SAFE Act activist arrested...

nobody here cares what "the rest of the world" thinks. We have 2nd Amendment. you - do not.

that's the difference.

nobody here cares what "the rest of the world" thinks

And right here is the problem. First quite a lot of people do as international trade is pretty important. Secondly everybody else in the world sees the second amendment as an anochronism from a time when there were actual frontiers in the gereat history of the United States, when wild animals and bandits were a genuine threat and law enforcement was nonexistant.

The lie that people come out with so often that they believe it to be truth that somehow gun ownership keeps the government honest is really laughable when you take a step backwards and have a look at it.

Let me guess, you think you made some sort of logical argument. Let me explain why you are wrong.

The United States is in the minority. This is the only country in the world where people are, in theory, free to say anything and not get punished for it. Every other country imposes some pretty hefty restrictions on speech. You may, or may not, agree with those restrictions, but should we lock people up just because other countries do, and we want to trade with them? Did you know that, in Germany, it is actually illegal to deny the holocaust? Should we pass the same law here in order to keep importing BMWs?

By the way, thanks for proving how stupid it is to insist that we should care about what other countries do.

I did indeed know that, I believe it is also the same case in Austria and that "historian" David Irving got jailed for it. However this is a law designed to stop something like the holocaust rather than the norm, you say that the US is the ONLY country in the world with free speech laws where as the UN Declaration of Human Rights has freedom of thought, opinion and expression enshrined within it as does the European Declaration of Human Rights.

The difference is simply that some forms of enflamatory lying and deliberate nefarious agitating have been outlawed, you may argue it's the first step on slippery slope but it's worked in for all of the rest of the free world since the mid 40s without any problem at all.

nobody here cares what "the rest of the world" thinks

And right here is the problem. First quite a lot of people do as international trade is pretty important. Secondly everybody else in the world sees the second amendment as an anochronism from a time when there were actual frontiers in the gereat history of the United States, when wild animals and bandits were a genuine threat and law enforcement was nonexistant.

The lie that people come out with so often that they believe it to be truth that somehow gun ownership keeps the government honest is really laughable when you take a step backwards and have a look at it.

Let me guess, you think you made some sort of logical argument. Let me explain why you are wrong.

The United States is in the minority. This is the only country in the world where people are, in theory, free to say anything and not get punished for it. Every other country imposes some pretty hefty restrictions on speech. You may, or may not, agree with those restrictions, but should we lock people up just because other countries do, and we want to trade with them? Did you know that, in Germany, it is actually illegal to deny the holocaust? Should we pass the same law here in order to keep importing BMWs?

By the way, thanks for proving how stupid it is to insist that we should care about what other countries do.

I did indeed know that, I believe it is also the same case in Austria and that "historian" David Irving got jailed for it. However this is a law designed to stop something like the holocaust rather than the norm, you say that the US is the ONLY country in the world with free speech laws where as the UN Declaration of Human Rights has freedom of thought, opinion and expression enshrined within it as does the European Declaration of Human Rights.

The difference is simply that some forms of enflamatory lying and deliberate nefarious agitating have been outlawed, you may argue it's the first step on slippery slope but it's worked in for all of the rest of the free world since the mid 40s without any problem at all.

Funny, I don't recall saying that the US is the only country with free speech laws, I must be getting senile.

Either that, or you can't fucking read.

Funny, I don't recall saying that the US is the only country with free speech laws, I must be getting senile.

Either that, or you can't fucking read.

If you say so although I will confess to being dyslexic and requiring MS spellchecker for almost everything I ever type.

Forum List

Back