🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rowan County,Ky Clerk of court refuses to listen to tyranny

Lol she has stopped giving licenses to all couples, whether they be gay or straight. I can't wait until she gets canned.
Yep she is doing the right thing. They can go elsewhere or the tyrant in the robe can declare her absent and have someone else issue the license so she doesn't have to put her signature on them.
Yeah tomorrow I'll ask my boss if he can just declare me absent so I don't have to do my job. :rofl:

You're hilarious!
You're a Leftist, you don't have a job.
And you're a moron, you don't have a brain.
That would make him a liberal like you.

Lol she has stopped giving licenses to all couples, whether they be gay or straight. I can't wait until she gets canned.
Yep she is doing the right thing. They can go elsewhere or the tyrant in the robe can declare her absent and have someone else issue the license so she doesn't have to put her signature on them.
Yeah tomorrow I'll ask my boss if he can just declare me absent so I don't have to do my job. :rofl:

You're hilarious!
You're a Leftist, you don't have a job.
Let me guess, you consider killing neighbor's cats as a "job".

Rowan County Clerk s Office Defies Federal Judge s Order - LEX18.com Continuous News and StormTracker Weather

GOOD JOB KIM! Very proud of you. To hell with the judicial tyranny and activist judges. You do what's right and stand by your beliefs! This judge had a very easy out and refused to do so. He wants to FORCE her to go against her religious beliefs which is against 1st amendment. He could EASILY have declared her absent and let someone else do this.

Actually its the 1st amendment that forbids her actions. As it forbids the establishment of religion. She's a government representative. And she's using her office to impose her religious views on others.

That's establishing religion. Which the constitution explicitly forbids. If her religion forbids her from doing her job, she can get another job.

How did this sort of thing work out for the bigots in the past?
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
John F. Kennedy, In a speech at the White House, 1962

Rowan County Clerk s Office Defies Federal Judge s Order - LEX18.com Continuous News and StormTracker Weather

GOOD JOB KIM! Very proud of you. To hell with the judicial tyranny and activist judges. You do what's right and stand by your beliefs! This judge had a very easy out and refused to do so. He wants to FORCE her to go against her religious beliefs which is against 1st amendment. He could EASILY have declared her absent and let someone else do this.

Actually its the 1st amendment that forbids her actions. As it forbids the establishment of religion. She's a government representative. And she's using her office to impose her religious views on others.

That's establishing religion. Which the constitution explicitly forbids. If her religion forbids her from doing her job, she can get another job.
Actually she isn't. She is merely saying HER religion forbids her from doing this. Simple. So the tyrannical fuck in the robe can declare her absent and have someone else sign the papers for the faggots.

There is no reason she cannot deputize someone to sign such certificates that she does not want to sign.

The letter of the law is met, and her conscience is clear.

Your argument is fatally flawed. Conscience doesn't necessarily arise from religion. Even some atheists don't believe SSM is right. Charles Darwin was one of them. You ASSume what you have no right to.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

Actually she isn't. She is merely saying HER religion forbids her from doing this

...while wielding government power as a representative of the government. She's using the government to impose her religious views on unwilling people.

That's establishing religion. And an explcit 1st amendment violation.

Your argument is fatally flawed.

Says you. On the other hand, every court to hear the issue has ruled against her. Even the republican governor has ruled against her.

Clearly there's something about her argument that you're missing.

Conscience doesn't necessarily arise from religion. Even some atheists don't believe SSM is right. Charles Darwin was one of them. You ASSume what you have no right to.

So you're saying that her Christian beliefs aren't her motivation? Because Kim Davis says otherwise:

Kim Davis has argued that her deeply held Christian beliefs prevent her from issuing licenses to same-sex couples. After the U.S. Supreme Court ruled gay marriage bans unconstitutional, Davis stopped issuing licenses to any couple, gay or straight.

