Seizing Trump’s New York properties will not be easy for Letitia James

Why can’t he just borrow the money from Son in Law Jared Kushner?
ivanka who.jpg

Think it through as if it was your house being grabbed. You lose it immediately and in the case of Trump's properties, he loses all income or benefits coming from the property. The paper wok comes later, except for James attaching a price to the property.

Would you like to have your enemy attach a price to your house?

Actually the paperwork to seize real estate property comes first.

The Sherriff isn't going to show up at your door to evict you from your house without a court order.

In terms of my house there are also limitations on the application of judgements against an individual persons privately owned primary residence which can delay the process for months.

In terms of corporate entities I agree he would essentially loose all income from corporate properties under judgement control as any "profits" would be applied to the remaining judgement balance.

WW

In terms of corporate entities I agree he would essentially loose all income from corporate properties under judgement control as any "profits" would be applied to the remaining judgement balance.

WW
Income and financial benefits.

So now you get it!

It would make more sense to consider the losses involved to Trump during the transactions of taking the properties and then handing them back. They're not taken away from Trump forever you know?

The Sherriff isn't going to show up at your door to evict you from your house without a court order.

In terms of my house there are also limitations on the application of judgements against an individual persons privately owned primary residence which can delay the process for months.

WW
They'll seize the real estate assets, but won't liquidate until the appeal is heard. They can use the profits from the operation to reduce the amount.

P.S. Are they going to get him on "Collusion" soon? What happened to that?

Now we've downgraded it from "THE PRESIDENT IS A RUSSIAN ASSET" to "eh, he overvalued some real estate".

Just glad you're not grasping at straws or anything.

WW
So the foreign arm of the American Shithouse Lawyers Assn. has weighed in on American juris prudence. Now we can all say we are properly informed. ROTFLMFAO.

If FPOTUS#45 doesn't either:
  • Post the bond through a surety backer,
  • Post the escrow based on liquid assets,
  • Post a hybrid solution in cooperation with the State to the Judge,
  • Get an enforcement suspension from the appeals court

I would expect the State to go after assets in the following order:
  • Liquid personal and corporate bank accounts.
  • None real estate assets that can be quickly sold, such as: Trump Force One, Citation (corporate jet), and multiple helicopters in addition to such things as art work and other valuables that can be seized and sold.
  • Liens on property to prevent it sale pending full satisfaction of the judgement.

While seizing real estate makes the biggest headlines, my gut tells me that they would be the lowest on the list since they will involve other 3rd parties making the process much longer.

WW
All she has is assets in New York. Of those, assets not the property of lienholders or shareholders. None of the property is actually saleable since there won't be a buyer anywhere in the world.

All she has is assets in New York.

Actually she has access to assets located in anyone of 48 states that has enforcement of out of state judgement laws.

Of those, assets not the property of lienholders or shareholders. None of the property is actually saleable since there won't be a buyer anywhere in the world.

Not sure where this is coming from unless it's from the viewpoint of "must say something for Trump and against James".

For example, Trump Tower. If Trump owns the ground floor, parking garage, and his penthouse. Then those assets get seized, not mercenarily the whole building. The judgement isn't just against Trump as an individual, you knew that right? It's against the Trump Organization so "shareholders" and "investors" in the Trump Organization are irrelevant. Now if you meant mortgage companies that have outstanding loans that is a different issue and will be part of the pay off of selling the property.

WW

Think it through as if it was your house being grabbed. You lose it immediately and in the case of Trump's properties, he loses all income or benefits coming from the property. The paper wok comes later, except for James attaching a price to the property.

Would you like to have your enemy attach a price to your house?
Except that none of Trump's properties are wholly owned by Trump as it is in the case 9f your unfortunate home owner. New York has no right to take the property of investors. Just imagine the state of real estate investment if she tried. It's coming anyway.

Actually she has access to assets located in anyone of 48 states that has enforcement of out of state judgement laws.

Not sure where this is coming from unless it's from the viewpoint of "must say something for Trump and against James".

For example, Trump Tower. If Trump owns the ground floor, parking garage, and his penthouse. Then those assets get seized, not mercenarily the whole building. The judgement isn't just against Trump as an individual, you knew that right? It's against the Trump Organization so "shareholders" and "investors" in the Trump Organization are irrelevant. Now if you meant mortgage companies that have outstanding loans that is a different issue and will be part of the pay off of selling the property.

WW
Just get the courts of those states to agree. This is more about the end of New York than the end of Trump.

Except that none of Trump's properties are wholly owned by Trump as it is in the case 9f your unfortunate home owner. New York has no right to take the property of investors. Just imagine the state of real estate investment if she tried. It's coming anyway.
Judging by all of your comments, you don't seem to understand. You can start by understanding that the properties aren't taken away from Trump forever unless he defects to Russia, China, or some other country.

Forum List

Back