Selective Feminism

Authorities? LMAO

Whatever the 'authorities' say about the authenticity of the piece, the accepted and expected approach when you re-post or re-publish work you have written is to cite the original place and time you posted it or published it. That is what people who know what they are doing do. Had you done so, the controversy would not have arisen.

Last edited:
But back to this:

Where was all the outrage from women on the left when this was published in 2008?

Playboy On Conservative Women: "Castration Has Begun To Look Appealing"

Or this?

“Now when I read her stuff, I imagine her narrating her text, book-on-tape style, with a big, hairy set of b*lls in her mouth.”

-Matt Taibbi, Rolling Stone, April 16, 2009

Teabagging Michelle Malkin | The Smirking Chimp

What about this?

... [Michelle Malkin is a] “big mashed-up bag of meat with lipstick on it”

...[On conservative and Glenn Beck protege, S.E. Cupp] “On so many levels she’s a perfect demonstration of the necessity of the work Planned Parenthood does”.

-Former MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann

Keith Olbermann Apologizes To SE Cupp And Michelle Malkin, Suspends Worst Persons Again | Mediaite

Keith Olbermann | SE Cupp | Planned Parenthood | Mediaite

What about this?

[On Fox News Anchor Laura Ingrahm] “President Obama is going to be visiting Joplin, Mo., on Sunday, but you know what [Republicans are] talking about, like this right-wing slut, what’s her name? Laura Ingraham?” Schultz said on the air. “Yeah, she’s a talk slut. You see, she was, back in the day, praising President Reagan when he was drinking a beer overseas. But now that Obama’s doing it, they’re working him over.”

-MSNBC Anchor Ed Schultz on "The Ed Show

Ed Schultz suspended from MSNBC after calling Laura Ingraham a ?right wing slut? - The Washington Post

In one fell swoop, conservative "Psycho Talker" Phyllis Schafly [sic] has attacked welfare recipients and unmarried women with children. It doesn`t get any better than this when it comes to "Psycho Talk." I've got some choice words for the wicked witch of the Midwest tonight – and that`s what she is.

-MSNBC Anchor Ed Schultz on "The Ed Show"

Schultz Slams ?Wicked Witch? Schlafly; Winstead: Heidi Harris ?Teabagging Carol Brady,? Schlafly ?Empties Bowels Thru Mouth' | NewsBusters

Authorities? LMAO

Whatever the 'authorities' say about the authenticity of the piece, the accepted and expected approach when you re-post or re-publish work you have written is to cite the original place and time you posted it or published it. That is what people who know what they are doing do. Had you done so, the controversy would not have arisen.

And? You folks decided to incite the controversy, not me. I do believe this article struck a nerve, and instead of responding cogently to it, you decided to launch a smear campaign against me. How typically liberal of you.

But back to this:

Where was all the outrage from women on the left when this was published in 2008?

Or this?

“Now when I read her stuff, I imagine her narrating her text, book-on-tape style, with a big, hairy set of b*lls in her mouth.”

What about this?

... [Michelle Malkin is a] “big mashed-up bag of meat with lipstick on it”

...[On conservative and Glenn Beck protege, S.E. Cupp] “On so many levels she’s a perfect demonstration of the necessity of the work Planned Parenthood does”.

-Former MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann

Keith Olbermann Apologizes To SE Cupp And Michelle Malkin, Suspends Worst Persons Again | Mediaite

What about this?

[On Fox News Anchor Laura Ingrahm] “President Obama is going to be visiting Joplin, Mo., on Sunday, but you know what [Republicans are] talking about, like this right-wing slut, what’s her name? Laura Ingraham?” Schultz said on the air. “Yeah, she’s a talk slut. You see, she was, back in the day, praising President Reagan when he was drinking a beer overseas. But now that Obama’s doing it, they’re working him over.”

-MSNBC Anchor Ed Schultz on "The Ed Show

Ed Schultz suspended from MSNBC after calling Laura Ingraham a ?right wing slut? - The Washington Post

In one fell swoop, conservative "Psycho Talker" Phyllis Schafly [sic] has attacked welfare recipients and unmarried women with children. It doesn`t get any better than this when it comes to "Psycho Talk." I've got some choice words for the wicked witch of the Midwest tonight – and that`s what she is.

Schultz Slams ?Wicked Witch? Schlafly; Winstead: Heidi Harris ?Teabagging Carol Brady,? Schlafly ?Empties Bowels Thru Mouth' | NewsBusters

What exactly kind of response are you expecting here, TK?

Is there some representative elected by "women on the left" as a spokesperson? Or are you expecting all women on the left to sign up on USMB to reply one at a time?

How does this collective consciousness thing work exactly?

I'm not a woman so I can't even answer these, but I just wonder what the point is. But then ----- neither are you, so I'm not sure you're qualified to ask.

