Secretive Christian sect ignored sexual abuse for decades

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
The headlines read that the Christian sect ignored sexual abuse by its 'clergy'. After reading this article I'm convinced that the 'Christian sect' actually existed, in large part, to facilitate the sexual abuse of children.

In a secretive Christian sect unknown to most Americans, a reckoning is underway. Allegations of abuse that have been insular for so long are now coming to light.

Sheri Autrey was 14 when she says she was abused by a 28-year-old man who was a minister in her church. She says her abuse happened every night for two months.

Autrey grew up in a secretive sect of Christianity known by outsiders as the 2x2 church. Within the church, members refer to it as "The Truth" or "The Way" or even call it the church that has no name. What makes this religion so unique is that the ministers, known as workers, live with the congregants, moving from one member home to another, sometimes living out of a single suitcase.

Autrey's story isn't unique within her former religion. ABC News has been conducting an investigation for over a year into this organization, and has spoken to dozens of alleged survivors, from at least 34 states in the nation. The alleged abuse within the church spans generations, with some victims accusing the same perpetrator decades apart. One alleged victim said she was abused by a worker when she was 7 years old in 1955.

PHOTO: ABC News has been investigating this secretive sect known as the Two by Two church for a year, speaking to dozens of alleged victims of child sexual abuse, across more than 30 states.

ABC News has been investigating this secretive sect known as the Two by Two church for a year, speaking to dozens of alleged victims of child sexual abuse, across more than 30 states.

"The ministers stay in homes, they groom the family," Mitchell Garabedian, an attorney who represents child sexual abuse victims, including one ex-2x2 member, told ABC News. "The parents seem to have this enormous amount of trust, which is misplaced, in the religious person. And the parents are blind. Religion can be blind. Religion is great if it's used properly. But if it's not used properly, it's a disaster, it's evil."

While the FBI declined to give ABC News specifics into the ongoing investigation, Cynthia Liles, a private investigator who has been looking into the church and also runs an advocacy group, said over 900 alleged perpetrators have been named. She says she provided that information to the FBI.

The headlines read that the Christian sect ignored sexual abuse by its 'clergy'. After reading this article I'm convinced that the 'Christian sect' actually existed, in large part, to facilitate the sexual abuse of children.

In a secretive Christian sect unknown to most Americans, a reckoning is underway. Allegations of abuse that have been insular for so long are now coming to light.

Sheri Autrey was 14 when she says she was abused by a 28-year-old man who was a minister in her church. She says her abuse happened every night for two months.

Autrey grew up in a secretive sect of Christianity known by outsiders as the 2x2 church. Within the church, members refer to it as "The Truth" or "The Way" or even call it the church that has no name. What makes this religion so unique is that the ministers, known as workers, live with the congregants, moving from one member home to another, sometimes living out of a single suitcase.

Autrey's story isn't unique within her former religion. ABC News has been conducting an investigation for over a year into this organization, and has spoken to dozens of alleged survivors, from at least 34 states in the nation. The alleged abuse within the church spans generations, with some victims accusing the same perpetrator decades apart. One alleged victim said she was abused by a worker when she was 7 years old in 1955.

PHOTO: ABC News has been investigating this secretive sect known as the Two by Two church for a year, speaking to dozens of alleged victims of child sexual abuse, across more than 30 states.

ABC News has been investigating this secretive sect known as the Two by Two church for a year, speaking to dozens of alleged victims of child sexual abuse, across more than 30 states.

"The ministers stay in homes, they groom the family," Mitchell Garabedian, an attorney who represents child sexual abuse victims, including one ex-2x2 member, told ABC News. "The parents seem to have this enormous amount of trust, which is misplaced, in the religious person. And the parents are blind. Religion can be blind. Religion is great if it's used properly. But if it's not used properly, it's a disaster, it's evil."

While the FBI declined to give ABC News specifics into the ongoing investigation, Cynthia Liles, a private investigator who has been looking into the church and also runs an advocacy group, said over 900 alleged perpetrators have been named. She says she provided that information to the FBI.
Why do focus on this isolated group of Christian nutcases and ignore the massive child sex trafficking business being conducted by the Cartels?

Thank you for actually posting this.

Very sad to see.

Most Trump supporters ignore this large group of molesters for political reasons.

Get ready for excuses and dismissive statements from Trump supporters.

Why do focus on this isolated group of Christian nutcases and ignore the massive child sex trafficking business being conducted by the Cartels?
Dunno..why do you deflect from this widespread groups of multi-generational Christian nutcases with some reference to Cartels? You did see 900+ victims, right?
A group that actually has their single male clergy staying in their parishioner's homes?

Why not acknowledge that both issues are tragic...and both need redressing?

BTW..exactly where did you see me 'ignoring' child trafficking by Cartels..and others..many others, in fact?

Crack down on all of them .

More and more it looks as though there is a clinical and possible neurological shift in people generally .
Most concerning is food and drink pollution and specifically leading to testosterone reduction and excess estrogen .
Leading to changed proclivities .

Just one aspect of Deep State programming , manipulation and influencing

Crack down on all of them .

More and more it looks as though there is a clinical and possible neurological shift in people generally .
Most concerning is food and drink pollution and specifically leading to testosterone reduction and excess estrogen .
Leading to changed proclivities .

Just one aspect of Deep State programming , manipulation and influencing
You know that is all embarrassingly fucking stupid, and it wouldn't be much of a stretch to suspect you are paid for posting the laughably absurd shit that pours out of you, here.

Yet the epstein clients all get a pass from democrats like this.

The cults come in all flavors, ideologies & propaganda. One needs to be watchful for the ole "We are all one big family in this congregation with the same thoughts & desires" when involved in group studies. I have studied within groups but I find myself uncomfortable in the group environment, but not so when I attended the environment of seminars. When I study nowadays it's online in the company of our Holy Ghost. My upbringing was not ideal for sure so I learned @ a young age that there were only three folks that I could depend upon, me, I & myself. I majored(older student) in the field of sociology with a couple classes in psych(not impressed) & three classes of philosophy(deep thinking field) under my belt. My studies within the field of the humanities 'verified' for me that my concerns about the human condition(human nature) & the hive mentality were accurate. The best info I can give anyone is tell them "do not ever let anyone think for you!"

It's kind of a christen thing, this pedophilia. They try to blame it on other stuff but often enough scratch a pedo find someone who's related to the church.

Every institution where you have adult males juxtaposed with children will attract some pedophiles. Those evil-doers will do everything they can to conceal what they are up to, so it is not surprising that when it starts to come to light, it seems to "explode" with revelations cascading on one another. It is true with schools, especially boarding schools, churches, boys clubs and boy scouts, and other such organizations.

The involvement of the FBI in any of this is disturbing from a Constitutional standpoint. There is NOTHING in the Constitution that authorizes a national police force, let alone one that investigates crimes totally unrelated to Federal concerns. See the Tenth Amendment.

They might claim to be Christian but they were just a pedophile "sect". You won't find any MAGA endorsement of the so-called "2by2 church but the left conveniently forgets the time when rev. Jim Jones was the darling of the democrat party. It isn't hard to find a photo of the maniac posing with high profile democrats including 1st Lady Roselyn Carter.

Last edited:
Because the Cartels aren't Christians. The Commies only want to shed light of abuse on religious bodies as part of their Marxist agendas.
The Democrats also support the Cartels because they are facilitating EXACTLY what the Democrats want. Twenty million illegal aliens flooding the country. The other reason is a broadbrush attack on ALL Christians.

Then execute them, you good with that. Or are you just trying to diss on Christianity?

Forum List

Back