S.C. Gun Show: "No Loaded Weapons" at entry, enforced by cops! What? No armed people?

I'm being ignorant? So people at a gun show are afraid of AD's. Sure, that makes perfect sense. I happily took my gun off and left it in the car, I knew the rule and abided by it.

But, how then can anyone not understand the fear that teachers, moms, shoppers, diners, etc, etc, etc,....many of whom are afraid of guns......may have of AD's in their schools, malls, etc? Afterall, AD's happen all the time with concealed guns when they get caught on clothing, faulty holsters, seat belts, etc, etc. Not everyone packing heat is as safe with their gun as we are.

Because it's a stupid, unfounded fear?

Could that be it?

Just a quick discussion on this. Went to the Land of Sky Gun Show in Charleston yesterday. Great time. See my thread on the skirmishes I saw.

But, a bit of hypocrisy. They had cops at the front door. They had a rule: No loaded guns inside.

WHAT THE FUDGE!!!!????? I thought more armed people meant more safety? And a show where 99% of people would agree with that......had a rule that banned armed people???

WHY? Why would an event that has 99% shared idea that more armed people means more safety.....have a rule that eliminates a person's ability to be armed inside the show?

If lefties quit looking for hypocrisy under every rock they might enjoy life a little more. In case you haven't noticed we have become a litigating society. Insurance regulations probably mandate that no loaded weapons are permitted. Reasonable people agree that the presence of Police eliminates the need to carry a loaded weapon but reasonable people would also admit that the Police can't be everywhere.

Nope, went to get a new stock for my AR. Wanted an OD green Tapco or similar. Found a great one.

But, back to the topic: So, why is it good to have more armed citizens out in the general public, but, the very people demanding more rights to be armed....wont allow their peers to be armed at their gun show?

Whats the risk?

How is it any different than schools, restaurants, malls, parks not wanting the very same gun fans to be armed at their buildings?
The radical RW gun nuts won't answer this question. Why? Because they can't. The answer is not good you see...for that that is.
It's standard procedure on private property, Why don't ignorant libs respect the wishes of private citizens?
Hell it's not like it's a gun free zone No loaded guns doesn't mean no guns allowed.
Take the mag out and place it in your pocket.
Are we clear on this?

Just to make sure it's understood the op has been addressed.

But, a bit of hypocrisy. They had cops at the front door. They had a rule: No loaded guns inside.
Not new, as every gun show I have been to has the same rule.
Of course, there's no prohibition on loaded magazines, so pretty much everything else you present here is moot.

Just a quick discussion on this. Went to the Land of Sky Gun Show in Charleston yesterday. Great time. See my thread on the skirmishes I saw.

WHAT THE FUDGE!!!!????? I thought more armed people meant more safety? And a show where 99% of people would agree with that......had a rule that banned armed people???

WHY? Why would an event that has 99% shared idea that more armed people means more safety.....have a rule that eliminates a person's ability to be armed inside the show?

If lefties quit looking for hypocrisy under every rock they might enjoy life a little more. In case you haven't noticed we have become a litigating society. Insurance regulations probably mandate that no loaded weapons are permitted. Reasonable people agree that the presence of Police eliminates the need to carry a loaded weapon but reasonable people would also admit that the Police can't be everywhere.

Dont you think insurance companies may also have the same guidelines for restaurants, schools, malls, theaters, parks, etc, etc, that they get a lower rate if they dont allow guns????

Forum List

Back