SCOTUS lets Wisconsin voter ID law stand

You could have a requirement that a voter has to scratch their nose with their left hand before they can be given a ballot, and it would stand up to constitutional muster.

But it would do fuck-all to stop voter fraud.

Just so with Voter ID.

I don't know how anyone can call themselves a conservative who believes in a government program which unnecessarily interferes in one of our most precious institutions and wastes taxpayer dollars.

Those grapes? I believe they are sour.

You could have a requirement that a voter has to scratch their nose with their left hand before they can be given a ballot, and it would stand up to constitutional muster.

Just so with Voter ID.

I don't know how anyone can call themselves a conservative who believes in a government program which unnecessarily interferes in one of our most precious institutions and wastes taxpayer dollars.
Yeah yeah yeah.
But there goes teh "It's unconstitutional" meme.

Just because Wisconsin's law is being allowed does not mean all Voter ID laws are constitutional.

Laws which disenfranchise are unconstitutional, and some forms of Voter ID have been found to do so, and they have been ruled unconstitutional. Some states have had to re-write or delay their Voter ID laws because of this.

All these great things happening in Wisconsin...maybe Walker deserves a second look
yeah, the fact that his job creation numbers are below the national average.... no worries to the wingers.
Under Scott Walker Wisconsin lags U.S. in wage job growth Meet the Press host Chuck Todd says PolitiFact Wisconsin
but he abuses teachers, so wingers love him.
Oh look... the mindless, partisan, bigoted shoe-shiner adding irrelevant commentary to a topic she doesn't understand.
Color me surprised.

No restrictions on buying a gun (they claim any registration, waiting period or back ground check violates their rights) yet place restrictions on our most precious right and duty as citizens.

Conservatives, I wish you were consistent.

Maybe you should learn about the process of buying a firearm before you spout bullshit.

Have an issue? Here's a tissue...

music-notes-tissue-box.jpg

Just so with Voter ID.

Those grapes? I believe they are sour.
Not at all.

I have had a lot of fun pointing out to Voter ID rubes that fraud is not being stopped by Voter ID. For example, the Voter ID rubes worked themselves up into a real froth over a black woman who voted SIX TIMES (they used all caps when talking about her fraud in some cases) in Ohio. They made a real point that she was black, too. This SIX TIMES was their proof we need Voter ID.

Much hilarity ensued as I pointed out Ohio had Voter ID at the time she committed her fraud. You could hear their yaps clapping shut all the way from here.

Every single time, I am not exaggerating, every single time a Voter ID rube has raised an issue of voter fraud which "proves" we need Voter ID, it has been discovered that the state had Voter ID or that the fraud could not be stopped by Voter ID. Or both.

Every. Single. Time.

So go ahead and chortle over your "victory". But the thinking people know you are idiots wasting time and money and not actually stopping voter fraud. Actually, Voter ID gives the rubes a false sense of security, which means it is aiding and abetting the fraudsters.

So, no. Not sour grapes at all. We are actually having a good belly laugh at your expense. You are most amusing with your claims that Voter ID opponents "want fraud" when it is you who are acting like people who want fraud to continue.

Last edited:
No restrictions on buying a gun (they claim any registration, waiting period or back ground check violates their rights) yet place restrictions on our most precious right and duty as citizens.

Maybe you should learn about the process of buying a firearm before you spout bullshit.
Apples and oranges fallacy.

You need these in order to get a new (as opposed to renewed) free state ID that can be used for voting in WI:
Which of these do you find unnecessary for obtaining a free ID that can be used for voting, and why?

You need these in order to get a new (as opposed to renewed) free state ID that can be used for voting in WI:
Which of these do you find unnecessary for obtaining a free ID that can be used for voting, and why?
The only thing needed to vote is to prove who you are and where you live. That worked for the first 230 years.

Wow really? So anyone can walk in and buy anything they want with no ID? And how is it me that is guilty of apples to oranges, when the loon above is the one that tried to say no ID is needed for such purchases? It really is a ball of laughs watching you looney toons scramble around for more lies.

The only thing needed to vote is to prove who you are and where you live. That worked for the first 230 years.

Yep and illegal immigration used to be dealt with too. Believe it or not, there was a time when cherry picking which laws to support didn't happen. Now we have someone who does it to buy votes for his party.

Yep and illegal immigration used to be dealt with too.
Six decades ago you mean?

The most interesting fact about voter ID laws is the ferociousness with which Democrats (and it's only Democrats) try to fight them

Really. That's all you need to know. There is no legitimate reason to oppose them, and Dems fight like hell to avoid them or have them tossed out in friendly courts. What does that tell you?

I don't know, I have only been alive since the 80s.

Wow really? So anyone can walk in and buy anything they want with no ID? And how is it me that is guilty of apples to oranges, when the loon above is the one that tried to say no ID is needed for such purchases? It really is a ball of laughs watching you looney toons scramble around for more lies.
If you could read, you would have read nothing about photo ID for a gun purchase. I did mention waiting periods and registration (and I know those might be tough for you to compreh..er, ah, understand. But you made the assumption about photo ID.

and take a non issue like voter fraud away from RW's ... Hell No !

The most interesting fact about voter ID laws is the ferociousness with which Democrats (and it's only Democrats) try to fight them

Really. That's all you need to know. There is no legitimate reason to oppose them, and Dems fight like hell to avoid them or have them tossed out in friendly courts. What does that tell you?
Clearly, their concern is for their own personal and partisan political power, not protecting the right to vote.

I don't know, I have only been alive since the 80s.
Then you're correct, for once, you don't know.

Forum List

Back