Saudi Arabia Cuts Its Diplomatic Ties With Iran

skye

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2012
"The move comes while relations between the regional rivals are plunging over the execution of a top Shiite cleric.
Speaking at a press conference on Sunday, Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir demanded that the Iranian diplomatic mission and related entities leave the country within 48 hours.

He said Riyadh would not allow the Islamic Republic to undermine the Sunni kingdom’s security."

Things are heating up.....even more....in the ME, what a start for 2016 !

Jan. 3, 2016 5:04 p.m. ET

No worries, Obungles will step in and make it all better <<<:bs1:

Exactly!
Worst American President in history! whatever domestic or worldwide situation he touches ...he poisons it even more.

He has a natural ability for that. :mad-61:

"The move comes while relations between the regional rivals are plunging over the execution of a top Shiite cleric.
Speaking at a press conference on Sunday, Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir demanded that the Iranian diplomatic mission and related entities leave the country within 48 hours.

He said Riyadh would not allow the Islamic Republic to undermine the Sunni kingdom’s security."

was to be expected

I am no fan of the Iranian Regime but I have to say, the Saudis execute and behead people like there is no tomorrow.

This cleric they killed was one among 47 people they put to death.

Total savages!

I am no fan of the Iranian Regime but I have to say, the Saudis execute and behead people like there is no tomorrow.

This cleric they killed was one among 47 people they put to death.

Total savages!

and yet Iran executes far more. Only china executes more people than Iran, by 10 times.

thanks for posting that skye

Meanwhile, Iran Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian responded that Saudi Arabia“cannot hide its mistake”of executing a religious figure by moving to cut off diplomatic ties with Iran, the country’s Fars News Agency reported.

Amir-Abdollahian added that none of the Saudi diplomats were harmed during the violent protests on Saturday, stressing that Iran is one of the safest countries for diplomats in the region.

Earlier on Sunday, Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, released a provocative cartoon, which drew a comparison between the executions by Saudi Arabia with those carried out by Islamic State terrorists.

Khamenei also issued a statement saying “divine vengeance” would surely befall Saudi Arabia because of its execution of Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr and condemning Riyadh for its bombing campaign in Yemen and support for the Bahraini regime.

CX0SNHAWsAA-7JO.jpg

Saudi Arabia cuts diplomatic ties with Iran over embassy storming

Makes you wonder who Obama will back in this Saudi Arabia who is an ally of convenience but still an ally or his new best friend Iran or will he just try and ignore the problem and hope it goes away.

I am figuring World War III will get rolling faster this year.

China, Russia, and Iran will start making their moves while countries like the U.S. will try to appease them by giving them what they want...

Many are watching Iran at this point but the country to watch is China and it land grab in the South China Sea, and the possibility it could provoke Japan and other Asian Pacific countries into a conflict and North Korea will then find a reason to start fight with South Korea again...

China, Russia, and Iran will start making their moves while countries like the U.S. will try to appease them by giving them what they want...

Many are watching Iran at this point but the country to watch is China and it land grab in the South China Sea, and the possibility it could provoke Japan and other Asian Pacific countries into a conflict and North Korea will then find a reason to start fight with South Korea again...

Or... maybe the kids of Christmas Yet to Come won't want to give up air conditioning and smart electronic gadgets and they'll figure it out.

From fleet-footed runners to telephones, communication advances have impacted history. Maybe the internet is a game changer. Maybe The Apocalypse of John is optional...

I'm one Monkey who's betting it all that it is and I'm counting on you kids!

Or... maybe the kids of Christmas Yet to Come won't want to give up air conditioning and smart electronic gadgets and they'll figure it out.

From fleet-footed runners to telephones, communication advances have impacted history. Maybe the internet is a game changer. Maybe The Apocalypse of John is optional...

Nah, society is too stupid and for some reason like to genocide itself every so many years...

Just the sad reality of the history of the world...

Maybe this will be the last one, but I doubt it and I am not a end of the world type of believer and believe even if humanity wipe itself out the Universe and this planet will still be here...

Does anyone know what the 'official charge' was that warranted execution?

" In 2009, he criticized Saudi authorities and suggested secession of the Eastern Province if Shiite rights were not respected. "

Who was Nimr Baqir Al-Nimr?

That is what I found so far and hope it help...

That sucks.

That's being executed for your ideas. The Saudi's fucked up. They'll end up on the wrong side of history for this one.

Does anyone know what the 'official charge' was that warranted execution?

" In 2009, he criticized Saudi authorities and suggested secession of the Eastern Province if Shiite rights were not respected. "

Who was Nimr Baqir Al-Nimr?

That is what I found so far and hope it help...

That sucks.

That's being executed for your ideas. The Saudi's fucked up. They'll end up on the wrong side of history for this one.

It look like it.

Nah, society is too stupid and for some reason like to genocide itself every so many years...

Just the sad reality of the history of the world...

Maybe this will be the last one, but I doubt it and I am not a end of the world type of believer and believe even if humanity wipe itself out the Universe and this planet will still be here...

A brother can hope though, no? :dunno:

And I disagree... It's not stupidity, it's a 10,000 year old bloody as hell battle for and race for limited resources by creatures showing an excellent display of imagination and vision as well as skills in organizing. Monkeys are clever and we have a dangerous winner-take-all attitude that appears to be another evolutionary necessity that needs time to shed.

The first generation to understand what it means to share the resources of this planet gets to watch their grandchildren begin to explore the stars.

Meh, I'm an optimist... my fingers are crossed and I'm betting the farm that Momma's clever little bastards are going to make it.

`

Forum List

Back