School Punishes Boy for Opposing Homosexuality

According to this website, there is another side of the story. And yes, it's a gay website so there might be some bias there. And no, I doubt you'll turn gay if you click on the link.

On the particular day in which this incident occurred, Mr. Franks was opening class when the topic of Christianity in Germany was broached by one student, who asked what churches were there, another whether they read the Bible in English, etc. Franks asserts that the topic of homosexuality was not broached in any way, and that Ary‘s assertions to the contrary are entirely false. At this point, Ary declared, with a class audience, “Gays can’t be Christians; homosexuality is wrong,” looking directly at Mr. Franks.

Franks says he understands and affirms students’ right to free speech, and that he is perfectly prepared to lead a respectful discussion on topics such as gay rights that allows for the assertion of opinions with which he disagrees. He has led such discussion in the past in his sociology classes. But in this case, hr feels the context makes it clear that this remark was made ad hominem, aimed specifically at him to devalue him and any information he might share on the topic of religion, on the basis of his perceived sexual orientation.

So the school district refuses to discuss it but they allow the teacher to give his side to a gay blog? :eusa_eh:

This whole story is just getting fishier and fishier.

According to this website, there is another side of the story. And yes, it's a gay website so there might be some bias there. And no, I doubt you'll turn gay if you click on the link.

On the particular day in which this incident occurred, Mr. Franks was opening class when the topic of Christianity in Germany was broached by one student, who asked what churches were there, another whether they read the Bible in English, etc. Franks asserts that the topic of homosexuality was not broached in any way, and that Ary‘s assertions to the contrary are entirely false. At this point, Ary declared, with a class audience, “Gays can’t be Christians; homosexuality is wrong,” looking directly at Mr. Franks.

Franks says he understands and affirms students’ right to free speech, and that he is perfectly prepared to lead a respectful discussion on topics such as gay rights that allows for the assertion of opinions with which he disagrees. He has led such discussion in the past in his sociology classes. But in this case, hr feels the context makes it clear that this remark was made ad hominem, aimed specifically at him to devalue him and any information he might share on the topic of religion, on the basis of his perceived sexual orientation.

New Details Call 'Homosexuality Is Wrong' Student's Story Into Question |Gay News|Gay Blog Towleroad

A blogger site?

You post a blogger site to back up your claims! :lmao:

New Details Call 'Homosexuality Is Wrong' Student's Story Into Question |Gay News|Gay Blog Towleroad

A blogger site?

:rolleyes: I wasn't backing up my claims. I was giving additional information that is out there on the internet. Since you suck at google.

You're welcome.

So the school district refuses to discuss it but they allow the teacher to give his side to a gay blog? :eusa_eh:

Yep. Now I'm hoping the lawsuit happens so we can get some actual details.

I don't really need to know that bad. My gut tells me they were both in the wrong. The kid for mouthing off and the teacher for overreacting.

I don't really need to know that bad. My gut tells me they were both in the wrong. The kid for mouthing off and the teacher for overreacting.
Agreed with your gut. :lol:

A blogger site?

:rolleyes: I wasn't backing up my claims. I was giving additional information that is out there on the internet. Since you suck at google.

You're welcome.

To you additional information = gossip!

ROFL. You suck at discussions.

why are we suspending the kid alone in this issue? The teacher needs to get a suspension of his own...speaking about any sexual issue in a FOREIGN LANGUAGE CLASS is not the appropriate time or place. The place for discussion on sexual issues is in a SEX ED class...and he wasn't the appropriate teacher for that. If this student simply expressed his opinion that it is wrong then the school district and the teacher both need a hard smack upside the head. I would raise hell if I knew that SEX ED was being taught in my kid's German language class.

Wrong. Sex can be discussed/taught in a sex ed class (puberty, reproduction, biological stuff, birth control, diseases), not sexuality. Two different things.

Did you miss where I said "many left leaning peeps" and not "all"? Guess so.

Nope. But if they punish you for freedom of speech? Yep.

they're teenagers...thinking about sexuality any kind of sexuality is always on their minds...my guess is that our hero was calling sombody a fag.....long before the teacher brought it up.

No it isn't, sex is always on their minds.
they are one in the same.

No they're not.

For those who don't see anything wrong with the kid getting punished for expressing his opinion . . .

If the teacher had been a KKK member, put up a pic of some hooded KKK members, threw positive comments out about the KKK in class and this kid turned around and told his classmate that he disapproved of the KKK because he thought it was wrong and subsequently got punished for saying such, what would your reaction be?

Mine would be exactly the same as it is for the kid expressing his disapproval of homosexuality. It isn't the subject matter that's the controversy here (well, it is on the teacher's end) but the fact that this kid got punished for expressing/voicing his opinion.

Let's bring it even closer to home. Let's say the teacher was a militant Christian, and made a habit of talking about how homosexuality was wrong and a sin, and posted pictures of people protesting gay marriage, with approving words about them. Let's say that as the teacher was leading a class discussion on how some countries still imprison and execute gays, a student turned to his friend and said, "I think homosexuality is okay and they should have rights", and the teacher overheard it and had the kid punished.