Kim Davis Rowan County Clerk denies David Moore and David Ermold marriage license defying court Newsday

So why would I ignore Davis on her own beliefs and instead believe you pretending to speak for her?

You were saying about 'fatal flaws'?

Guess again, Skippy...

The Role of Marriage License Clerks

It's worth emphasizing that miscegenation laws were also enforced--probably even more effectively--through civil law. Many an interracial couple managed to avoid attracting the attention of local police only to find their marriages challenged in other court proceedings--in divorce and annulment cases, for example, in pension disputes, and especially, and repeatedly, in inheritance cases. And the civil provisions of miscegenation laws were significant in another respect, too. In the early twentieth century, when marriage licensing served as a kind of public health surveillance system, marriage license clerks were, in effect, assigned responsibility for serving as the gatekeepers of white supremacy, and they wielded this power with considerable effect. Long after most public officials had discarded the blatantly racist justifications originally used to enact miscegenation laws, county clerks continued to refuse marriage licenses to interracial couples, claiming that they were merely carrying out the requirements of laws they were obliged to obey whether they wanted to or not.

Putting an end to the regime of miscegenation law was a long and difficult process. Between 1913 and 1927, the NAACP took the first step by fighting off a rash of attempts to enact miscegenation laws in northeastern states. In the 1930s, a few especially bold couples took the next step by bringing marriage license officials to court in an attempt to challenge the racial classifications of miscegenation laws. These challenges failed, but the fact that the suits were brought at all showed the gradual erosion of the notion that interracial sex and marriage were "unnatural." During World War II, when the social dislocations common in wartime led to interracial marriages at home and abroad, the NAACP, sometimes with the help of the Red Cross, tried an indirect approach, helping individual couples evade the miscegenation laws of their home states by directing them to marriage license officials in Northern states.

Why the Ugly Rhetoric Against Gay Marriage Is Familiar to this Historian of Miscegenation

Says you. On the other hand, every court to hear the issue has ruled against her. Even the republican governor has ruled against her.

Conscience doesn't necessarily arise from religion. Even some atheists don't believe SSM is right. Charles Darwin was one of them. You ASSume what you have no right to.

So you're saying that her Christian beliefs aren't her motivation? Because Kim Davis says otherwise:

Kim Davis has argued that her deeply held Christian beliefs prevent her from issuing licenses to same-sex couples. After the U.S. Supreme Court ruled gay marriage bans unconstitutional, Davis stopped issuing licenses to any couple, gay or straight.

Kim Davis Rowan County Clerk denies David Moore and David Ermold marriage license defying court Newsday

So why would I ignore Davis on her own beliefs and instead believe you pretending to speak for her?

No I didn't say that her views weren't motivated by religion, I said it's an assumption we can't make because conscience doesn't always find a basis in religious belief. So it really doesn't matter. A compelling argument could be made that all values are based on religion if religion is defined as those things we accept dogmatically. If that were the case, then a Leftist like you couldn't be in government forcing your religious views either.

No I didn't say that her views weren't motivated by religion, I said it's an assumption we can't make because conscience doesn't always find a basis in religious belief.

I've never said it 'always finds a basis in religious belief'. I'm saying that Kim Davis' actions are based in her religion.

According to who? According to Kim Davis.

And she's a way better source on this than you are. So much for your 'fatal flaw'.

No I didn't say that her views weren't motivated by religion, I said it's an assumption we can't make because conscience doesn't always find a basis in religious belief.

I've never said it 'always finds a basis in religious belief'. I'm saying that Kim Davis' actions are based in her religion.

And she's a way better source on this than you are. So much for your 'fatal flaw'.
You missed the point of the post altogether. Funny thing is, you don't have to realize you're defeated for it to be true.

You missed the point of the post altogether. Funny thing is, you don't have to realize you're defeated for it to be true.

Oh, I got it. She simply contradicts you, making it explicit that its her religion that motivates her actions. As a government rep she's imposing her religion on unwilling people using government authority.

