Romney's Bain Lie

You mean our government is being smart and buying cars from a place that it can get really good deals? Gee. FUCK THEM FOR TRYING TO SAVE US SOME MONEY! OR would you prefer the government buys its cars (that it has an actual need for) from Mercedes? BMW? Ford?

What a dumb drunk you are.

drunkolman.jpg

How about buying American cars from American workers? Damn idiot.

uh. What?

I suppose you want me to pay for your hearing aid, too.

I think people need to understand there is a difference between Bain & Co and Bain Capital...this has apparently been the cause of much the confusion...

Founding and early history

Bain Capital was founded in 1984 by Bain & Company partners Mitt Romney, T. Coleman Andrews III, and Eric Kriss. In 1983, Bill Bain offered Romney the chance to head a new venture that would invest in companies and apply Bain's consulting techniques to improve operations.[6]

While Bain Capital was founded by Bain executives, the firm was not an affiliate or a division of Bain & Company but rather a completely separate company.

Initially, the two firms shared the same offices and a similar approach to improving business operations. However, the two firms had put in place certain protections to avoid sharing information between the two companies and the Bain & Company executives had the ability to veto investments that posed potential conflicts of interest.[12] Bain Capital also provided an investment opportunity for partners of Bain & Company. Bain Capital's original $37 million fund was raised entirely from private individuals in mid-1984.[11] The firm initially gave a cut of its profits to Bain & Company, but Romney later persuaded Bain to give that up.[13]

Bain Capital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think most people understand a lie when they hear it also. :eusa_whistle:

Even if a person starts with the premise that all politicians lie to one degree or another, the shear number of 180 degree shifts of Romney's so-called sincerely held philosophical beliefs and his policy support flip flops is mind-numbing in their scope.

When you add to that the fact that even conservatives don't really trust his pronouncement that he's an "severe conservative," Romney simply can't afford a contradiction to his claim that he left Bain in 1999 if it's later shown that he was actually still in charge and that report is all but etched in stone with a paper trail that contradicts what he's on record as saying.

Hey, it's one thing to flip flop on the issues. It's quite another think entirely to make claims that are later shown to be patently untrue. After all, would could Romney's argument be at this point? Is he going to argue that he was somehow still legally responsible for Bain, but he didn't know it? Does he actually expect people to believe that he was a GREAT businessman if that's the case? And why should anyone respect or trust him when it comes to negotiating with America's adversaries if he's so foolish in his own business dealings?

But, of course, conservatives will defend him...while holding their noses and cursing him under their breath.

Last edited:
:lol:

Responding to questions about the SEC filings, a Romney campaign official said the agency's "regulations are complicated and do not square with common sense in this case."

TRENDING: Romney team disputes report he misled on Bain departure date – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

If you found the SEC regulations so complicated, how can we ever expect you to succeed at running a country, Mitten?
No, dear. What they are saying is that the SEC form is complicated and prone to misinterpretation by others.

And, they are right. Your thread is proof.

Responding to questions about the SEC filings, a Romney campaign official said the agency's "regulations are complicated and do not square with common sense in this case."

TRENDING: Romney team disputes report he misled on Bain departure date – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

If you found the SEC regulations so complicated, how can we ever expect you to succeed at running a country, Mitten?

Oh my God. Comparing Obama's administrative skills to Romney's is hilarious. You're a damn idiot. No offense.

Last edited:

Oh please, Mitt filed the truth with the SEC...And you forgot the rest of that statement:

But SEC regulations are complicated and quirky, the official argued, and Romney’s signature on some documents after his exit does not indicate active involvement in the firm.

A spokesman for the SEC said the commission could not comment on individual company filings or address the meaning of Romney’s name and title on the documents.

But of course that ^ doesn't stop shmucks with an agenda from making implications anyway:

Karmel, the former SEC commissioner, said the contradictory statements could have legal implications in some instances.

obama's attacks on Romney are having an effect.

Romney is successful and success is bad.
Romney is rich and rich is bad.
Romney has money in bank accounts and that's bad.

obama's donors are saying "Hey, I'm successful, rich and have money in bank accounts, does this mean I'm bad? And, if you think I'm bad, why should I give you any money?"

obama donations are down. Romney's are up mostly because he doesn't think that being successful, rich and have money in bank accounts is bad.

LOL@ Katz thinking Obama's donations are down.

All Mittens has to do is release the notes from the meetings at Bain. Just like all he has to do is release his tax returns.

Gee...I wonder why he's not doing those things?

Oh my God. Comparing Obama's administrative skills to Romney's is hilarious. You're a damn idiot. No offense.

There are a lot of clever money movers in the world. Some of them are in prison. Perhaps you would prefer that Bernie Madoff was exonerated so he could run for prez. I mean HE was a master at making money for himself.. Better than Mittens.

Even if a person starts with the premise that all politicians lie to one degree or another, the shear number of 180 degree shifts of Romney's so-called sincerely held philosophical beliefs and his policy support flip flops is mind-numbing in their scope.

When you add to that the fact that even conservatives don't really trust his pronouncement that he's an "severe conservative," Romney simply can't afford a contradiction to his claim that he left Bain in 1999 if it's later shown that he was actually still in charge and that report is all but etched in stone with a paper trail that contradicts what he's on record as saying.

Hey, it's one thing to flip flop on the issues. It's quite another think entirely to make claims that are later shown to be patently untrue. After all, would could Romney's argument be at this point? Is he going to argue that he was somehow still legally responsible for Bain, but he didn't know it? Does he actually expect people to believe that he was a GREAT businessman if that's the case? And why should anyone respect or trust him when it comes to negotiating with America's adversaries if he's so foolish in his own business dealings?

But, of course, conservatives will defend him...while holding their noses and cursing him under their breath.
So far it seems his excuse is going to be that even though he was the sole owner, sole shareholder, CEO and president he was somehow NOT RESPONSIBLE for anything the company did.

I guess I'll stop paying my suppliers right now because I don't bear any responsibility for my own actions as owner. I was at the movies, I SWEAR! LMAO

All Mittens has to do is release the notes from the meetings at Bain. Just like all he has to do is release his tax returns.

How about releasing them when Obama releases his college papers and grades.

Oh please, Mitt filed the truth with the SEC...And you forgot the rest of that statement:

But SEC regulations are complicated and quirky, the official argued, and Romney’s signature on some documents after his exit does not indicate active involvement in the firm.

A spokesman for the SEC said the commission could not comment on individual company filings or address the meaning of Romney’s name and title on the documents.

But of course that ^ doesn't stop shmucks with an agenda from making implications anyway:

Karmel, the former SEC commissioner, said the contradictory statements could have legal implications in some instances.
Romney didn't sign those papers, his trained monkey did. :lmao:

All Obama has to do is release his transcripts to prove he is an "intellectual" and a "constitutional scholar". His performance indicates neither, so at least there is a reason to see his shit.

So far it seems his excuse is going to be that even though he was the sole owner, sole shareholder, CEO and president he was somehow NOT RESPONSIBLE for anything the company did.

I guess I'll stop paying my suppliers right now because I don't bear any responsibility for my own actions as owner. I was at the movies, I SWEAR! LMAO

Do you buy your dildos from Thailand?

Nah, I get them from the Bible Belt.

Link...? :razz:

So the SEC lied by saying his signature is there?

So, I'm still asking: Where is Romney's lie. I still don't have an answer.

Hmmm, maybe because there isn't one?

Nah, I get them from the Bible Belt.

Lame. You're not too sharp. Better step it up a notch.

Forum List

Back