🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rowan County,Ky Clerk of court refuses to listen to tyranny

She need to publicly convert to Islam. That oughtta do it.
Is that the Kentucky religion where a clerk can issue a license for Daisy Mae's marriage to her sixth husband but not to Bruce's marriage to his first husband?
Since Bruce and his husband can't conceive but Daisy Mae and her several husbands can, I think you're correct.

I would be curious to know which bible verse says you can divorce and remarry as many times as you wish if you can conceive.

Jesus only allows for one marriage, unless widowed. No divorces. There is no exemption for "ability to conceive". In fact, God and Jesus very reluctantly agreed to a divorce exemption for adultery.

So the halo-polishing, bible-compliant clerk should not be granting licenses to second, third, fourth, fifth, and beyond, marriages.

Unless the clerk is actually just another greasy, sanctimonious, hypocritical bigot.

Does the Quran have a fertility exemption?

Last edited:
She need to publicly convert to Islam. That oughtta do it.
Is that the Kentucky religion where a clerk can issue a license for Daisy Mae's marriage to her sixth husband but not to Bruce's marriage to his first husband?
Since Bruce and his husband can't conceive but Daisy Mae and her several husbands can, I think you're correct.

I would be curious to know which bible verse says you can divorce and remarry as many times as you wish if you can conceive.

Jesus only allows for one marriage, unless widowed. No divorces. There is no exemption for "ability to conceive". In fact, God and Jesus very reluctantly agreed to a divorce exemption for adultery.

So the halo-polishing, bible-compliant clerk should not be granting licenses to second, third, fourth, fifth, and beyond, marriages.

Unless the clerk is actually just another greasy, sanctimonious, hypocritical bigot.

Does the Quran have a fertility exemption?
My anti-homofascism argument has nothing to do with religion. That's where the homofascists want to take it.
My argument is about nature, procreation and protecting children and individual liberty. Forcing irrelevant personal behavior onto others violates liberty.

Granny says, "Next thing ya know dey gonna throw her to the lions...

Rand Paul on Clerk's Arrest: 'Absurd to Put Someone in Jail for Exercising Religious Liberty'
September 3, 2015 -- In reaction to the arrest and imprisonment today of county clerk Kim Davis because she refused to grant marriage licenses to homosexual couples, Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said it was "absurd to put someone in jail for exercising their religious liberty." He added that the heavy-handed "bully force" step by the state in this case was "a huge mitake" and would set the "movement back" for those trying "to redefine marriage."
Kim Davis is a clerk for the state of Kentucky in Rowan County. She has steadfastly refused to grant marriage licenses to homosexual couples because of her Christian beliefs. Federal District Court Judge David L. Bunning rejected Davis's appeal to her religious faith, saying it was "simply not a viable defense." Davis was arrested and imprisoned today, Sept. 3.

Asked by CNN's Brianna Keilar for his reaction to Davis's incarceration, Sen. Paul said, “I think it’s absurd to put someone in jail for exercising their religious liberty. If you want to convince people that same-sex marriage is something that’s acceptable, I would say try to persuade people." "But if we’re going to use the federal government and we’re going to get involved in every state locality, you know what’s going to happen?" he said. "It’s going to harden people’s resolve on this issue. They’ll be no open-mindedness on this." "I think it’s a real mistake to be doing this," said Sen. Paul. "I think what’s going to happen as a result of this is states and localities are just going to opt-out of the marriage business completely." "This is really the problem when from on high, from the federal level, we decide to get involved in a situation that has always, throughout our history, been a local issue," said the senator.