That's the explicit establishment of religion, and a constitutional violation.

Actually she isn't. She is merely saying HER religion forbids her from doing this

...while wielding government power as a representative of the government. She's using the government to impose her religious views on unwilling people.

And the government is using its power to squash her sincerely held religious beliefs that interfere with her job. Easy way around ALL of this is to declare her absent and allow someone who doesn't care to issue the licenses. The tyrant in the robe is trying to FORCE this woman to give up her way of making a living or give up her religious beliefs. Both are illegal and wrong.The day of reckoning will come. Don't know when but damn I sure hope I am around to see the trees filled with ropes...

Guess again, Skippy...

It's worth emphasizing that miscegenation laws were also enforced--probably even more effectively--through civil law. Many an interracial couple managed to avoid attracting the attention of local police only to find their marriages challenged in other court proceedings--in divorce and annulment cases, for example, in pension disputes, and especially, and repeatedly, in inheritance cases. And the civil provisions of miscegenation laws were significant in another respect, too. In the early twentieth century, when marriage licensing served as a kind of public health surveillance system, marriage license clerks were, in effect, assigned responsibility for serving as the gatekeepers of white supremacy, and they wielded this power with considerable effect. Long after most public officials had discarded the blatantly racist justifications originally used to enact miscegenation laws, county clerks continued to refuse marriage licenses to interracial couples, claiming that they were merely carrying out the requirements of laws they were obliged to obey whether they wanted to or not.

Putting an end to the regime of miscegenation law was a long and difficult process. Between 1913 and 1927, the NAACP took the first step by fighting off a rash of attempts to enact miscegenation laws in northeastern states. In the 1930s, a few especially bold couples took the next step by bringing marriage license officials to court in an attempt to challenge the racial classifications of miscegenation laws. These challenges failed, but the fact that the suits were brought at all showed the gradual erosion of the notion that interracial sex and marriage were "unnatural." During World War II, when the social dislocations common in wartime led to interracial marriages at home and abroad, the NAACP, sometimes with the help of the Red Cross, tried an indirect approach, helping individual couples evade the miscegenation laws of their home states by directing them to marriage license officials in Northern states.

Why the Ugly Rhetoric Against Gay Marriage Is Familiar to this Historian of Miscegenation
Jews pushed for both...both are against nature and 100% morally wrong.

And the government is using its power to squash her sincerely held religious beliefs that interfere with her job. Easy way around ALL of this is to declare her absent and allow someone who doesn't care to issue the licenses. The tyrant in the robe is trying to FORCE this woman to give up her way of making a living or give up her religious beliefs. Both are illegal and wrong.The day of reckoning will come. Don't know when but damn I sure hope I am around to see the trees filled with ropes...

Guess again, Skippy...

What? How the fuck did Jews get dragged into your bigotry?

Your brand of "civil disobedience" loses. Ask George Wallace.

Guess again, Skippy...

What? How the fuck did Jews get dragged into your bigotry?

Your brand of "civil disobedience" loses. Ask George Wallace.
Ahhh when normal society is called bigoted...night is day,right is wrong,up is down...new speak...lovely. George Wallace was a chicken shit politician that really didn't care about his people he just care about getting re elected.Like Kennedy said. Refuse to let peaceful revolution happen then violence is going to solve the problem for us.:)

And the government is using its power to squash her sincerely held religious beliefs that interfere with her job.

The government is required to follow the constitution. And allowing her to use the government to establish religion violates the constitution. Its the 1st amendment you have an issue with.

Easy way around ALL of this is to declare her absent and allow someone who doesn't care to issue the licenses.

She's not absent. She's there and has ordered any other clerk in the office not to issue those licenses. They're forbidden. She's forcing other clerks to abide her religious beliefs. And using her government authority to force the public to abide her religious beliefs.

Using the government to force people to follow your religion is against the constitution. And should be.

You're hilarious!

but nonetheless "present" entitling you to collect your pay.

Forum List

Back