Saudi Arabia Cuts Its Diplomatic Ties With Iran

Iran and Saudi Arabia are already at War. Iran is funding the rebellion with their proxy troops in Yemen and already killing each other. Saudi Arabia is now in deals with 34 countries there to fight them in Yemen.

Not only that, but Saudi Arabia is looking to buy Nuclear Weapons from Pakistan to counter the eventual probability that Iran will get the bomb.

This is a side issue to the main issue. And most of these executions are there to disrupt and perform terror attacks in Saudi Arabia as they are at War already.

The US will wind up backing the Saudis as they are the only reason the US dollar still has any value, using it for the OPEC markets and thus making it the world reserve currency.

The Iranians are fucked.

"The move comes while relations between the regional rivals are plunging over the execution of a top Shiite cleric.
Speaking at a press conference on Sunday, Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir demanded that the Iranian diplomatic mission and related entities leave the country within 48 hours.

He said Riyadh would not allow the Islamic Republic to undermine the Sunni kingdom’s security."

Things are heating up.....even more....in the ME, what a start for 2016 !

Jan. 3, 2016 5:04 p.m. ET

I am figuring World War III will get rolling faster this year.

China, Russia, and Iran will start making their moves while countries like the U.S. will try to appease them by giving them what they want...

Many are watching Iran at this point but the country to watch is China and it land grab in the South China Sea, and the possibility it could provoke Japan and other Asian Pacific countries into a conflict and North Korea will then find a reason to start fight with South Korea again...

Or... maybe the kids of Christmas Yet to Come won't want to give up air conditioning and smart electronic gadgets and they'll figure it out.

From fleet-footed runners to telephones, communication advances have impacted history. Maybe the internet is a game changer. Maybe The Apocalypse of John is optional...

I'm one Monkey who's betting it all that it is and I'm counting on you kids!

Nah, society is too stupid and for some reason like to genocide itself every so many years...

Just the sad reality of the history of the world...

Maybe this will be the last one, but I doubt it and I am not a end of the world type of believer and believe even if humanity wipe itself out the Universe and this planet will still be here...

A brother can hope though, no? :dunno:

And I disagree... It's not stupidity, it's a 10,000 year old bloody as hell battle for and race for limited resources by creatures showing an excellent display of imagination and vision as well as skills in organizing. Monkeys are clever and we have a dangerous winner-take-all attitude that appears to be another evolutionary necessity that needs time to shed.

The first generation to understand what it means to share the resources of this planet gets to watch their grandchildren begin to explore the stars.

Meh, I'm an optimist... my fingers are crossed and I'm betting the farm that Momma's clever little bastards are going to make it.

`

Maybe...

I do understand everything you wrote, but during the ten thousand years it seem we take one step forward and two backwards most of the time...

Maybe when I was younger I would have a more liberal and starry eyed view of the world, but after seeing so much I have about given up all hope for humanity to realize if we work together we could achieve so much...

In the end it about time for another genocide of humans to thin out the herd, and then maybe our future generation will learn to play nice... :)

Anyhoo.... Boo and Hiss on the Saudi's over this one. No sympathy here - the Saudi Royal Family screwed the pooch.

Saudi/Iran crisis bumps oil prices up...

Oil and gold prices rise on Middle East tensions
4 Jan.`16 - Oil prices have jumped as worsening relations between Saudi Arabia and Iran raised concerns about possible supply disruptions.
Brent crude prices rose more than 3% on Monday, before easing to $38.10 a barrel, still up about 2%. The price of US crude was up more than 2% to $37.81 a barrel. Share markets were also rattled by rising tensions after Saudi Arabia executed a Shia cleric, and the price of gold rose 1%. "With increased geopolitical tensions between Saudi Arabia and Iran, the market has put a premium on prices just when markets opened (in 2016)," brokerage Phillip Futures said in a note.

_87467729_87467691.jpg

Saudi Arabia has cut diplomatic ties with Iran. Protesters in Tehran ransacked the Saudi embassy following the execution of Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr. Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir said Iranian diplomats had 48 hours to leave the country. Iran's supreme leader warned Saudi Arabia it would face "quick consequences" for the execution. Fearing further upheaval in the already volatile Middle East, the US has urged regional leaders to try to ease tensions.

Despite the oil price rise, Bernard Aw, market strategist at IG Markets in Singapore, said global crude oversupply would continue to weigh on prices over the longer term. "Unless we see a convincing drop in oil output from these two nations, and the broader oil-producing community, the supply glut issue will persist, which means oil prices would remain under pressure for a longer period," he told the AFP news agency. Oil prices are down by two-thirds since mid-2014, with analysts estimating that producers are pumping between 0.5 million and 2 million barrels of oil every day in excess of demand.

China woes

See also:

Iran-Saudi crisis 'most dangerous for decades'
4 Jan.`16 - Relations between Saudi Arabia and Iran are at their worst for nearly 30 years.
Tensions have spiralled following the execution of Saudi cleric Nimr al-Nimr, the subsequent setting ablaze of the Saudi embassy in Tehran, and Riyadh's expulsion of Iranian diplomats. The struggle between Riyadh and Tehran for political and religious influence has geopolitical implications that extend far beyond the placid waters of the Gulf and encompass nearly every major conflict zone in the Middle East. Most notably, perhaps, the crisis means prospects for a diplomatic breakthrough in Syria and Yemen now look much more remote, just as international momentum for negotiations seemed to be on the verge of delivering results.

