San Fran City sues Trumper admin over sanctuary cities

The CA constitution (which for some reason suddenly has its pages down online), says that all areas within CA must abide by federal law and not attempt to break from the Union. Telling the Union on a vital issue such as immigration that the Union is less powerful than it, is against the law.

City Of San Francisco Sues Trump Administration | Hoodline

The strategy, I think, is to drag this out and protect immigrants until Trump is impeached, leaves office, or dies normally, which ever comes first.

SF will get their little fagot asses kicked on this one. Federal law requires, as a condition to receiving grants, that the recipient be in compliance with federal laws. If they aren't in compliance they are not eligible for the grants to begin with. Just because other administrations haven't enforced that law, doesn't prevent Trump form doing so.

America: Jesus California you can't possibly top this level of retarded.
San Francisco: Hold my beer!

• Banned

The strategy, I think, is to drag this out and protect immigrants until Trump is impeached, leaves office, or dies normally, which ever comes first.

SF will get their little fagot asses kicked on this one. Federal law requires, as a condition to receiving grants, that the recipient be in compliance with federal laws. If they aren't in compliance they are not eligible for the grants to begin with. Just because other administrations haven't enforced that law, doesn't prevent Trump form doing so.
Nope, the courts will tie up the eligibility, leaving the status quo the way it was. Trump is not going to do anything about this as long as he is in office.

Nope, the courts will tie up the eligibility, leaving the status quo the way it was. Trump is not going to do anything about this as long as he is in office.

Your're right his DHS and DOJ will. The laws are already on the books, the supreme court said providing information to the feds is NOT commandeering, and if you really want to get technical, SF has no standing to file the suit because as of today there have been no reductions in funding.

God Bless Texas! Abbott is doing the right thing. Next it needs to be done at the Federal level.

In "sanctuary" fight, Abbott cuts off funding to Travis County

In "sanctuary" fight, Abbott cuts off funding to Travis County

Gov. Greg Abbott has followed through on his threat to cut off state funding for Travis County over its new "sanctuary" policy.

The old saying "On every life a little rain must fall" seems appropriate. However, Travis County is facing a full blown Texas downpour.

When they can't hire officers/deputies, service their cruisers, or buy new equipment they will change their tune.

Of the Texans I know, which are many, most of them won't put up with this shit. They also have a VERY strong dislike of Austin because it is sickeningly liberal. I had a friend tell me he wished aliens would dig Austin up and transport "the whole damned mess" to California.

Where is it written that states or cities are obligated to get federal money for anything?

Yes, the lower activist courts may tie it up briefly, but once it hits the big time, the city will waste money that they don't have. And how many times have Democrats forced states into compliance for crap like the environment by withholding federal money?

Now Cali is considering calling themselves a sanctuary state. Okay, where are they going to makeup the 330 billion they get from the feds every year?

This will be like watching a prisoner in jail going on a hunger strike.

It takes a special kind of stupid to sue in order to avoid the law.
The "Law" in Nazi Germany said it's OK to gas Jews. It takes a special kid of stupid to blindly abide by all laws without ever asking questions. This is another reason why Libs are always calling you guys fascists. You have those tendencies

Forum List

Back