Romney For President: On the democratic ticket ????

HikerGuy83

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2021

Sorkin then proposed that the Democrats nominate former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, in an attempt to unify the US public and fend off a Trump victory.

“Nominating Mr Romney would be putting our money where our mouth is: a clear and powerful demonstration that this election isn’t about what our elections are usually about, but about stopping a deranged man from taking power,” he wrote. “Surely Mr Romney, who doesn’t have to be introduced to voters, would peel off enough Republican votes to win, probably by a lot.

“The double haters would be turned into single haters and the Nikki Haley voters would have somewhere to go, Ms Haley having disqualified herself when she endorsed the leader of an unsuccessful attempt to overthrow the government.”

Wow.......

Would that be weird or what ?

I am sure Romney would be a descent president. But if we ran on the democratic ticket, he'd never be welcomed in Utah again.

He would go down in history as Benedict Romney.

Who would be his running mate ?

Kinginger ? Maybe. That milquetoast has no principles.

Cheney ???? She's conservative.....she simply has no sense of timing or context. I don't agree with her on Jan 6th, but she always was a conservative.

Would the democrats even vote for them ?

I doubt it.

Sorkin then proposed that the Democrats nominate former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, in an attempt to unify the US public and fend off a Trump victory.

“Nominating Mr Romney would be putting our money where our mouth is: a clear and powerful demonstration that this election isn’t about what our elections are usually about, but about stopping a deranged man from taking power,” he wrote. “Surely Mr Romney, who doesn’t have to be introduced to voters, would peel off enough Republican votes to win, probably by a lot.

“The double haters would be turned into single haters and the Nikki Haley voters would have somewhere to go, Ms Haley having disqualified herself when she endorsed the leader of an unsuccessful attempt to overthrow the government.”

Wow.......

I am sure Romney would be a descent president. But if we ran on the democratic ticket, he'd never be welcomed in Utah again.

Romney may not be exactly right for the left's president, but he's certainly chosen a side.

Small and insignificant issues in America will have to be set aside and each party's overall agenda will be considered when making a choice.

Wow.......

You beat me to it. Won't happen but its a funny thought.

You have some odd dreams , OP.
Do you really hate your presumed country that much ?
They all could be starting to think that it's a fight now for good against evil.

We shouldn't really care what side they think is evil. That's just their domestic politics.

The identifying of evil has to be made by examining their foreign policy.

Wow.......

Not a bad idea, but not really a solution either. The Republican ticket consists of a self-absorbed, born with a silver spoon, piss poor businessman with multiple business bankruptcies and a self-absorbed pretend hillbilly who has alienated much of Appalachia with his self-glorifying book and movie.

Biden should withdraw, Democrats should have an open convention, Harris has no business on the ticket, not even as VP, let alone at the top of the ticket. The nominee needs to come out of, not left field, but the damn left field bleachers.

Someone that has never held political office. Not some former or current governor, or senator, or God forbid, representative. Not even a state legislator or a mayor. Not some millionaire business owner, not even a movie star or other celebrity. You can bet, the Republicans have reams of opposition research on all potential candidates that fit in those categories. That would just play into their hands.

Someone with absolutely zero name recognition. A butcher would be the best choice, a trusted profession, an honest one. And yes, I am a butcher, although in high level retail management. A McDonald's manager, a Walmart Supercenter manager, a job foreman. A real blue-collar worker with a genius level IQ, believe me, there are thousands of potential candidates. Some of the smartest people I have ever known worked the line at a restaurant. One of the highest IQ's in the world is a bike courier in New York City.

At the core of Trump's support is white, blue-collar workers that feel disenfranchised. Democrats need to realize that, and step into it. The biggest problem with politics today is that there are few people in government that actually understand what life is like for most ordinary people. They live in an ivory tower, most couldn't tell you the price of a gallon of milk if their life depended on it. Many of them don't even drive.

An example of the type of person I want to head the Democrat ticket. I saw her this morning, at the crack of dawn. It is a little old lady, for real. And I see her quite often. She is in her yellow suit, and she is picking up trash on the side of the road. She maintains miles of that road, not sure what motivates her, but I admire her so much. She exemplifies what it means to be an American. She demonstrates, on almost a daily basis, how you KEEP America great. She has more than earned my vote.

Last edited:
Not a bad idea, but not really a solution either. The Republican ticket consists of a self-absorbed, born with a silver spoon, piss poor businessman with multiple business bankruptcies and a self-absorbed pretend hillbilly who has alienated much of Appalachia with his self-glorifying book and movie.

Biden should withdraw, Democrats should have an open convention, Harris has no business on the ticket, not even as VP, let alone at the top of the ticket. The nominee needs to come out of, not left field, but the damn left field bleachers.

Someone that has never held political office. Not some former or current governor, or senator, or God forbid, representative. Not even a state legislator or a mayor. Not some millionaire business owner, not even a movie star or other celebrity. You can bet, the Republicans have reams of opposition research on all potential candidates that fit in those categories. That would just play into their hands.

Someone with absolutely zero name recognition. A butcher would be the best choice, a trusted profession, an honest one. And yes, I am a butcher, although in high level retail management. A McDonald's manager, a Walmart Supercenter manager, a job foreman. A real blue-collar worker with a genius level IQ, believe me, there are thousands of potential candidates. Some of the smartest people I have ever known worked the line at a restaurant. One of the highest IQ's in the world is a bike courier in New York City.

At the core of Trump's support is white, blue-collar workers that feel disenfranchised. Democrats need to realize that, and step into it. The biggest problem with politics today is that there are few people in government that actually understand what life is like for most ordinary people. They live in an ivory tower, most couldn't tell you the price of a gallon of milk if their life depended on it. Many of them don't even drive.

An example of the type of person I want to head the Democrat ticket. I saw here this morning, at the crack of dawn. It is a little old lady, for real. And I see her quite often. She is in her yellow suit, and she is picking up trash on the side of the road. She maintains miles of that road, not sure what motivates her, but I admire her so much. She exemplifies what it means to be an American. She demonstrates, on almost a daily basis, how you KEEP America great. She has more than earned my vote.
I think the Dems consider that they can't lose with any of the choices, including Biden.

The Dems' ace in the hole that hasn't been played yet is their prowar card. It can't be more obvious that they're still sitting back on Trump's words, even though they fear starting the obvious fight.

I think the Dems consider that they can't lose with any of the choices, including Biden.

The Dems' ace in the hole that hasn't been played yet is their prowar card. It can't be more obvious that they're still sitting back on Trump's words, even though they fear starting the obvious fight.
What do you mean they can't lose. Hell, it is already lost, wake up and smell the coffee. And it is not an election that will be lost, it is our very existence as a functioning democracy. And please, don't any rightwing nutjob display their ignorance by proclaiming we are not a democracy because we aren't a "pure democracy" the argument is stupid. Is Israel a democracy? They don't even have a constitution.

The first thing the Democratic nominee should exhibit is a willingness to restrain the power of the executive office. Second, to rein in the SCOTUS, by constitutional amendment if necessary. And the same goes for term limits for all government representatives and judicial nominees.

I am seriously considering showing up at the Democratic convention. And just now, my son texts me that Biden is out. Starting to look at hotel reservations. Presidential elections can be won and lost on the debate stage. You pit me against Trump, well, it ain't going to be pretty. I would twist him every way but sideways.

Forum List

Back