Secret Service to outspoken Obama critic: We'll come for your guns; Media silent

daveman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2010
On the way to the Dark Tower.
Secret Service to outspoken Obama critic: We'll come for your guns; Media silent
On Tuesday, Examiner.com's Harriet Baldwin reported that agents of the Secret Service visited Tom Francois, an outspoken critic of President Obama who has over 11,700 Twitter followers and warned him on their way out the door to be careful or they would come back -- for his guns. Despite the stir caused on Twitter, the story has been virtually ignored by major media outlets.

--

Francois told the agents upon questioning that he had no intention of doing harm to the president and admitted using his First Amendment right to disagree with Obama.

"Yes, I am EXTREMELY critical of Obama in my posts, but I never cross the line and threaten his being. EVER. It's just the idea of Obama's Secret Service intruding on my life when they knew I wasn't really a threat," he said.

Francois said the agents agreed he had not threatened Obama, but were concerned about his large Twitter following.

But according to Francois, one agent issued an ominous warning: "Keep in mind, if you step over the line, we'll come back for your guns."

--

Baldwin said agents also visited his daughter, saying they would turn over all information on Francois to embattled Attorney General Eric Holder.​

Jack-booted thugs.

Registration, investigation, confiscation. That's the way crooked regimes work. Next they will be tapping your phone, wait a minute they are already doing that.

Is there a difference between the U.S. and a banana republic at this point?

ETA. While I dont doubt this could have happened, I am not persuaded in reading the story that it is true. Perhaps evidence will emerge later but the lack of detail, and some other details, make me wonder.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back