Russell Wilson Benched

Wilson was great as a Seahawk, one of my favorite QB's and someone with an almost magical ability to scramble and make a long throw for a completion or a TD.

I think his time as a Bronco should serve as a wakeup call that you can't just pull a 10 year veteran from another team and expect them to work that same magic for you. As good as Manning was for the Broncos, when they won a Super Bowl with him, he could barely throw, and the defense is what got them the win.

Since he got all the money it's like his interest in the game is not there anymore, and I think he is happy to get cut and be done with football.

Wilson was great as a Seahawk, one of my favorite QB's and someone with an almost magical ability to scramble and make a long throw for a completion or a TD.

I think his time as a Bronco should serve as a wakeup call that you can't just pull a 10 year veteran from another team and expect them to work that same magic for you. As good as Manning was for the Broncos, when they won a Super Bowl with him, he could barely throw, and the defense is what got them the win.
Rodgers is in for the same wake up call. The grass is very rarely ever greener

Rodgers can still be that amazing QB making the great throws, but he is going to need protection up front. He is lucky he tore an Achilles early because he would have gotten smashed by defenses if he played. Jets better fix that line in the off season.
A lot of teams would be elite if they just fix the offensive line. It’s easier said than done

A lot of teams would be elite if they just fix the offensive line. It’s easier said than done
No, they also need a supporting cast. The Jets have that, but they have completely wasted a top defense these past 2 years. I've seen this play out before, I watched an amazing Bears defense get wasted with Mitch Trubisky under center.

The only question remaining is whether Deshaun Watson or Russell Wilson was the biggest mistake in NFL history.

Herschel Walker is off the hook.
worst personnel decision in nfl : 1999 saints trade all draft choices for overall first round ricky williams. williams is now running a marijuana shop in california after a very lame career as a running back.

they also paid big for jamis wilson and current loser derek carr.
He earned a superbowl victory with New Orleans, as head coach, but it looks like a huge stretch to become a reality unless a complete rebuild of the team takes place.
peyton was a backup qb (and their replacement quarterback or "the spare bear") with the bears the year they won. i don't think ditka put him in the game but he should have the ring.

peyton was offense coordinator for purcells when the giants won (in early 2000s ) i think.

and, of course, as head coach in 2009.

worst personnel decision in nfl : 1999 saints trade all draft choices for overall first round ricky williams. williams is now running a marijuana shop in california after a very lame career as a running back.

they also paid big for jamis wilson and current loser derek carr.

peyton was a backup qb (and their replacement quarterback or "the spare bear") with the bears the year they won. i don't think ditka put him in the game but he should have the ring.

peyton was offense coordinator for purcells when the giants won (in early 2000s ) i think.

and, of course, as head coach in 2009.
Good memory, I had forgotten about his stint as a backup QB in Chicago.👍

Since he got all the money it's like his interest in the game is not there anymore, and I think he is happy to get cut and be done with football.
All players have strengths and weaknesses. A good coach tailors his game plans to take advantage of the strengths and minimize the weaknesses. You can’t wish or force a player into doing what he’s not able to do.

When it comes to Wilson, Pete Carroll got it and the last two Denver coaches didn’t.

Rodgers is in for the same wake up call. The grass is very rarely ever greener
We’ll see. Rodgers was a very good QB who played well for different coaches employing different offensive schemes.

We’ll see. Rodgers was a very good QB who played well for different coaches employing different offensive schemes.
I wouldn’t expect much out of a 40 year old, coming off one of the hardest injuries to come back from.

I wouldn’t expect much out of a 40 year old, coming off one of the hardest injuries to come back from.
He seems to be a very fit and fit 40 year old. I don’t expect a steep physical decline with him.

He seems to be a very fit and fit 40 year old. I don’t expect a steep physical decline with him.
There aren’t many success stories of guys on the wrong side of 40 making a comebacks from an Achilles . Even before the injury the packers gave up on him. I’m not sure there’s a lot left in the tank. Time will tell.

He's kind of like Matt Ryan. He makes some good throws...but he doesn't make THE throw.

Yep he got kinda fat and a step slower at SEA + 1st yr at DEN. Now, Sean Peyton forced him into better shape and he did not look too bad? But, he was not good enough to commit to an old guy for long term money. Let some other team pay him $50mil per. Have to be close to good like Denver was to use him.

There aren’t many success stories of guys on the wrong side of 40 making a comebacks from an Achilles . Even before the injury the packers gave up on him. I’m not sure there’s a lot left in the tank. Time will tell.

Yep, look at that guy on the Vikings. He only ran about 5 steps on a QB sweep and blew out his Achilles. He is older. Rogers is old, blew his out too. Your stuff does not improve with age. Luckily, Brady never had to run much.

That’s a big part of it, but it’s pretty clear that the current coaching staff and Wilson are not a good fit.

Sean Peyton was chewing out Russell Wilson on the sidelines in front of the team and a national TV audience after inexplicably stupid coaching decisions. Instead of looking like a puppy which just caught peeing on the carpet, Wilson should have barked back at Peyton.

Coach don't give much wiggle room when you start out 1-5 or whatever it was with fat slow old Wilson driving the bus. They have already decided.

Forum List

Back