Security Guards Shoots Man 22 Times And Get Charged For Murder

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
2 Security Guards Face Murder Charges After Shooting Outside Dallas Strip Club

So early New Years morning, a man became the first murder of 2019 in Dallas when he was shot multiple times by security in the parking lot of a Dallas strip club. From the article:

"Investigators determined an argument, involving a 34-year-old man, had gotten the attention of several unarmed and armed security officers. When the guards, who worked at the neighboring nightclub, attempted to stop the victim from leaving he ignored their commands and proceeded to try and drive away. The guards then opened fire and shot the victim several times"

There is footage of the shooting that captures the whole incident -- apparently the man was involved in a fight where he knocked someone out, he was attempting to leave when security arrived. It has also been reported that one of the security guards is a convicted felon, serving time in prison in 2010 for a burglary...My question is, if these were police officers, I highly doubt they would have been charged so quickly if at all - the officers could have just simply said they feared for their lives and shot the victim. After watching this video, do you feel these security guards should have been charged?

I suppose the guards could say they feared for their lives!

That's a hard case to defend. It would depend if they had the legal authority to make an arrest (citizen or police extension). Once the truck had cleared them they were no longer in imminent danger, so shots fired after that would be not subject to a stand your ground defense.

That's a hard case to defend. It would depend if they had the legal authority to make an arrest (citizen or police extension). Once the truck had cleared them they were no longer in imminent danger, so shots fired after that would be not subject to a stand your ground defense.

Pretty stupid really. The guy was leaving and no one had been hurt.

Stupid is as stupid does.

I still feel if these were police officers instead of security guards -- opinions may change....I live in Dallas and no one has demonized the guy who got killed yet, that is usually the first thing that happens in a police shooting...

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but did it really have to take twenty two bullets in order to put a stop to whatever the guy was guilty of?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but did it really have to take twenty two bullets in order to put a stop to whatever the guy was guilty of?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Its not a dumb question -- it didn't take 22 shots, I believe that is why they charged them with murder the very same day...

Forum List

Back