CNN's Keilar then said, “What do you think about Carly Fiorina’s take on this? She’s said, like you, that she respects Miss Davis’s beliefs, her religious beliefs, but she also says she’s a government employee and she should be executing the will of the government, and if she doesn’t want to do that then she should get a new job." Senator Paul said, “Well, you know, I think one thing we haven’t debated enough is what actually is the law. Is the law that every county clerk in Kentucky has to sign a marriage certificate? Is a notary of the public, is that sufficient? Is the clerk’s job to execute and to file contracts, or is it to sign their approval?" "I think there’s a lot of different ways around this that don’t lead to conflict, that lead to more time where people can try to persuade others of their opinion of what marriage should be," he said. "But I think this is a real mistake and even those on the other side of the issue, those who want to support a new definition for marriage, I think it sets their movement back," said Paul, "because it’s seen as the federal government is going to come in with bully force, here even with police power, and incarcerate people who disagree or who still believe in the traditional notion of marriage." "I think it’s a huge mistake and a step back even for those who do want to redefine marriage," he said.

Also commenting on the case today, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said Davis's arrest and imprisonment "removes all doubt of the criminalization of Christianity in our country."

Rand Paul on Clerk's Arrest: 'Absurd to Put Someone in Jail for Exercising Religious Liberty'

See also:

Cruz on Kentucky Clerk: 'What Happened Today Is an Outrage'; 'That Is Not America'
September 4, 2015 | "What happened today is an outrage," Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) told Fox News's Megyn Kelly Thursday night.
He was talking about Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis, who spent the night in a Kentucky jail for refusing a federal judge's order to issue marriage licenses to homosexuals. "God's moral law conflicts with my job duties," she told the judge in court on Thursday. "For the first time we're seeing a Christian woman thrown in jail for standing up for her faith," Cruz said. "I'll tell you. I stand with Kim Davis, unequivocally. I stand with her and anyone else that the government is trying to persecute for standing up for their faith. This is fundamentally wrong and it's inconsistent with the First Amendment of the Constitution. "We are a nation that was formed by people fleeing religious oppression and coming to seek a land where we could worship free of the government getting in the way. And it is stunning what is happening here."

U.S. District Judge David Bunning offered to release Davis if she promised not to interfere with her employees issuing licenses, but Davis refused. Five of her six employees told the judge they would comply with his order when their office opens for business on Friday. Cruz said the new standard is "that Christians can't hold public office, or if they do, they must be willing to violate their faith or go to jail. "That is not America," he said. "That is not how this country works." As for all the people insisting that Davis follow the law, "Where have those voices been?" Cruz asked. He said they didn't call for the San Francisco mayor to resign when he declared San Francisco a sanctuary city, in defiance of federal immigration law; and they didn't demand that President Obama resign when he defied immigration reform with executive amnesty, or even his own Obamacare law. "When the mayor of San Francisco and President Obama resign, then we can talk about Kim Davis," Cruz said.

A White House spokesman on Thursday told reporters, in connection with the Davis case, that "no public official is above the law." As CNSNews.com reported earlier, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee noted that Kim Davis is indeed following Kentucky law, "which by constitutional amendment defines marriage as a man and a woman." He said it's up to the Kentucky Legislature to "change the laws of Kentucky," giving the Supreme Court interpretation "enabling legislation." According to the Associated Press, Davis told the court on Thursday she hopes the Kentucky Legislature will change state laws in a way that allows her to keep her job while following her conscience. But Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear again refused to call a special session of the legislature on Thursday. State lawmakers will not meet until January. Bunning indicated Kim Davis would remain in jail at least a week, saying he would revisit his decision after the deputy clerks have had time to comply with his order.

Cruz noted that in Kentucky, people can go to any other county to get married. "But beyond that, listen, this decision from the Supreme Court on marriage was fundamentally illegitimate...This is not connected to the Constitution," he said. Cruz noted that Justice Antonin Scalia, in his dissent, predicted that something like this would happen: "He predicted this marriage decision was so lawless, was so much judicial activism, that state and local officials could be expected to defy it. That's what Justice Scalia said. "Now, all of the commentators are saying, they're shocked that she's doing exactly what Justice Scalia said. It's not the job, as Justice Scalia, said of five unelected lawyers to be the rulers of 320 million Americans and to claim illegitimately the authority to strike down the marriage laws all of 50 states. That is lawless."

