Seahawks Vs The Chiefs

Seattle is going to lose, because Arrowhead Stadium is the loudest stadium in the NFL.

If THAT'S what the Chiefs are counting on they are going to have a long cold dissappointing game.

No...Seriously... much of what the Hawks run is read-option. Their plays are basic and the check off's are automatic based on what the defense positioning gives them. It is more likely the noise will affect the KC Defense more than the Seahawk Offense.

Wilson doesn't call the plays. If the communication devices in Wilson's and the OC's headset are not working properly that could become an issue but seriously Dudett.. Seattle plays in loud conditions at every home game...and at practice.

The cold will probably affect BOTH teams more than any single condition as the ball is more difficult to throw, grip catch and the ground is very hard to land upon both from being takled and flying around trying to make tackles.

Chiefs are 3-1 at home. Seahawks are 2-2 on the road.

Marshawn Lynch is a different player on the road -he averages 94 rush yards and 2.3 rush touchdowns at HOME, but only 56 yards and no scores on the road. That is a huge drop off .....

The Chiefs have one of the best pass defenses in the league. At home they are very tough and only one QB managed to gain more than 200 yards this year. The Chiefs have not allowed any rushing touchdowns at home this year either- not one.

My prediction:
A low scoring affair with the Chiefs edging the Seahawks by 3.

Seattle 17
KC 20

:thup:

Marshawn Lynch is a different player on the road -he averages 94 rush yards and 2.3 rush touchdowns at HOME, but only 56 yards and no scores on the road. That is a huge drop off .....

The Chiefs have one of the best pass defenses in the league. At home they are very tough and only one QB managed to gain more than 200 yards this year. The Chiefs have not allowed any rushing touchdowns at home this year either- not one.

My prediction:

Seattle 17
KC 20

The Hawks played their best game in 2014 ..43-8 in the cold...I believe it was right around the same temp as that predicted for Sunday. It was also an AFC West team that the Hawks beat. I believe it was an away game as well.

My prediction:

Seattle 17
KC 20

Chiefs pass defense is offset by their run defense which is only about mid-pack in the league (18th). What I do like about the Chiefs is that they blitz the least in the league choosing to drop their linebackers back and as a result they should be able to contain Wilson from big gainers on the ground. For me, the deciding factor is that the Chiefs are 3rd in the NFL in third down conversions which should tip the TOP in their favor.
My prediction: Chiefs 27
Seahawks 17

My prediction:

Seattle 17
KC 20

yes at home they are very tough.If this was the team that started off 0-2 and lost to the titans at home in the beginning it would be a field day for the seahawks but the chiefs have righted their ship since then and have beaten some good teams since then like the pats and dolphins and i just cant pick a seahawks team on the road against themn,not one that struggled to beat the chokeland faiders at HOME and their defense allowed them to make a game of it in the 4th quarter.

just had to throw this in Hug,your seahawks are mentioned so cant get too upset here.lol..You should have gone to the seahawks/rams game this year down there because-

Great seats for Seahawks-Rams MNF game can be had … for less than $8!:biggrin:

Great seats for Seahawks-Rams MNF game can be had for less than 8 Shutdown Corner - Yahoo Sports

correct me if Im wrong,but even during all the lean years when your Hawks were so horrible,I know ticket prices for games were never anywhere near THAT cheap?:lmao: see you would have had the cheapest ticket in town in football in your whole life had you gone to that game.

ticket prices were never cheap like that in seattle even when they were so bad in the lean years and thats because unlike that phony fraud team in the midwest,seattle supported their football team during those lean years.:biggrin:

Last edited:

My prediction:

Seattle 17
KC 20

Chiefs pass defense is offset by their run defense which is only about mid-pack in the league (18th). What I do like about the Chiefs is that they blitz the least in the league choosing to drop their linebackers back and as a result they should be able to contain Wilson from big gainers on the ground. For me, the deciding factor is that the Chiefs are 3rd in the NFL in third down conversions which should tip the TOP in their favor.
Seahawks 17

Nonsense!

The Chiefs are at the top or near the top in sacks with 28. Their team sack leader headed for a 20 sack year.

They don't get those numbers by staying back spying with their linebackers.

Speaking of THOSE numbers the Chiefs are 20th against the run not 18th. The Hawks are 4th against the run.

The Hawks are number one in rushing offense at 170 yards per game and the Chiefs 5th at 135.

Wilson has had 3 100 plus rushing yard games leading that catagory among QBs and 15th overall in rushing this season.

It is highly unlikely from the stats that really matter that the Chiefs can stop both Lynch AND Wilson running.

My prediction:

Seattle 17
KC 20

Seahawks 17

Nonsense!

The Chiefs are at the top or near the top in sacks with 28. Their team sack leader headed for a 20 sack year.

They don't get those numbers by staying back spying with their linebackers.

Speaking of THOSE numbers the Chiefs are 20th against the run not 18th. The Hawks are 4th against the run.

The Hawks are number one in rushing offense at 170 yards per game and the Chiefs 5th at 135.

Wilson has had 3 100 plus rushing yard games leading that catagory among QBs and 15th overall in rushing this season.

It is highly unlikely from the stats that really matter that the Chiefs can stop both Lynch AND Wilson running.

Sorry Huggy, you're wrong. Excerpt from the linked article below:
"Last year the pass rush was trickery for much of the season. Now Kansas City rarely blitzes because it does not have to. The Chiefs are crushing the quarterback with brute force."

Film room The Kansas City Chiefs have a ferocious pass rush - Arrowhead Pride

Hard nose football, good game, I thought the refs called a lax game, the Hawks were mugging receivers and didn't get called.

KC is one of the hottest teams right now. With Denvers loss today the division is up for grabs. Chiefs should have an easy win on Thursday and then 10 days to rest to prepare for Denver. That game will decide who has home field advantage.

Huggy will be here soon to lay out the excuses that his pathetically mediocre Seahawks lost game number 4.

Here is a partial list of Huggy's excuses:

1) Bad weather- It just wasn't cold enough
2) Bad officiating - ongoing bias against the SeaPigeons
3) Cheating by Chiefs - prolly cameras in the locker room or other shenanigans!!
4) Pete Carroll had a flat on his Fiat 500- couldn't focus
5) Equipment malfunction - it is very hard to fit the helmets over the Championship crowns
6) Marshawn Lynch wasn't beastly enough
7) The NFL doesn't want Seattle to win- not big enough market
8) The Chiefs are WAY WAY better than anyone thinks!
9) Richard Sherman strained his uterus
10) Pete Carroll is a lousy coach.

:rofl:

Forum List

Back