Btw I notice that most of your citations above carry their own apologies. So what's the point? I also notice that Schultz's "slut" comment was meant metaphorically, not sexually, so that doesn't even apply. But thanks for that, I didn't know that before.

But back to this:

Or this?

What about this?

What about this?

Is there some representative elected by "women on the left" as a spokesperson? Or are you expecting all women on the left to sign up on USMB to reply one at a time?

I'm not a woman so I can't even answer these, but I just wonder what the point is. But then ----- neither are you, so I'm not sure you're qualified to ask.

Btw I notice that most of your citations above carry their own apologies. So what's the point? I also notice that Schultz's "slut" comment was meant metaphorically, not sexually, so that doesn't even apply. But thanks for that, I didn't know that before.

Apparently, before those apologies, the only outcry was from the right. All crickets on the left. You can sit there and justify these comments by your own merits, but you don't refer to a woman as a slut or anything else derogatory. So why didn't anyone from the left speak out about it?

"Sorry" won't cut it in this case.

Apparently, before those apologies, the only outcry was from the right. All crickets on the left. You can sit there and justify these comments by your own merits, but you don't refer to a woman as a slut or anything else derogatory. So why didn't anyone from the left speak out about it?

Once again, WHO are you expecting to respond?? You keep on this "anyone from the left" game. Who is "anyone from the left" supposed to be exactly? Is there some Senator (L) who speaks for "the left"? Some Congresscritter? Press Secretary? Do you imagine that the entire left meets in a closet somewhere and decides what to think that day?

When you make a blanket statement like "why didn't anyone from the left do X", you've doomed your point to failure. You know that, right? What you're fertilizing here is a grand production of argumentum ad populum: "everybody knows nobody on the left did this, everybody on the right did that". There's no way that kind of argument ever works. Ever.

Most of the events you relate here, I never even heard of. The Schultz thing I had heard of, but you finally gave the context away in your post, so now I can see it was not what it was purported to be. Sadly that context is missing from the rest of the examples, so I'm afraid you really haven't presented anything.

The idea that "the entire left" does this or "the entire right" does that, especially when you're talking individual personality traits, that just ain't rational.

Once again, WHO are you expecting to respond?? You keep on this "anyone from the left" game. Who is "anyone from the left" supposed to be exactly? Is there some Senator (L) who speaks for "the left"? Some Congresscritter? Press Secretary? Do you imagine that the entire left meets in a closet somewhere and decides what to think that day?

When you make a blanket statement like "why didn't anyone from the left do X", you've doomed your point to failure. You know that, right? What you're fertilizing here is a grand production of argumentum ad populum: "everybody knows nobody on the left did this, everybody on the right did that". There's no way that kind of argument ever works. Ever.

Most of the events you relate here, I never even heard of. The Schultz thing I had heard of, but you finally gave the context away in your post, so now I can see it was not what it was purported to be. Sadly that context is missing from the rest of the examples, so I'm afraid you really haven't presented anything.

The idea that "the entire left" does this or "the entire right" does that, especially when you're talking individual personality traits, that just ain't rational.

You've done nothing but try to disprove my thread with anecdotes, Pogo. Saying that you simply never heard of it therefore it might lack credence is argumentum ad ignorantiam. If my argument is ad populum, I'd like to see examples of where any women on the left ever spoke out against these things. Especially the comments by Olbermann and Schultz.

You've done nothing but try to disprove my thread with anecdotes, Pogo. Saying that you simply never heard of it therefore it might lack credence is argumentum ad ignorantiam. If my argument is ad populum, I'd like to see examples of where any women on the left ever spoke out against these things. Especially the comments by Olbermann and Schultz.

Okay.... how would you look that up exactly? Is there a database of "women on the left" that we can query? Something that contains everything anybody ever said or wrote?

And maybe this is a better question: what's the objective behind the question? Are you actually trying to prove a negative, and moreover, thereby prove a blanket statement?

I can't "disprove" a thread that's asking a question. Nobody can "disprove" a question. What I'm looking for is in what way it IS a question that can be asked legitimately at all.

And I'm saying I never heard of these things because they're obviously not what makes the news world go 'round. That's not going to make looking up every quote every woman on the left ever uttered or wrote any easier. They're obscure. And I might add, from some questionable sources I didn't bother to proofread (Newsbusters? Really?). It has nothing to do with credence (and we already mentioned John Fogerty once tonight) so don't put words in my mouth. That's Kaz's job.

Last edited:

Okay.... how would you look that up exactly? Is there a database of "women on the left" that we can query?

And maybe this is a better question: what's the objective behind the question? Are you actually trying to prove a negative, and moreover, thereby prove a blanket statement?

I can't "disprove" a thread that's asking a question. Nobody can "disprove" a question. What I'm looking for is in what way it IS a question that can be answered legitimately.

And I'm saying I never heard of these things because they're obviously not what makes the news world go 'round. That's not going to make looking up every quote every woman on the left ever uttered or wrote any easier.

