🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Scholars: Proposed Texas Textbooks Distort History, Religion

We had this problem 8 or 9 years ago, when I was a school board president in East Texas. When the college teachers at the local center asked how they were to teach their distance learning credit classes at our HS, I told them to make sure they told the students what the State Board thought those points that should be considered, then to teach as they would at the college.

In other words, if the state thought Joe McCarthy's role should be reconsidered, the prof told the statements that in a sentence, then taught as they always had taught Joe McCarthy: a great danger to American civil liberties and a reactionary who was willing to smear others for political profit, as well as a syphilitic alcoholic in the end.

I thought that was fair.
Of course the irony in this statement is entirely lost on you. Rather than even bother with facts at all you replaced them with your own biased political hack statements. Children don't need to be told that McCarthy was 'a great danger' to anyone or should the professor EVER state something after the words 'I think.' Present the facts - THAT is what they are there for, not to twist and tell the students what to think of those facts.

The core of the problem here is there are so damn many people just like you that demand history and fact be twisted through your asinine glasses because you believe that you are 'correct.' Realize that the above statements made by you are no different than those that want to demand creationism be taught in school - that facts be taught how you see them rather than as they are.

Facts and the truth are self-evident, and will be known to Texas students eventually, in spite of the best efforts of conservatives to conceal them.
And yet you don't point out a single fact that is trying to be 'covered up' by the push pointed out in the OP. Why is that?
Correcting the right wing bias in high schools.

Problem solved.
Ah, more flat statements without any actual instances pointed out. Wonder why?

We had this problem 8 or 9 years ago, when I was a school board president in East Texas. When the college teachers at the local center asked how they were to teach their distance learning credit classes at our HS, I told them to make sure they told the students what the State Board thought those points that should be considered, then to teach as they would at the college.

In other words, if the state thought Joe McCarthy's role should be reconsidered, the prof told the statements that in a sentence, then taught as they always had taught Joe McCarthy: a great danger to American civil liberties and a reactionary who was willing to smear others for political profit, as well as a syphilitic alcoholic in the end.

I thought that was fair.
Of course the irony in this statement is entirely lost on you. Rather than even bother with facts at all you replaced them with your own biased political hack statements. Children don't need to be told that McCarthy was 'a great danger' to anyone or should the professor EVER state something after the words 'I think.' Present the facts - THAT is what they are there for, not to twist and tell the students what to think of those facts.

The core of the problem here is there are so damn many people just like you that demand history and fact be twisted through your asinine glasses because you believe that you are 'correct.' Realize that the above statements made by you are no different than those that want to demand creationism be taught in school - that facts be taught how you see them rather than as they are.

Dead wrong, young jim.

Neither creationists nor religionists have anything other than opinion.

McCarthy has a narrative with facts that lead clearly to the fact that he used smear tactics and falsehoods to attack others he thought to be his enemies.

The interpretation is based clearly on the facts.

We are never going to let you folks get away from empirical data, and we are never going to let folks like M. D. or PC misuse empirical data.

Facts and the truth are self-evident, and will be known to Texas students eventually, in spite of the best efforts of conservatives to conceal them.
And yet you don't point out a single fact that is trying to be 'covered up' by the push pointed out in the OP. Why is that?
Correcting the right wing bias in high schools.

Problem solved.
Ah, more flat statements without any actual instances pointed out. Wonder why?

Yo, we are arguing principles.

We have nothing to prove or to justify to the far right reactionaries because they will simply lie.

Empirical data develops narrative and interp.

I thought that was fair.

Dead wrong, young jim.

McCarthy has a narrative with facts that lead clearly to the fact that he used smear tactics and falsehoods to attack others he thought to be his enemies.

We are never going to let you folks get away from empirical data, and we are never going to let folks like M. D. or PC misuse empirical data.
Ah, more attempts to justify injecting your own opinion over fact. Very nice making my argument for me.

I also notice the veiled Ad hominem with 'you people.' It is worth noting that my personal opinion on McCarthyism is
completely missing from my comments.

Want to know why? They don't belong in education, period. Continue on doing exactly what you demand others not do though - it highlights your hypocrisy for all to see.

Give us a link for the photo shop.
I believe the source is right there in the very picture you are criticizing....

I asked for a link not your opinion.

