🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

See ya Illinois, people are leaving in droves

Will Illinois turn into another detroit?
I sure as shit hope not because Oregon is the #1 national destination for people who are moving right now. They fuck up their states, then they come here and fuck with us.
Hell, certainly no worse than people like you try to fuck up Oregon. Fortunately the Koshers are a very small minority in Oregon.

Massachussetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Washington, Oregon, California......big states experiencing exodus. Texas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Utah.....big states experiencing population growth.

Which group of states has more liberal economic policies vs. states with more conservative economic policies? Which states have higher taxes and which states are more business friendly??
Fellow, you really should do minimal research before flapping your silly yap. Oregon is experiancing population growth. It is the #1 destination state in the union.

I was talking to one of my friends today about it, and she said she thinks it's because we legalized pot lolol...and who knows, maybe it is.

""This year's data reflects longer-term trends of people moving to the Pacific West, where cities such as Portland and Seattle are seeing the combination of a boom in the technology and creative marketing industry, as well as a growing 'want' for outdoor activity and green space," said Michael Stoll, economist, professor and chair of the Department of Public Policy at the University of California, Los Angeles."

So if they want to spend more time outdoors, why the fuck do they move to a city? We get all these yahoos in the city who think because they're in Oregon, they have some sort of RIGHT to the property that they wish they owned. They think they have the right to tell the people who live there how they're supposed to live, what they're supposed to do with their property, whether or not they're allowed to sell tracts. It's insanity.

Another Communist/Progressive decaying wasteland. But the big question is, where are they all going? Even Communists/Progressives are fleeing these wastelands. So be very careful, they could be coming to your city or state.

They're very well-known for invading once peaceful prosperous areas, and quickly destroying them. So that should be a big concern. Where are they going?

Less people. More nature.
Heres the problem with that.
people in the city get tired of the city, they decide they want to move to were its not crowded, where the crime is almost non existent, where people live like humans instead of animals.
so they move to a rural area like where I am where the smallest yard is 5 acres.
They are happy for about a week then they start crying because they have to drive a few miles to the nearest store, the nearest mall is 15 miles away and there is no public transportation. And once you get enough of these idiots in the area they start working toward getting that mall, the shopping center, the stop lights etc.. and the next thing you know they have turned it in to the same shit style of living they wanted so desperately to get away from.
Then then decide they want to live in a less crowded less commercial area with less crime, so they move and start the process of destruction all over again.

Massachussetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Washington, Oregon, California......big states experiencing exodus. Texas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Utah.....big states experiencing population growth.

Which group of states has more liberal economic policies vs. states with more conservative economic policies? Which states have higher taxes and which states are more business friendly??
You could always look at what that piece of crap OweMalley did to Maryland. Ive never seen so many people migrate out of an area since Hitler went after the Jews.

people in the city get tired of the city, they decide they want to move to were its not crowded, where the crime is almost non existent, where people live like humans instead of animals.
so they move to a rural area like where I am where the smallest yard is 5 acres.
They are happy for about a week then they start crying because they have to drive a few miles to the nearest store, the nearest mall is 15 miles away and there is no public transportation. And once you get enough of these idiots in the area they start working toward getting that mall, the shopping center, the stop lights etc.. and the next thing you know they have turned it in to the same shit style of living they wanted so desperately to get away from.
Then then decide they want to live in a less crowded less commercial area with less crime, so they move and start the process of destruction all over again.

Spot On. They recreate what they fled. Eventually, the high taxes, rampant crime, and awful traffic, are what they get. That's why i say, just hope & pray they don't flee to your area. It won't end well. You'll be the one escaping next.

Spot On. They recreate what they fled. Eventually, the high taxes, rampant crime, and awful traffic, are what they get. That's why i say, just hope & pray they don't flee to your area. It won't end well. You'll be the one escaping next.
They are already moving in and complaining. the farms stink, the cows make noise, too many deer, need stores within walking distance, need a place to work on their BMWs, dont like all the pickup trucks, how dare that guy on the tractor drive down the road at 15 MPH.
I guess they dont understand that what they are fleeing from is themselves.