Easy, you won't find it. It isn't a blanket statement if it can be proven.

Okay.... how would you look that up exactly? Is there a database of "women on the left" that we can query?

I can't "disprove" a thread that's asking a question. Nobody can "disprove" a question. What I'm looking for is in what way it IS a question that can be answered legitimately at all.

And I'm saying I never heard of these things because they're obviously not what makes the news world go 'round. That's not going to make looking up every quote every woman on the left ever uttered or wrote any easier. It has nothing to do with credence (and we already mentioned John Fogerty once tonight) so don't put words in my mouth. That's Kaz's job.

I wasn't putting words in your mouth. Your reaction of "I never heard of it" suggested to me you were simply dismissing them for want of hearing or reading about them.

I can't "disprove" a thread that's asking a question. Nobody can "disprove" a question. What I'm looking for is in what way it IS a question that can be answered legitimately.

And I'm saying I never heard of these things because they're obviously not what makes the news world go 'round. That's not going to make looking up every quote every woman on the left ever uttered or wrote any easier.

That's insane.

So you actually propose to interview literally "every woman on the left" and get a "no" from each and every one.

Good luck with that. :cuckoo:

I can't "disprove" a thread that's asking a question. Nobody can "disprove" a question. What I'm looking for is in what way it IS a question that can be answered legitimately at all.

And I'm saying I never heard of these things because they're obviously not what makes the news world go 'round. That's not going to make looking up every quote every woman on the left ever uttered or wrote any easier. It has nothing to do with credence (and we already mentioned John Fogerty once tonight) so don't put words in my mouth. That's Kaz's job.

I wasn't putting words in your mouth. Your reaction of "I never heard of it" suggested to me you were simply dismissing them for want of hearing or reading about them.

That's merely what you chose to infer. I neither said that nor implied it.

But since you mention it ----- is not "I never heard of it" exactly what you're saying about this mysterious collective voice of "all leftist women", who as we all know all think exactly alike, and are all made out of ticky tacky and they all look just the same?

That's a song lyric by the way, written by a leftist woman.

Last edited:

That's insane.

So you actually propose to interview literally "every woman on the left" and get a "no" from each and every one.

No, I've actually done the research. I have tried looking for instances of liberal outcry over this type of misogyny. I have failed, Pogo.

That's insane.

No, I've actually done the research. I have tried looking for instances of liberal outcry over this type of misogyny. I have failed, Pogo.

And where did you look? Newsbusters? :rofl:

But since you mention it ----- is not "I never heard of it" exactly what you're saying about this mysterious collective voice of "all leftist women", who as we all know all think exactly alike, and are all made out of ticky tacky and they all look just the same?

Uhh what?

Authorities? LMAO

And? You folks decided to incite the controversy, not me. I do believe this article struck a nerve, and instead of responding cogently to it, you decided to launch a smear campaign against me. How typically liberal of you.

Not in my case. I have found the subject to be a complete yawn and have only once addressed a post about the subject. I happen to be an actual authority on the voice and style of published writers (a more than 25 year career in this area & 6 years of university), and I questioned whether, based on posts of yours I have read, you had written the initial post . If you can direct me to others of your posts that are in the same style as the initial post, but which are on USMB, please do. And please understand that though I have questioned your writing the initial post in this thread, that in no way suggests you are a good or accomplished writer. I have had this issue come up before when I questioned whether or not an individual had written what he claimed as his own work. What my doubt suggests to me is that you have learned to copy the style and tone of online blogging, and, apparently, you believe, as do other online bloggers, that it is good writing. It isn't.

Last edited:

Uhh what?

The reference is to "Little Boxes", written by Malvina Reynolds. The entire song is a protest against conformity, referring to houses of America and their inhabitants as "little boxes, all made out of ticky tacky and they all look just the same". It's a mocking of the idea that people are or can be force-fit into nice little boxes all the same. Like you're attempting to do here, painting "all leftist women" as thinking in lockstep, all made out of ticky tacky and all looking just the same.

Which I find hilarious.

Hang on though...

I thought you said "leftist women" before. Now it's liberals? Which one?

Last edited:
That's insane.

And where did you look? Newsbusters? :rofl:

Actually, no. Your fallacy of damning the source notwithstanding...

Uhh what?

The reference is to "Little Boxes", written by Malvina Reynolds. The entire song is a protest against conformity, referring to houses of America and their inhabitants as "little boxes, all made out of ticky tacky and they all look just the same". It's a mocking of the idea that people are or can be force-fit into nice little boxes all the same. Like you're attempting to do here, painting "all leftist women" as thinking in lockstep, all made out of ticky tacky and all looking just the same.

Which I find hilarious.

Then if I'm wrong, I challenge you to prove me wrong. I implore you. I've given my argument, you've literally and summarily dismissed it. That to me is unsatisfactory.

Forum List

Back