Secular scientists keep reducing the age they suppose the earth to be.

LittleNipper

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2013
The article is about the core, and when it became solid. It is not about the age of the planet as a whole.

Apparently not, from the abstract: ... "The results constrain the resistivity and thermal conductivity of hcp iron to ∼80±5  μΩ cm and ∼100±10  W m−1 K−1, respectively, at conditions near the core-mantle boundary. Our results indicate an adiabatic heat flow of ∼10±1  TW out of the core, supporting a present-day geodynamo driven by thermal and compositional convection."

The body of the paper is behind a paywall ... but there's nothing in the abstract that touches upon the age of the Earth ... unlikely this is in the conclusions, but maybe ... anyone with access the Physical Review Letters who can check for us? ... otherwise this is most likely FAKE NEWS ...

While I still believe the earth to be much younger, it would seem that scientists are being forced to squeeze more and more environmental changes in less and less time:
They did not modify the known age of the earth in that article. Please read the articles you post before posting them and commenting on them.

So, take a look a the Grand Canyon, and then tell me how long it took that to happen

So, take a look a the Grand Canyon, and then tell me how long it took that to happen

The uplift began about 75 million years ago ... as the land rose, the Colorado River cut into the soft sedimentary layers ... this was coincident with the subduction of the Farallones Plate ... I have no idea if there's evidence connecting the two events, but it does seem likely ...

That's different from the ages of the rocks that were exposed by the river ... roughly 2 billion year old strata is exposed at the very lowest portions of the Grand Canyon ...

the grand canyon maybe took a few days at the most to form ,,,
I presume you're talking about how long it took the river to carve out the canyon? How long did it take for the rocks of the canyon to be deposited, solidified and lifted a mile above sea level?
according to the geography the land was already there when the water cut through it,,,

I presume you're talking about how long it took the river to carve out the canyon? How long did it take for the rocks of the canyon to be deposited, solidified and lifted a mile above sea level?
according to the geography the land was already there when the water cut through it,,,
True enough but not an answer to my questions.

True enough but not an answer to my questions.
irrelevant to the topic,,,

but if I had to answer I would say its evident from the outcome the sediment was deposited before the breech happened and had yet to solidify,,,

Last edited:
While I still believe the earth to be much younger, it would seem that scientists are being forced to squeeze more and more environmental changes in less and less time:
There is no such thing as a secular scientist and the Earth is 5 or so billion years old

theres in no mountain at the grand canyon just a plateau,,,

That's in the Block and Fault province ... are you nuts, there's mountains all over the place in that country ... it's an old fore-arc ... doesn't change the fact that the Colorado River was flowing through there long before the area was uplifted into a plateau ... long before it was a fore-arc ...

No mountains ... that's funny ...

theres in no mountain at the grand canyon just a plateau,,,

That's in the Block and Fault province ... are you nuts, there's mountains all over the place in that country ... it's an old fore-arc ... doesn't change the fact that the Colorado River was flowing through there long before the area was uplifted into a plateau ... long before it was a fore-arc ...

No mountains ... that's funny ...
prove it,,,

Forum List

Back