Selective Feminism

And that's also what you said on the way out the door last time with your ass in my hand. Good to know the learning process is still a voluntary proposition.

Amazing isn't it? Just because somebody never said something, it somehow means they never said it. What a world. That's no fun.

See you next lie, liar. Wear the L proudly.

Thanks, and can you let go of my ass with your hand now? I'm not into that.

:gay:

I get why you kept calling me a girl now, I thought it was related to the discussion. My bad.

"Girl" is yet another word I haven't used. But hey, that's never stopped you making shit up before, has it?

Lying asshole.

It's fun to screw with someone as angry as you are. You used the word "she" so when I say you called me a "female" and a "girl" that I was being a "liar."

I take it back, you are fun.

ou bring up an interesting pt, imo. I can say "Bill Clinton's a bastard." That's rude. But is calling Hill a bitch any different? I dunno. I think it's less gentlemanly to use bitch than bastard, but I'm probably a male chauvinist.

I don't think I've ever heard a Republican leader on national television, refer to any President or presidential candidate, past or present, as a "bastard", but I've heard more than one Republican leader refer to Hillary as a "bitch".

This is true for women of either party.

Oh, I dunno. I know Halprin called obama "a dick" on morning joe, and got punished. But, I don't recall anyone calling Hill a bitch on TV. Privately, sure. But, "dick" implies petty, jerk, disengenuous .... I'd say "bitch" implies nagging and perhaps emasculating. I'm just not sure I'm willing to make a moral or social judgment that one's worse than the other. BUT, I don't think it's right in either case.

I agree with the rest of your post. There's a double standard. Christie is HUGE, so I'd leave him aside. Haley Barbour knew he'd have no chance, but it was his southern drawl, and he'd have easily dropped another 25 pounds if he was serious. People made jokes that Obama only weighed 110 pounds, but 100 of it was ego. That's a lot different from the cracks about Hillary, who frankly looks like most women who are 67.

I don't think a fat person is electable, and a male probably needs to be 5-10 at least. But the cracks about women are different. Males don't have to look like Harrison Ford, but its somehow bad for women to not look like Julia Roberts, and of course, few do.

I thought the clothes criticism of Palin unfair. First, Biden's suits look a bit pricy to me. Second, and I don't mean this snidely but merely as a fact, the Palin family really looked like they lived in Alaska and hunted and fished most of the time. She needed the clothes. They revealed she was not ready for prime time, but it was mean spirited and picked on her physically.

Great summary. I don't think either that elected politicians or journalists should be calling people names. At least not in public. And both parties do it. I have a hard time taking the Republicans attack women line seriously though with what's been said about the list of women I gave. Particularly Palin, Coulter, Rice and Bachmann. Wow, with what has been said about them to Democratic Party silence compared to Hillary is just an incredible double standard.

I thought the clothes criticism of Palin unfair. First, Biden's suits look a bit pricy to me. Second, and I don't mean this snidely but merely as a fact, the Palin family really looked like they lived in Alaska and hunted and fished most of the time. She needed the clothes. They revealed she was not ready for prime time, but it was mean spirited and picked on her physically.

I'm not sure if you meant my criticism of her clothes or the media criticism, but I do want to clarify that I intended no criticism of Sarah's wardrobe, pre or post campaign. I thought that the make over given Pallin, was probably a wise thing to do, but shouldn't have been necessary in the first place.

I'm frequently disgusted with comments I read here about Michelle's Obama's "fat ass". The woman is in her mid-forties and has given birth to 2 children. Maybe I'm sensitive because my butt isn't as small as it was before I had kids too.

Most people today apply anorexic standards based on air brushed pictures of teenage models and movie stars, people whose jobs entail being thin and beautiful, not real people who aren't professionally beauties.

I certainly hope no elected politician said that about Michelle. Not defending it, but her demand to have government make people's food choices for them has certainly drawn ire from people who don't believe it's government's role.

You mention Palin, so, are you disgusted with comments made about her by Democrats? You didn't actually say that you were.

I'm not sure if you meant my criticism of her clothes or the media criticism, but I do want to clarify that I intended no criticism of Sarah's wardrobe, pre or post campaign. I thought that the make over given Pallin, was probably a wise thing to do, but shouldn't have been necessary in the first place.

