Scanners let Oklahoma cops seize funds from prepaid debit cards without criminal charges

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Scanners let Oklahoma cops seize funds from prepaid debit cards without criminal charges

snip

The ERAD scanners are designed for use in law enforcement vehicles. Using the ERAD device, troopers in Oklahoma will be able to “freeze and seize” funds that a suspect has previously loaded on their prepaid debit card. The technology can also be used to return funds to an account from which funds were previously seized or frozen.

The vehicle-mounted scanners can read and store some data from other cards, too: debit cards, credit cards, and “payment account information from virtually any magnetic stripe card,” according to ERAD's website and patent documents.

Soooooo, before you are found guilty of anything the cops take your shit and treat you as if you're guilty. Super

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

snip

The ERAD scanners are designed for use in law enforcement vehicles. Using the ERAD device, troopers in Oklahoma will be able to “freeze and seize” funds that a suspect has previously loaded on their prepaid debit card. The technology can also be used to return funds to an account from which funds were previously seized or frozen.

The vehicle-mounted scanners can read and store some data from other cards, too: debit cards, credit cards, and “payment account information from virtually any magnetic stripe card,” according to ERAD's website and patent documents.

Soooooo, before you are found guilty of anything the cops take your shit and treat you as if you're guilty. Super

Asset forfeiture. One of the biggest crimes perpetrated against American citizens ever, and very few people know about it.

But the cops are good, don't you know it? Just ask Bucs90, he'll tell you.

snip

wants-more-government.jpg

Back in the 1980s the sheriff of Volusia County was seizing money he found in cars that were stopped traveling in interstate 95 here in Florida. He claimed that since a lot of drug mules used the road traveling to and from Miami that if he found money that the person couldn't or wouldn't justify, he could take it assuming it was drug money. I raised hell about it back then. Writing letters to the governor and the Orlando Sentinel. Nobody ever got their money back, the sheriff never got in any trouble, and now we have this. It was the beginning of my pessimistic attitude toward the government, all governments.

So I assume all lefties bitching about this will vote for less government

Back in the 1980s the sheriff of Volusia County was seizing money he found in cars that were stopped traveling in interstate 95 here in Florida. He claimed that since a lot of drug mules used the road traveling to and from Miami that if he found money that the person couldn't or wouldn't justify, he could take it assuming it was drug money. I raised hell about it back then. Writing letters to the governor and the Orlando Sentinel. Nobody ever got their money back, the sheriff never got in any trouble, and now we have this. It was the beginning of my pessimistic attitude toward the government, all governments.
So how can cops piss on the 4th Amendment without any legal challenge?
Here is a generally accepted oath they take (this may vary at different jurisdictions) including upholding the Constitution.... then they piss on it.
"Police Officer's Oath
The widely used oath embraced by the International Association of Chiefs of Police reads, ""On my honor, I will never betray my badge, my integrity, my character or the public trust. I will always have the courage to hold myself and others accountable for our actions. I will always uphold the Constitution, my community, and the agency I serve.""
Do Cops Take an Oath?

Here is a generally accepted oath they take (this may vary at different jurisdictions) including upholding the Constitution.... then they piss on it.
"Police Officer's Oath
The widely used oath embraced by the International Association of Chiefs of Police reads, ""On my honor, I will never betray my badge, my integrity, my character or the public trust. I will always have the courage to hold myself and others accountable for our actions. I will always uphold the Constitution, my community, and the agency I serve.""
Do Cops Take an Oath?

Apparently now, the law allows it.

The company that makes these scanners gets 7.7% of all the assets seized using their device as well. These laws are clearly an unlawful seizure, but the war on drugs trumps your constitutional rights.

"Police Officer's Oath
Do Cops Take an Oath?

There shall be no law superseding the Constitution.

The company that makes these scanners gets 7.7% of all the assets seized using their device as well. These laws are clearly an unlawful seizure, but the war on drugs trumps your constitutional rights.
Fuck that....

So I assume all lefties bitching about this will vote for less government

Whom should these bitchy lefties vote for in Oklahoma? The party that claims to heart smaller government isn't doing very much to end to civil forfeiture in the state. A majority of them seem wonderfully fine if the Highway Patrol become Highwaymen.

"Police Officer's Oath
Do Cops Take an Oath?

Hey, I agree that it's wrong, but they do it without penalty. What then, is your explanation>?

because it's not really money, it's ''legal tender for debts'', and it's considered a legal person and not property.

"Police Officer's Oath
Do Cops Take an Oath?

Hey, I agree that it's wrong, but they do it without penalty. What then, is your explanation>?
Where in the fuck is the CLU, the SPLC and all these fucking law organizations stirring shit against Christians... The real issue is not if somebody has a cross in his yard or not but the abuse of power....

Forum List

Back