Empirical data, you know.
No really. Its there, in the upper right hand corner. A web address.

That would not be 'my opinion.' It would be facts inserted into the picture from those that are pushing it. Try and actually look Jake rather than stand on your high horse.

Allow me to make some suggestions for those who have issues with content of the textbooks in your states public school system try a private school, home schooling, or consider moving to a state where the textbooks are more to your liking.

Waaahhhhhh The Lefties don't like American History... Waaaaaaaaaahhhh

direct from the Huffington Post piece.....

" Curriculum standards also will describe the U.S. government as a "constitutional republic," rather than "democratic,"

last I checked, we do have a constitutional republic vs a democracy. these idiot libs don't even know basic civics....

Waaahhhhhh The Lefties don't like American History... Waaaaaaaaaahhhh

direct from the Huffington Post piece.....

" Curriculum standards also will describe the U.S. government as a "constitutional republic," rather than "democratic,"

last I checked, we do have a constitutional republic vs a democracy. these idiot libs don't even know basic civics....
That's the problem though - anything that threatens the standard narrative that the democrats like is instantly defined as radical and political changes. The facts be damned.

So far, they have presented biased links nut not a SINGLE example of what these changes actually do that is so damn bad. Could that be because they didn't even bother to look into it? I would put money on it. The heading was all that was needed to start the salivating.

It is completely possible there are some blatantly political changes that should not be made. It sure wouldn't be the first time. It doesn't seem that they can point to a single instance though so this is all fabricated faux outrage coming right from the democrat talking points and marching orders. IOW, pathetic.

There are aspects of history and social science that are well documented and supported by facts - not left or right bias. For example certain things occurred at certain times by certain people. The thoughts and ideas of our founders are well recorded through letters, diaries and other documents. It looks like the Texas curriculum is trying invent it's own "facts" and turn education into something that isn't just "bias" but becomes indoctrination by ignoring facts in favor of dogma. We have a right to our own opinions, but not our "own facts".

This report is really enlightening and a bit frightening: http://www.tfn.org/site/DocServer/FINAL_executivesummary.pdf?docID=4625

These so-called findings are nothing more than sociological bunk with implied leanings & thinly veiled political agendas.

"A number of government & world history textbooks exaggerate Judeo-Christian influence on the nation's founding & Western political tradition".

Gee, lean much...:blahblah:

Allow me to make some suggestions for those who have issues with content of the textbooks in your states public school system try a private school, home schooling, or consider moving to a state where the textbooks are more to your liking.

Allow me to make a suggestion: take your fascist attitude and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I love the way libturds like you are always waxing sanctimoniously about democracy, but the minute the voters make a decision you don't like, they should get the hell out.

It's obvious what kind of democracy you endorse: the kind where you only get to vote in favor of what liberals want.

Go fuck yourself, you nazi asshole.

These so-called findings are nothing more than sociological bunk with implied leanings & thinly veiled political agendas.

"A number of government & world history textbooks exaggerate Judeo-Christian influence on the nation's founding & Western political tradition".

Gee, lean much...:blahblah:
Read on. It gives SPECIFIC examples. Most are, as expected, garbage BUT there are some things in there that are not only valid but asinine to include in a textbook.

I thought that was fair.

Dead wrong, young jim.

Ah, more attempts to justify injecting your own opinion over fact. Very nice making my argument for me.

I also notice the veiled Ad hominem with 'you people.' It is worth noting that my personal opinion on McCarthyism is
completely missing from my comments.

Want to know why? They don't belong in education, period. Continue on doing exactly what you demand others not do though - it highlights your hypocrisy for all to see.

The hypocrisy is you and your opinion. Want to change things, run for the school board. Understand that you will find that most of them really do understand the issues in education, and they will oppose confirmation science and revision of American history. Don't want to be one of the "you people"? Use empirical data and constructive reasoning (critical thinking) and you will have people listening to you rather than nodding their heads to the tunes in their head buds.

Allow me to make a suggestion: take your fascist attitude and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I love the way libturds like you are always waxing sanctimoniously about democracy, but the minute the voters make a decision you don't like, they should get the hell out.

It's obvious what kind of democracy you endorse: the kind where you only get to vote in favor of what liberals want.

Go fuck yourself, you nazi asshole.

You don't believe in the government of We the People, so why are you wah'ing about.

Forum List

Back