I'm frequently disgusted with comments I read here about Michelle's Obama's "fat ass". The woman is in her mid-forties and has given birth to 2 children. Maybe I'm sensitive because my butt isn't as small as it was before I had kids too.

Most people today apply anorexic standards based on air brushed pictures of teenage models and movie stars, people whose jobs entail being thin and beautiful, not real people who aren't professionally beauties.

I certainly hope no elected politician said that about Michelle. Not defending it, but her demand to have government make people's food choices for them has certainly drawn ire from people who don't believe it's government's role.

You mention Palin, so, are you disgusted with comments made about her by Democrats? You didn't actually say that you were.

Who cares if she didn't say it? Just plug in what you want, like you liars do. DeNial surely hasn't dried up already?

I don't think I've ever heard a Republican leader on national television, refer to any President or presidential candidate, past or present, as a "bastard", but I've heard more than one Republican leader refer to Hillary as a "bitch".

Oh, I dunno. I know Halprin called obama "a dick" on morning joe, and got punished. But, I don't recall anyone calling Hill a bitch on TV. Privately, sure. But, "dick" implies petty, jerk, disengenuous .... I'd say "bitch" implies nagging and perhaps emasculating. I'm just not sure I'm willing to make a moral or social judgment that one's worse than the other. BUT, I don't think it's right in either case.

I agree with the rest of your post. There's a double standard. Christie is HUGE, so I'd leave him aside. Haley Barbour knew he'd have no chance, but it was his southern drawl, and he'd have easily dropped another 25 pounds if he was serious. People made jokes that Obama only weighed 110 pounds, but 100 of it was ego. That's a lot different from the cracks about Hillary, who frankly looks like most women who are 67.

I don't think a fat person is electable, and a male probably needs to be 5-10 at least. But the cracks about women are different. Males don't have to look like Harrison Ford, but its somehow bad for women to not look like Julia Roberts, and of course, few do.

Great summary. I don't think either that elected politicians or journalists should be calling people names. At least not in public. And both parties do it. I have a hard time taking the Republicans attack women line seriously though with what's been said about the list of women I gave. Particularly Palin, Coulter, Rice and Bachmann. Wow, with what has been said about them to Democratic Party silence compared to Hillary is just an incredible double standard.

I try to ignore it from both sides. I mean you can laugh and Condi's gaffe over being W's wife (or whatever) but frankly Slick was hugely entertaining. As to Hillary, my wife said about Slick "maybe she loves him." Maybe so. Personal foibles and gaffes. Bachmann is physically stunning, and the funny thing her husband may be bisexual. We can laugh, but throwing stones at glass houses is not wise.

But to be fair, I have to admit there is a double standard as to the physical looks of women compared to men. Slick was chubby and had that red nose and impish grin. There was something a little endearing. You wouldn't leave him alone with an 18 year old daughter, but still....

And going after kids .... both do it.

We still are a misogynist culture. Neither side is innocent.

Last edited:

Who cares if she didn't say it? Just plug in what you want, like you liars do. DeNial surely hasn't dried up already?

I read back and she did say she objected to Bill Maher, who used a term that's not even allowed on this site. I'd be interested if she objects to personal attacks/name calling on Palin from people in the actual party though since she says she is against when Republicans do that to Hillary.

No need. I AM THE AUTHOR. How many times must I get that through people's thick skulls?

Ok so you are the Author: RightWingExtremist ? ( still better for you to state it upfront in my opinion)

I don't like any party demeaning women.

:cool:

Yes.

Of course you don't. But I also don't like people telling me what I should do with my own work. Tyvm.

I try to ignore it from both sides. I mean you can laugh and Condi's gaffe over being W's wife (or whatever) but frankly Slick was hugely entertaining. As to Hillary, my wife said about Slick "maybe she loves him." Maybe so. Personal foibles and gaffes. Bachmann is physically stunning, and the funny thing her husband may be bisexual. We can laugh, but throwing stones at glass houses is not wise.

But to be fair, I have to admit there is a double standard as to the physical looks of women compared to men. Slick was chubby and had that red nose and impish grin. There was something a little endearing. You wouldn't leave him alone with an 18 year old daughter, but still....

I have to agree to the double standard on looks for women. Women don't have to be models, but guys who are butt ugly are far less disadvantaged than unattractive women are. I partially agree with the attacks on kids, I think that one is avoided more by both sides from the actual party leaders. Politicians can't control what pundits and entertainers who support their party say.

