Scared Southern Dems are running from Obamacare

mike.redd1266

Jul 17, 2013
Well we all will be running from Obamacare sooner or later. But this is a prefect reason we need to extend term limits. If candidates arent worried about being re-elected them we would not be in this shutdown right now. I hate to say it but America has some serious problem. I love my country but when will they get fixed?

In the tempest over shutdown politics, Louisiana Sen. Mary Landrieu stands out among Southern Democratic candidates with her embrace of the three-year-old health care law at the core of Capitol Hill dysfunction.

A third-term senator who faces a tough re-election fight next year, Landrieu called Republicans “reckless and irresponsible and radical” for using the federal budget and looming vote to raise the debt ceiling as leverage for demands to scrap President Barack Obama’s signature law.

“I’m not willing to negotiate away the character of this law on the debt ceiling,” Landrieu told The Associated Press recently. “I won’t negotiate it away on the budget. I won’t negotiate it away at all. Period.”

Yet Landrieu’s fellow Southern Democrats running in 2014 Senate races have taken a more cautious approach in the face of Republican pressure over the law they deride as “Obamacare.”

Source: Rare.us | Scared Southern Dems are running from Obamacare

Forum List

Back