality team in the ACC.

That is true.

Why yes, it is about the best team/program in the country...at the moment.
Which automatically excludes any team not in the SEC.

SEC fans jumping on the Saban bandwagon? Can we get a big Roll Tide from the Auburn fans?

I believe you WANT it to only be about Alabama. But the snide remark you made was laughable, and I showed you why.

Yes playing Georgia State is laughable.

So Alabama should ONLY play quality teams? While the rest of the colleges pad their schedules? Yeah, that is fair.

The reason I replied as I did is because it is all too common for people to berate Bama for the cupcakes, but they fail to take the other top teams to task for the same thing.

So Alabama should ONLY play quality teams? While the rest of the colleges pad their schedules? Yeah, that is fair.

The reason I replied as I did is because it is all too common for people to berate Bama for the cupcakes, but they fail to take the other top teams to task for the same thing.

No team should be allow to play out of their division. There is no reason what so ever for any team no matter what the sport is to play out of their division.
Let teams with powder puff opponents replace them with other teams with powder puffs opponents no matter who they are. Be it Oregon, Stanford, LSU or Alabama. It would be more interesting to the fans and sports writers if teams like Oregon played teams like Alabama early on. But no that will not happen because teams especially in the SEC would reject playing good teams because they 'might' loss out playing in for the NC.

Teams in the PAC 12 have no problem playing teams in both the ACC and /or the Big 10 or the Big 12.

Last edited:

No team should be allow to play out of their division. There is no reason what so ever for any team no matter what the sport is to play out of their division.
Let teams with powder puff opponents replace them with other teams with powder puffs opponents no matter who they are. Be it Oregon, Stanford, LSU or Alabama. It would be more interesting to the fans and sports writers if teams like Oregon played teams like Alabama early on. But no that will not happen because teams especially in the SEC would reject playing good teams because they 'might' loss out playing in for the NC.

Teams in the PAC 12 have no problem playing teams in both the ACC and /or the Big 10 or the Big 12.

Yep, they play the powder puff teams in those conferences. Look at who Oregon has played so far. I would not call that a tough schedule at all. Other than KY & TN, most of the SEC is tougher than most of the PAC-12. KY is a low end team pretty much all the time. Vandy has been improving and been ranked in recent years. Look at what the PAC-12 includes. How many teams are in that conference that have not had a winning season in decades? How many have not been ranked in 10 or 15 years?

If you want to make a rule like you stated, that is fine. But make the rule for ALL the teams. Don't single out Alabama for doing what most elite teams have been doing for decades. It smacks of you being a hater for no reason other than Bama's recent sucess.

Oregon, Oregon St., Arizona, Arizona St, Utah, Colorado, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington have been ranked in recent years. Cal and Washington St. Are the only two that haven't been ranked in the last couple years but I could be wrong about California. The PAC-12 is probably the second best division in college football, with the SEC being the best.

But the PAC-12 is closing the gap. what is amusing is that USC has weakened and the rest of the league is improving.

Alabama is by far the best team in the country.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back