Cruz on Kentucky Clerk: 'What Happened Today Is an Outrage'; 'That Is Not America'

Granny says, "Next thing ya know dey gonna throw her to the lions...

September 3, 2015 -- In reaction to the arrest and imprisonment today of county clerk Kim Davis because she refused to grant marriage licenses to homosexual couples, Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said it was "absurd to put someone in jail for exercising their religious liberty." He added that the heavy-handed "bully force" step by the state in this case was "a huge mitake" and would set the "movement back" for those trying "to redefine marriage."
Kim Davis is a clerk for the state of Kentucky in Rowan County. She has steadfastly refused to grant marriage licenses to homosexual couples because of her Christian beliefs. Federal District Court Judge David L. Bunning rejected Davis's appeal to her religious faith, saying it was "simply not a viable defense." Davis was arrested and imprisoned today, Sept. 3.

Asked by CNN's Brianna Keilar for his reaction to Davis's incarceration, Sen. Paul said, “I think it’s absurd to put someone in jail for exercising their religious liberty. If you want to convince people that same-sex marriage is something that’s acceptable, I would say try to persuade people." "But if we’re going to use the federal government and we’re going to get involved in every state locality, you know what’s going to happen?" he said. "It’s going to harden people’s resolve on this issue. They’ll be no open-mindedness on this." "I think it’s a real mistake to be doing this," said Sen. Paul. "I think what’s going to happen as a result of this is states and localities are just going to opt-out of the marriage business completely." "This is really the problem when from on high, from the federal level, we decide to get involved in a situation that has always, throughout our history, been a local issue," said the senator.

CNN's Keilar then said, “What do you think about Carly Fiorina’s take on this? She’s said, like you, that she respects Miss Davis’s beliefs, her religious beliefs, but she also says she’s a government employee and she should be executing the will of the government, and if she doesn’t want to do that then she should get a new job." Senator Paul said, “Well, you know, I think one thing we haven’t debated enough is what actually is the law. Is the law that every county clerk in Kentucky has to sign a marriage certificate? Is a notary of the public, is that sufficient? Is the clerk’s job to execute and to file contracts, or is it to sign their approval?" "I think there’s a lot of different ways around this that don’t lead to conflict, that lead to more time where people can try to persuade others of their opinion of what marriage should be," he said. "But I think this is a real mistake and even those on the other side of the issue, those who want to support a new definition for marriage, I think it sets their movement back," said Paul, "because it’s seen as the federal government is going to come in with bully force, here even with police power, and incarcerate people who disagree or who still believe in the traditional notion of marriage." "I think it’s a huge mistake and a step back even for those who do want to redefine marriage," he said.

Also commenting on the case today, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said Davis's arrest and imprisonment "removes all doubt of the criminalization of Christianity in our country."

See also:

September 4, 2015 | "What happened today is an outrage," Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) told Fox News's Megyn Kelly Thursday night.
He was talking about Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis, who spent the night in a Kentucky jail for refusing a federal judge's order to issue marriage licenses to homosexuals. "God's moral law conflicts with my job duties," she told the judge in court on Thursday. "For the first time we're seeing a Christian woman thrown in jail for standing up for her faith," Cruz said. "I'll tell you. I stand with Kim Davis, unequivocally. I stand with her and anyone else that the government is trying to persecute for standing up for their faith. This is fundamentally wrong and it's inconsistent with the First Amendment of the Constitution. "We are a nation that was formed by people fleeing religious oppression and coming to seek a land where we could worship free of the government getting in the way. And it is stunning what is happening here."

