🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rosie O’Donnell headed to jail!?

• Banned
Somehow, I doubt it will happen, much as she deserves it.

[Revealed] Rosie O’Donnell headed to jail!?

By the letter of the law she should probably at least be interviewed by the DOJ to see how serious she was.
In this case, it doesn't matter if she was serious or not. She publicly tried to bribe public officials. This is not a joking matter. Think of it as yelling fire in a movie theater. It's no joke. Same principle. She committed it to print. She needs to be prosecuted.

By the letter of the law she should probably at least be interviewed by the DOJ to see how serious she was.
In this case, it doesn't matter if she was serious or not. She publicly tried to bribe public officials. This is not a joking matter. Think of it as yelling fire in a movie theater. It's no joke. Same principle. She committed it to print. She needs to be prosecuted.

The issue is has this ever been tried over a tweet. Offering in person may be seen as different based on existing laws.

As punishment, she'll be placed in the same wing as half the Trump administration.

The letter of the law does not apply to liberal elites. Duh!

Not saying they shouldn't try because she's famous, just wondering if the law extends to social media based on existing law or not.

Worst thing to happen is the DOJ tries to prosecute and ends up looking like idiots and making Rosie a martyr.

• Banned

The issue is has this ever been tried over a tweet. Offering in person may be seen as different based on existing laws.
I believe the issue is what she actually did. Intentions do not matter.

I believe the issue is what she actually did. Intentions do not matter.

What matters is if the law specifically covers a social media post vs. making the offer in public or through another form of communication, i.e phone, mail or email.

Headed to jail? Sadly, NO. POSes like her are usually protected from jail because they speak out publicly doing / saying what other libs do not have the courage to do or say. She just earned a 'badge of honor' among liberals and rightful condemnation from everyone else. That's about as far as it will go.

Does anyone think she would not have followed through with her offer had it been accepted? She tried to bribe public officials in front of the world. Her defense will be ignorance of the law.

What matters is if the law specifically covers a social media post vs. making the offer in public or through another form of communication, i.e phone, mail or email.

I believe there is precedent in case law. People are convicted on the basis of social media posts all the time. It is no different than phone, mail or email, and I believe it is covered in statute as of the early 90s, as such.

Her "defense" would be that she was being "satirical" and that is what she does as an entertainer. I doubt she would ever be actually sentenced to jail over this.... still, would be nice to watch her go through a trial and sweat it out.

I believe there is precedent in case law. People are convicted on the basis of social media posts all the time. It is no different than phone, mail or email, and I believe it is covered in statute as of the early 90s, as such.

Her "defense" would be that she was being "satirical" and that is what she does as an entertainer. I doubt she would ever be actually sentenced to jail over this.... still, would be nice to watch her go through a trial and sweat it out.

It would be interesting, but again I don't want them to pull the trigger unless they think they have a chance at a conviction.

I really, really, really wish more than anything that Rosie O'Damnable, blubbery obese "island unto herself" would go to prison for this. But I realistically know she won't for the same reason the Poltergeist-clown-doll-looking Kathy Griffin didn't go to prison for her overt death threat: so many government agencies, especially federal, are still filled with Obama appointee, American-hating slime of muslim after muslim after muslim after muslim (why do you think the Bergdahl traitor got off scot-free), a great deal of the gov.'t have been going out of their way to cockblock President Trump every step of the way. So Trump's job is nearly a 90 degree uphill climb regardless of his intentions.

Forum List

Back