🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Russians Are In My Little Town...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
It seems that Igor Makarov, President of the Areti International Group, has decided to dock his 128', $7 million dollar yacht in the same marina where I keep my 61' Viking.

Makarov is a Russian billionaire with alleged close ties to Gubarnguly Berdimuhamedow, president of Turkmenistan, and Alexander Lukashenko, the president of Belarus, who both have strong ties to Vladamir Putin.

There had been speculation that the yacht was Makarov's when it arrived, but the name of the ship was covered after the local paper tried to photograph it. Since then, though, a spokesman for his firm has confirmed it's his. I've not been down there in a couple of days, but my understanding is that protesters are starting to put some sort of protest plan into action at the marina, which is open to the public.

If nothing else, it'll be interesting...

Russian billionaire's yacht is docked in St. Augustine

It seems that Igor Makarov, President of the Areti International Group, has decided to dock his 128', $7 million dollar yacht in the same marina where I keep my 61' Viking.

Makarov is a Russian billionaire with alleged close ties to Gubarnguly Berdimuhamedow, president of Turkmenistan, and Alexander Lukashenko, the president of Belarus, who both have strong ties to Vladamir Putin.

There had been speculation that the yacht was Makarov's when it arrived, but the name of the ship was covered after the local paper tried to photograph it. Since then, though, a spokesman for his firm has confirmed it's his. I've not been down there in a couple of days, but my understanding is that protesters are starting to put some sort of protest plan into action at the marina, which is open to the public.

You should key it when nobody is looking

So the marina is likely to lose out on docking fees so vapid virtue signaling can take place. Sounds about right.

How would they lose out on docking fees?

You're assuming that boat owners will go elsewhere. That doesn't appear to be the case, at all...

Yours is just a 61'? I remember those days when that was all I could afford. Thank god I got through it, it was touch and go for a while.

Sure...if you wanna put a couple hundred thousand into fixing em LOL

Hardly.

I worked with a brokerage firm in Miami. They knew what I was willing to spend and they found me a craft which matched both my criteria and my budget...

Forum List

Back