Would the kid still be viewed as a disruptive little punk being disrespectful of his teacher, or would he NOW be a shining hero, whose First Amendment rights the left was vociferously defending, simply because NOW he's saying something they agree with?

Here's a hint, leftist retards: if you think the kid shouldn't be punished in the example (and if you're at all honest with yourselves, you WOULD think he shouldn't be punished), then he shouldn't be punished when he says things you don't like. Rights apply to everyone, or they aren't really rights.

Exactly.

One could probably ask 5 people who were present during this incident, and get 5 different stories. I've already read 3 different articles with three different spins, and all three report something different. Now if this kid is repeatedly tormenting this young man, he should be punished. Bullying is bullying. And many gay and lesbian teens commit suicide partially because of this type of daily bullying.

Most of us witnessed it in high school. Several of the young men in my school were tormented constantly, once they and other classmates figured out that said person had "come out".

The teacher probably could have found a more tactful way to prove his point. And correct me if I'm wrong...isn't this a public school. If his parents are so upset, perhaps they should've transferred their child to a private Christian school.

It's just a very delicate subject, and there is no easy answer.

It is wrong to try and bully your fellow class mates.

Should a student be sent to the principle for saying christians are mentally ill and should have laws imposed against them?

Stating an opinion is NOT bullying.

" I think being gay is wrong" is nothing but one person's opinion which that person has every right to espouse.

"I think fat people are lazy"

"I think republicans are mean"

"I think white people are racists"

All of the above are opinions and opinions are like assholes; everybody's got one.

Get over it.

One could probably ask 5 people who were present during this incident, and get 5 different stories. I've already read 3 different articles with three different spins, and all three report something different. Now if this kid is repeatedly tormenting this young man, he should be punished. Bullying is bullying. And many gay and lesbian teens commit suicide partially because of this type of daily bullying.

Most of us witnessed it in high school. Several of the young men in my school were tormented constantly, once they and other classmates figured out that said person had "come out".

The teacher probably could have found a more tactful way to prove his point. And correct me if I'm wrong...isn't this a public school. If his parents are so upset, perhaps they should've transferred their child to a private Christian school.

the voice of reason speaks!

I hope all kids learn from this and in the future when another homosexual teacher tries to push his/her homosexual agenda on the children, they tell the teacher that homosexuality is wrong.

There is little liklihood of Queerness ever being a exceptable condition among humans.

Their deviance is merely tolerated for the entertainment value it provides.

The young man was an honor student. Typically it is the honor students who GET bullied and not the other way around. He has as much right to attend public school as anyone else.

I hope all kids learn from this and in the future when another homosexual teacher tries to push his/her homosexual agenda on the children, they tell the teacher that homosexuality is wrong.

There is little liklihood of Queerness ever being a exceptable condition among humans.

the ignorant homophobe spews!

the ignorant homophobe spews!

So you don't think Queers are entertaining, and I'm ignorant?

Baffoon.

The young man was an honor student. Typically it is the honor students who GET bullied and not the other way around. He has as much right to attend public school as anyone else.

About the honor student, yes, that is partially true. I saw gays get pissed on (literally), disgusting things thrown on them, their books knocked out of their hands, tripped. And just personally, I saw this inflicted on the gay population more than anyone else. Of course, this was in a small town in the southeast, which is notoriously intolerant of gays and lesbians.

EVERYONE, is entitled to his/her opinion. But making derogatory remarks everytime you see someone who is different than you, is wrong. If all he said was that he didn't agree with the homosexual lifestyle, then he shouldn't have been punished. But if he's screaming "fag" everytime he sees a gay....it's just plain wrong. And BTW...wasn't this a German class, or did I just misread? What the hell do LGBT issues have to do with German?

I think that most teachers have honorable intentions, (with the antibullying awareness and rules). If it can prevent another Columbine (although I don't know that anyone knows for sure that bullying was the catalyst) or one more teen suicide, the disciplinary measures are a good thing.

Bullying is a bad and very real thing. There was a school shooting at my school, where a teacher shot another teacher. Why? The students...yes the students were persecuting him. And said teacher was trying to kill everyone who was present that day, by blowing up the school.

That's a worst case scenario. But we all know that it happens. And I think that was perhaps this teacher's motive. To prevent another student from blowing a gasket. But the teacher needs to get rid of the picture that he's using. Student don't need to see slides about LGBT issues. Most people are not comfortable with them. And most gays and lesbians understand that.

And finally, public schools have many social and cultural backgrounds. My point in mentioning the Christian school, is that perhaps the child would have gotten a better education...more in line with his cultural background. But that does require lots of $$$. And yes, he does have a right to attend a public school to which his parents pay taxes to maintain.

:lol:

Google "honor student arrested" and you'll discover that not all honor students are honorable.

Bullying is a bad and very real thing. There was a school shooting at my school, where a teacher shot another teacher. Why? The students...yes the students were persecuting him. And said teacher was trying to kill everyone who was present that day, by blowing up the school.
link?

:lmao:

I'm pretty sure that would've made the national news. :thup:

Forum List

Back