U.S. District Judge David Bunning offered to release Davis if she promised not to interfere with her employees issuing licenses, but Davis refused. Five of her six employees told the judge they would comply with his order when their office opens for business on Friday. Cruz said the new standard is "that Christians can't hold public office, or if they do, they must be willing to violate their faith or go to jail. "That is not America," he said. "That is not how this country works." As for all the people insisting that Davis follow the law, "Where have those voices been?" Cruz asked. He said they didn't call for the San Francisco mayor to resign when he declared San Francisco a sanctuary city, in defiance of federal immigration law; and they didn't demand that President Obama resign when he defied immigration reform with executive amnesty, or even his own Obamacare law. "When the mayor of San Francisco and President Obama resign, then we can talk about Kim Davis," Cruz said.

A White House spokesman on Thursday told reporters, in connection with the Davis case, that "no public official is above the law." As CNSNews.com reported earlier, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee noted that Kim Davis is indeed following Kentucky law, "which by constitutional amendment defines marriage as a man and a woman." He said it's up to the Kentucky Legislature to "change the laws of Kentucky," giving the Supreme Court interpretation "enabling legislation." According to the Associated Press, Davis told the court on Thursday she hopes the Kentucky Legislature will change state laws in a way that allows her to keep her job while following her conscience. But Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear again refused to call a special session of the legislature on Thursday. State lawmakers will not meet until January. Bunning indicated Kim Davis would remain in jail at least a week, saying he would revisit his decision after the deputy clerks have had time to comply with his order.

Cruz noted that in Kentucky, people can go to any other county to get married. "But beyond that, listen, this decision from the Supreme Court on marriage was fundamentally illegitimate...This is not connected to the Constitution," he said. Cruz noted that Justice Antonin Scalia, in his dissent, predicted that something like this would happen: "He predicted this marriage decision was so lawless, was so much judicial activism, that state and local officials could be expected to defy it. That's what Justice Scalia said. "Now, all of the commentators are saying, they're shocked that she's doing exactly what Justice Scalia said. It's not the job, as Justice Scalia, said of five unelected lawyers to be the rulers of 320 million Americans and to claim illegitimately the authority to strike down the marriage laws all of 50 states. That is lawless."

So a Muslim MVA worker could deny drivers licences to women? I think the only relevant religious aspect in this incident is that the homo marriage law was established/changed/created by the Supreme Court after she had been elected clerk.

How come he ain't in jail for contempt of court too??...

Oregon judge refuses to perform same-sex marriages
September 7, 2015 | — Marion County Judge Vance Day is being investigated by a judicial fitness commission in part over his refusal to perform same-sex marriages on religious grounds, a spokesman for the judge said Friday.
When a federal court ruling in May 2014 made same-sex marriage legal in Oregon, Day instructed his staff to refer same-sex couples looking to marry to other judges, spokesman Patrick Korten said. Last fall, he decided to stop performing weddings altogether, aside from one in March that had long been scheduled, Korten said. "He made a decision nearly a year ago to stop doing weddings altogether, and the principal factor that he weighed was the pressure that one would face to perform a same-sex wedding, which he had a conflict with his religious beliefs," Korten said. In an email, Day declined to comment and referred questions to Korten.

The issue of same-sex weddings is "the weightiest" of several allegations against Day that are being investigated by the Commission on Judicial Fitness and Disability, Korten said. He declined to detail any of the allegations, saying he didn't want to defy the commission, which considers complaints confidential until it is ready to make them public. The investigation of Day's conduct comes amid heightened national attention to the responsibilities of public officials who oppose same-sex marriage. Kim Davis, a county clerk in Kentucky, went to jail Thursday because of her refusal to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

28beefc912bc464582a81562f73e83a2.jpg

Marion County Circuit Judge Vance Day presides over his courtroom in Salem, Ore. Day, a former chairman of the Oregon Republican Party, is facing an ethics investigation after asking his clerks to refer couples seeking same-sex marriages to other county judges due to his religious beliefs. Day joined the bench in 2011 and has not performed any same-sex marriages. He stopped doing marriages of any kind this past spring. Marion County judges are not required to perform marriages.