Years of turbulence

The current standoff is as dangerous as its 1980s predecessor, which first saw diplomatic ties suspended between 1988 and 1991. This occurred at the end of the turbulent opening decade after the Iranian Revolution in 1979 and the grinding eight-year Iran-Iraq War from 1980 to 1988. Saudi Arabia and the other Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) states backed Iraq's Saddam Hussein during the war and suffered Iranian attacks on their shipping, while in 1984 the Saudi air force shot down an Iranian fighter jet that it claimed had entered Saudi airspace.

_87468551_7c5fdfe4-53cb-47ef-b5ba-bf9c0e4ca705.jpg

Iran-Saudi tensions boiled over with the execution of Nimr al-Nimr​

Saudi and other Arab Gulf governments also linked Iran's post-revolutionary government with a rise in Shia militancy, an aborted coup in Bahrain in 1981, and a failed attempt to assassinate the emir of Kuwait four years later. Meanwhile, the Iranian-backed militant group Hezbollah al-Hejaz was formed in May 1987 as a cleric-based organisation modelled on Lebanese Hezbollah intent on carrying out military operations inside Saudi Arabia. Hezbollah al-Hejaz issued a number of inflammatory statements threatening the Saudi royal family and carried out several deadly attacks in the late 1980s as tensions between Iran and Saudi Arabia rose sharply.

Deep distrust

Related:

Saudi Arabia's allies Bahrain, Sudan and UAE act against Iran
4 Jan.`16 - A number of Saudi Arabia's allies have joined diplomatic action against Iran after the Saudi embassy in Tehran was attacked amid a row over the execution of a Shia Muslim cleric.
Bahrain and Sudan have both severed relations with Iran, and the UAE has downgraded its diplomatic team. Saudi Arabia on Sunday severed ties and gave Iran's diplomats two days to go. Saudi Arabia and Iran are the key Sunni and Shia powers in the region and back opposing sides in Syria and Yemen.

Bahrain, which is ruled by a Sunni monarchy but has a majority Shia population, on Monday gave Iranian diplomats 48 hours to leave the country. It accused Iran of "increasing, flagrant and dangerous meddling" in the internal affairs of Gulf and Arab states. It said the attack on the Saudi embassy was part of a "very dangerous pattern of sectarian policies that should be confronted... to preserve security and stability in the entire region". Bahrain, which hosts the US Navy's 5th Fleet, has frequently accused Iran of fomenting unrest in the country since 2011 - a charge Tehran denies.

A Sudan foreign ministry statement read: "In response to the barbaric attacks on the Saudi Arabian embassy in Tehran and its consulate in Mashhad... Sudan announces the immediate severing of ties with the Islamic Republic of Iran." The United Arab Emirates is downgrading its diplomatic representation in Tehran, including a recall of its ambassador, but has said it will continue trade links.

There are fears sectarian strife may spread in the region following the execution of Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr and 46 others in Saudi Arabia on Saturday after they were convicted of terror-related offences. On Monday, two Sunni mosques in Iraq were bombed and an imam killed.

'Pursuing confrontation'

Last edited:
"The move comes while relations between the regional rivals are plunging over the execution of a top Shiite cleric.
Speaking at a press conference on Sunday, Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir demanded that the Iranian diplomatic mission and related entities leave the country within 48 hours.

He said Riyadh would not allow the Islamic Republic to undermine the Sunni kingdom’s security."

Things are heating up.....even more....in the ME, what a start for 2016 !

Jan. 3, 2016 5:04 p.m. ET
Maybe you can model a burka for them...??

Bottom line is the Iranian backed terrorists including some AQ terrorists had been attempting to spread their form of racial Islamofascism in the KSA.
The Saudis captured them and executed them. Period.
The Royal Family are not like the fucking LIB coward in the Oval office.
Obama's response is to go golfing and send the 'Pickle Lady's Lap Poodle' to offer more concessions to Iran.

Anyhoo.... Boo and Hiss on the Saudi's over this one. No sympathy here - the Saudi Royal Family screwed the pooch.

I agree with that!

The Saudis started 2016 with it's usual beheading spree....thousands more to come of course!

That is exactly where ISIS- Obama and Saudi Arabia's baby - takes its ideas.

I agree with that!

The Saudis started 2016 with it's usual beheading spree....thousands more to come of course!

So now you'll put a link verifying the fucking AQ terrorists were beheaded right? You're a terrorist sympathizer which makes you the enemy of the US. I've reported you to the FBI/CIA/DHS.
Enjoy whatever freedom you have left.

I agree with that!

So now you'll put a link verifying the fucking AQ terrorists were beheaded right? You're a terrorist sympathizer which makes you the enemy of the US. I've reported you to the FBI/CIA/DHS.
Enjoy whatever freedom you have left.

:cuckoo: ^^^

:dunno:

The know-nothings are getting a glimpse of why the nuclear deal with Iran is such a big deal. It will keep them from obtaining an atomic or nuclear weapon which would destabilize the entire region is ways unimaginable.

A conventional war between these two will be bad enough, consider the alternative.

I agree with that!

Saudi 150, Iran 800 for 2015

I agree with that!

Saudi 150, Iran 800 for 2015

yes ...and China thousands too! yes we are aware. :rolleyes:

I agree with that!

The humans on Earth have been beheading for thousands of years....

I agree with that!

Pity they haven't catch you yet.

I agree with that!

Pity they haven't catch you yet.
They did, when I was born.....I was beheaded by circumcision...

Makes you wonder who Obama will back in this Saudi Arabia who is an ally of convenience but still an ally or his new best friend Iran or will he just try and ignore the problem and hope it goes away.

That's a good question!

If he sides with Saudi Arabia he will annoy Iran, to whom Obama has given the bomb and billions of dollars.

If he sides with Iran the Saudis will be offended.

For this crisis, Hussein Obama will need more than his freaking phone and pen.

Forum List

Back