Romney met with leader of efforts to draft a third-party draft candidate

Not likely to happen due to the logistics of a third party run. Fantastic if it does though - splits the GOP vote and confuses the down ballot elections probably taking the Senate out of GOP hands. They've mismanaged the hell out of the Senate, and the entire GOP for that matter.

Well, he shouldn't do it. But if he were going to do it....

It is almost impossible to get on the ballot in all 50 states and make a serious 3rd Party run at this point. But you may be able to focus your efforts on the 11 states that matter and thwart an opponent there.

Run Cruz in Texas, Kasich in Ohio, that should do it.

I cannot see Mitt Romney doing any sort of thing. FIrst of all, who would vote for him unless he has a clear shot of winning? May as well not vote. It would be almost impossible to get on the ballot in 50 states if you started today. Other parties would not want you.

But I don't see Mr. Romney wanting to play the obvious spoiler. Surely even someone who was so delusional that he didn't prepare a concession speech in 2012 is able to see he has no path to the Presidency.
Mitty is a progressive...

A little late for all this, isn't it?

Maybe the party leaders have been been living in denial (such are partisans), but if they were going to do something like this they should have done it at least a couple of months ago.

I cannot see Mitt Romney doing any sort of thing. FIrst of all, who would vote for him unless he has a clear shot of winning? May as well not vote. It would be almost impossible to get on the ballot in 50 states if you started today. Other parties would not want you.

But I don't see Mr. Romney wanting to play the obvious spoiler. Surely even someone who was so delusional that he didn't prepare a concession speech in 2012 is able to see he has no path to the Presidency.

It would be disastrous for the party and the country. I wouldn't mind third party people if it were equal, sort of Mitt and Bloomberg running at the same time.

A vote for anything but Trump is a vote for Hillary. Even if you don't vote on election night, it's still a vote for Hillary if you were otherwise going to vote for a Republican.
I will never vote for Trump no matter what, so me voting for a third-party candidate would not help Hillary one bit. If there is no third-party candidate to vote for that meets my conservative standards, I will not vote for any candidate. I will vote for Republicans in all the other races, however.

Well...... then you are voting for Hillary whether you like it or not. It may make you feel better about yourself, but it only gives the presidency to her. You end up with the same outcome whether you write in Cruz or just stay home. It doesn't make a difference.

Forum List

Back