Scuba boat fire: FBI investigating whether criminal violation occurred

Frannie

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2019
Santa Barbara boat fire: FBI investigating whether criminal violation occurred

Again like I began saying yesterday the FBI is investigating CRIMINAL conduct....

Got that kids

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (KABC) -- The FBI is investigating whether a criminal violation occurred in connection to the boat fire that killed 34 people last week off the Santa Barbara coast.

Federal officials said the FBI and the Coast Guard are working on the investigation jointly. The FBI doesn't investigate such a case unless it's possibly criminal, according to ABC News.

This news comes just one day after search warrants were served at the company that owned the scuba diving boat that caught fire, the Conception.

Agents with the FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and other agencies searched Truth Aquatics' offices in Santa Barbara and the company's two remaining boats on Sunday, Santa Barbara County sheriff's Lt. Erik Raney said.

Why doesn't the FBI wait until the NTSB finishes it's detained and skilled investigation? Does the FBI need positive spin since it's former leadership agents might face indictments related to an attempted political coup?

You know, it's already been noted that the fire started in the galley, right about where they set up a charging station for electronic devices. And, it was also noted that the divers had a lot of electronic gear, because they had to take turns charging their stuff.

Most rechargeable devices have lithium ion batteries, and if it's not of good quality, it can catch fire while recharging. And, I've seen how fast some of those fires can spread when the battery explodes. They burn HOT.

I'm guessing that when all is said and done, they will find out it was started by a recharging battery. If that is what started it, then all boats should be required to keep their charging stations for electronics outside and away from the living quarters.

You know, it's already been noted that the fire started in the galley, right about where they set up a charging station for electronic devices. And, it was also noted that the divers had a lot of electronic gear, because they had to take turns charging their stuff.

Most rechargeable devices have lithium ion batteries, and if it's not of good quality, it can catch fire while recharging. And, I've seen how fast some of those fires can spread when the battery explodes. They burn HOT.

I'm guessing that when all is said and done, they will find out it was started by a recharging battery. If that is what started it, then all boats should be required to keep their charging stations for electronics outside and away from the living quarters.
And not cramming 34 people on to a 10 person boat

And not cramming 34 people on to a 10 person boat

Still stuck on that deluded rant about a 10 person boat, when it was rated for more passengers than they had? True to form, you prove you are a complete moron!

Using your thinking, an aircraft carrier should only hold about 500 people instead of the nearly 7000 it carries!

Forum List

Back