San Mateo restaurant apologizes.

A restaurant is probably the last place any sensible person should advertise their own political beliefs.

"Hello. I think black people are lazy, welfare-collecting parasites. And I'll have the filet mignon."

A restaurant is probably the last place any sensible person should advertise their own political beliefs.
Most people expect others to he civil, not so petty as to behave so poorly just because their preferred political party loses an election. They especially do not expect such behavior from prifessionals / business owners.

MAGA hats and similar baseball type caps aren't really appropriate for fancy sit-down joints. However, if its a casual beanery, I wouldn't see why not

Most people expect others to he civil, not so petty as to behave so poorly just because their preferred political party loses an election. They especially do not expect such behavior from prifessionals / business owners.

You can try that, but you're rolling the dice.

"Hi. I think Donald Trump is amazing and I think liberals are retarded. I'll have the chicken alfredo."

See how well that goes for you.

Exactly, it what you call Professionalism.

If the WH Correspondents scheduled their spring dinner event at the Trump International, even though they are leftards, they would be treated decently and professionally, even though the Trump Organization doesn't like their politics.

"Hi. I think Donald Trump is amazing and I think liberals are retarded. I'll have the chicken alfredo."

Except they did not do that at all. They wore a hat showing support for the US President. You are projecting petty liberal butt-hurt behavior onto others...

Except they did not do that at all. They wore a hat showing support for the US President. You are projecting petty liberal butt-hurt behavior onto others...

Clearly they didn't do that. It was just an example as to why it would be dumb to publicly display your political opinions to anyone serving your food.

It would be equally dumb to wear a "pro-choice" t-shirt or something in a restaurant.

If you insist on showing off your polarizing opinions to people who serve your food, whether from the left or right, it's just a matter of time before someone decides to do something about that.

Back in the day, professionalism was a lot more common in the hospitality business. Just because someone was a Humphrey supporter and someone came in with a Nixon or Wallace hat on, it didn't give you license to treat them like shit. People just take it a lot more personally nowadays.

I remember the first time I voted, I was excited and proud to vote for Ronaldus Magnus in 1980, and there were a lot of Carterbots in Eastern Ohio. I wasn't attacked physically or told to leave any place.

Clearly they didn't do that. It was just an example as to why it would be dumb to publicly display your political opinions to anyone serving your food.

It would be equally dumb to wear a "pro-choice" t-shirt or something in a restaurant.
So you are suggesting Americans not exercise their 1st Amendment Rights out of fear from retaliation from sore loser intolerant snowflakes?!

So you are suggesting Americans not exercise their 1st Amendment Rights out of fear from retaliation from sore loser intolerant snowflakes?!

I don't have a problem with idiots proudly and unnecessarily displaying their opinions when they go out to eat. That's their right.

But that thing that looks like spit in your food? Yea, that's probably spit. Bon appétit.

I don't have a problem with idiots proudly and unnecessarily displaying their opinions when they go out to eat. That's their right.

But that thing that looks like spit in your food? Yea, that's probably spit. Bon appétit.
You say you don't have a problem then suggest / advocate stooping to intolerant juvenile acts like spitting in the food of people who do not agree with 'you' ideologically.

Nah, you are fine with others who hold different views. Good for you. :p

OK, but what kinda piece of shit spits in someone's food? Not to mention, that's assault.

You say you don't have a problem then suggest / advocate stooping to intolerant juvenile acts like spitting in the food of people who do not agree with 'you' ideologically.

Nah, you are fine with others who hold different views. Good for you. :p

LoL I'm not advocating for spitting in food. I'm saying it's bound to happen when you advertise your political beliefs to people who serve your food. This isn't complicated.

Now if you insist on wearing your MAGA hat when you go to Chili's....well, good luck.

Forum List

Back