Last month, the Ohio Supreme Court's Board of Professional Conduct said judges can't refuse to marry same-sex couples on personal, moral or religious grounds. Judges who stop performing all marriages to avoid marrying same-sex couples may be interpreted as biased and could be disqualified from any case where sexual orientation is an issue, the Ohio board ruled.

The investigation of Day came to light Thursday when the Oregon Government Ethics Commission — a separate entity from the judicial fitness commission — approved the judge's request to create a legal defense fund to pay his lawyers. Day, a former chairman of the Oregon Republican Party, was appointed to the bench in 2011 by then-Gov. John Kitzhaber, a Democrat. Day's move concerned Jeana Frazzini, co-director of the gay-rights group Basic Rights Oregon. "Taking that kind of a step really calls into question how an LGBTQ person could expect to be treated in a court of law," Frazzini said. "It goes beyond marriage and gets to serious questions about judicial integrity."

How come he ain't in jail for contempt of court too??...

September 7, 2015 | — Marion County Judge Vance Day is being investigated by a judicial fitness commission in part over his refusal to perform same-sex marriages on religious grounds, a spokesman for the judge said Friday.
When a federal court ruling in May 2014 made same-sex marriage legal in Oregon, Day instructed his staff to refer same-sex couples looking to marry to other judges, spokesman Patrick Korten said. Last fall, he decided to stop performing weddings altogether, aside from one in March that had long been scheduled, Korten said. "He made a decision nearly a year ago to stop doing weddings altogether, and the principal factor that he weighed was the pressure that one would face to perform a same-sex wedding, which he had a conflict with his religious beliefs," Korten said. In an email, Day declined to comment and referred questions to Korten.

The issue of same-sex weddings is "the weightiest" of several allegations against Day that are being investigated by the Commission on Judicial Fitness and Disability, Korten said. He declined to detail any of the allegations, saying he didn't want to defy the commission, which considers complaints confidential until it is ready to make them public. The investigation of Day's conduct comes amid heightened national attention to the responsibilities of public officials who oppose same-sex marriage. Kim Davis, a county clerk in Kentucky, went to jail Thursday because of her refusal to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

28beefc912bc464582a81562f73e83a2.jpg

Marion County Circuit Judge Vance Day presides over his courtroom in Salem, Ore. Day, a former chairman of the Oregon Republican Party, is facing an ethics investigation after asking his clerks to refer couples seeking same-sex marriages to other county judges due to his religious beliefs. Day joined the bench in 2011 and has not performed any same-sex marriages. He stopped doing marriages of any kind this past spring. Marion County judges are not required to perform marriages.

Last month, the Ohio Supreme Court's Board of Professional Conduct said judges can't refuse to marry same-sex couples on personal, moral or religious grounds. Judges who stop performing all marriages to avoid marrying same-sex couples may be interpreted as biased and could be disqualified from any case where sexual orientation is an issue, the Ohio board ruled.

The investigation of Day came to light Thursday when the Oregon Government Ethics Commission — a separate entity from the judicial fitness commission — approved the judge's request to create a legal defense fund to pay his lawyers. Day, a former chairman of the Oregon Republican Party, was appointed to the bench in 2011 by then-Gov. John Kitzhaber, a Democrat. Day's move concerned Jeana Frazzini, co-director of the gay-rights group Basic Rights Oregon. "Taking that kind of a step really calls into question how an LGBTQ person could expect to be treated in a court of law," Frazzini said. "It goes beyond marriage and gets to serious questions about judicial integrity."

1. He is under no court order to perform Civil Marriages, not court order no contempt for not doing what a court hasn't said he must do.

2. Judges performing marriage is Oregon is a voluntary action not a primary requirement of the job and other can perform the action within the county (such as a County Clerk, another Judge, or a Justice of the peace. Unlike Kim Davis who (a) is required to issued marriage licenses, and (b) is the only government agent in Rowan County to issue marriage licenses and had also ordered he Deputy Clerks.

Glad to assist you in understanding the difference.

>>>>

Forum List

Back