They are already moving in and complaining. the farms stink, the cows make noise, too many deer, need stores within walking distance, need a place to work on their BMWs, dont like all the pickup trucks, how dare that guy on the tractor drive down the road at 15 MPH.
I guess they dont understand that what they are fleeing from is themselves.

FINE BY ME.

LET THEM STAY UP IN YANKEELAND.

You folks please don't decide to move to Florida. We're backwards down here. We don't have a state income tax nor do we pay sales tax on groceries. Our women run around in little skimpy bikinis all the time. We don't put salt on our roads, we keep it in our ocean and Gulf. We don't have snow plows digging up our roads and piling filthy snow high on our road sides. Our electric bills are some of the lowest in the nation. Many of us only have light jackets and sweaters to wear since our winters are mild. New brick homes of 2.000 square feet are very affordable. Many homes have swimming pools. It is January 8 and my grass is still green. I had to mow it this week. We hardly ever awaken in the morning to find ice on our windshields. The biggest thing though is the scandalous way our women dress and lie around on boats, poolside, and on our brilliantly white beaches. You folks wouldn't like it down here. You would find it appalling the way our women run around in the very tiniest of bikinis that leave little to the imagination.

Ditto to all those don't come down here to straighten us out. Yankee go home and clean up your own mess, although south Florida should break off and float back up to New England, Canada, Ohio and Michigan. We're all,so backwards down here but they all want to move in with us.

KG I should apologize. I am more than usually upset with our commander in chief and his followers that I am not paying enough attention, but a few observations on the destination thing.

For one, this is about well to do people who can afford a big moving van, the elites. Second this is only about incoming vs outgoing so it doesn't necessarily mean there is a large volume. Third it doesn't take into account illegal immigration( of which there was plenty when we were on the Oregon coast this summer) and low income, maybe hippie types, coming in for the pot.

As an aside, we hiked on Mt.Baker and on our way down we stopped at a couple of spots. One to get some sweets and refreshments. There we met a young lady running the shop who was very nice but very stoned to the bone. A little bit farther down the road we checked out our first pot shop. We were pretty much still in the country on a ski mt. road. The shop had two big glass cases with dozens of pot varieties on sale. I said man I don't even know where to start, how do you figure out what you want. The aging flower guy said, well this case over here is for if you want to smoke and then go out and cut the yard( what he meant was if you had to work), this other case was for if you wanted to just sit on your couch and get stoned out of your gourd, you know travel to lala land or visit your neighborhood universe. Oregon is getting something like 30 to 50 percent of the rather pricey cost of this ganga. It was a trip and an eye opener. I will take the fifth on any personal sampling, I will just suggest that the edibles really deserve strong consideration.

Oregon is gorgeous and citizens there seem committed to keeping it that way.

I was looking at Oregon, but it is being flooded. Literally and figuratively. Lovely state. But..it won't be for much longer. Wyoming is cold, in the boondocks, not a heck of a lot of people, and that is my goal. Sigh. Used to be Maui but now I am wanting to go the other way.
Well let's hope against hope Oregon stays beautiful. Outside the population centers of Portland and Eugene, were sane, decent people.

I've been eyeballing Bend Oregon. Did take a look at Coos Bay but city-data had some bad reviews of the town. Roseburg looks good too. Then again, Klamath Falls is right on the border of Cali and Ore.
I have a friend in Wyo, so we might wind up there possibly. Not sure. And if so, it won't be for at least another year or two. By then, we might be too decrepit to do what needs done (property managers).
In short, I ain't going anywhere until we are told to leave and so far, the landlord has not said to go. I don't think he will either, but if he dies...his family will want this house back lickety split so they can sell it. HE thinks they want it for sentimental value. Um. No. They want the money it will fetch.

Forum List

Back