I read back ...

Well that's certainly a new approach. :thup:

Careful with that, you might actually learn something. But what a drag, having to use what's actually on the record. :rolleyes:

No need. I AM THE AUTHOR. How many times must I get that through people's thick skulls?

Ok so you are the Author: RightWingExtremist ? ( still better for you to state it upfront in my opinion)

Yes.

Of course you don't. But I also don't like people telling me what I should do with my own work. Tyvm.

Hey TK...

Have we figured out who wrote that thing yet?

:scared1:

I have to agree to the double standard on looks for women. Women don't have to be models, but guys who are butt ugly are far less disadvantaged than unattractive women are. I partially agree with the attacks on kids, I think that one is avoided more by both sides from the actual party leaders. Politicians can't control what pundits and entertainers who support their party say.

But pols can speak out. And they have to. Slick rightly got a lot of credit for his Sista Soulja moment. When not a single goper had the stones to call out Rush over the Fluke comment, it cost him a lot of female votes, and quite possibly there will be a gender gap hangover in 16.

And there is a matter of policy. When Mitt said "we're gonna end that" for federal aid for planned parenthood to provide mamograms and basic female healthcare, that left a mark. And to be honest, it shocked the crap out of me that a mainstream goper would ever say such a thing. Preventive care is cost efficient. And, I don't think he would have said that if it were preventive care for males. Males largely don't get that preventive care, because most of us don't need it till we get older. It was sort of a chrisitan conservative (mormon if you will ) moment. They don't get it.

Reagan or BushI or even W would never have gone there. Their wives taught them better.

but yeah, a double standard, and both parties bag (-: on female pols looks.

I did say that I found Bill Maher's comments disgusting. I haven't seen or heard any Democratic Party officials and spokespeople calling her a bitch or other names, as has happened with Hillary.

I don't think that name calling is healthy to the political process, but then there is so much happening in the American political process that is unhealthy and not helpful. That's true of both sides.

In his classic study “Democracy in America”, Alexis de Tocqueville included this gem:

“There are people in Europe who, confounding together the different characteristics of the sexes, would make man and woman into beings not only equal but alike. They would give to both the same functions, impose on both the same duties, and grant to both the same rights; they would mix them in all things–their occupations, their pleasures, their business. It may readily be conceived that by thus attempting to make one sex equal to the other, both are degraded, and from so preposterous a medley of the works of nature nothing could ever result but weak men and disorderly women.”

Alexis de Tocqueville?s Prescient Gaze | Chateau Heartiste

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Why would a feminist defend Sarah Palin? She opposes abortion. She opposes women's rights, although she has benefitted greatly from the women's movement herself.

Bill Maher is a mysogynistic asshole, but he's also a comedian which means he is making jokes, as is David Letterman. Both are known to make jokes which are in poor taste from time to time. Liberals don't take comedians all that seriously.

Rush Limbaugh is a conservative leader that Republicans take very seriously. Big difference.

And Clementine, Sandra Fluke is a law student who was paying $4000 per year for health insurance as part of her tuition at a very expensive Catholic University. The student federation elected her to speak on behalf of the female students who would not have birth control covered under the health insurance provided by the university.

The reason it cost so much is because the doctor's visit to get the prescription, as well as the standard tests done at that visit, would not be covered, nor would the prescription itself.

When a Republican leader denigrates and insults a student who the student body elects as their spokesperson, it sends a clear message to women that Republicans don't want their votes.

Nice spin, IF you can sell it.

Why would a feminist defend Sarah Palin? She opposes abortion. She opposes women's rights, although she has benefitted greatly from the women's movement herself.

Bill Maher is a mysogynistic asshole, but he's also a comedian which means he is making jokes, as is David Letterman. Both are known to make jokes which are in poor taste from time to time. Liberals don't take comedians all that seriously.

Rush Limbaugh is a conservative leader that Republicans take very seriously. Big difference.

And Clementine, Sandra Fluke is a law student who was paying $4000 per year for health insurance as part of her tuition at a very expensive Catholic University. The student federation elected her to speak on behalf of the female students who would not have birth control covered under the health insurance provided by the university.

The reason it cost so much is because the doctor's visit to get the prescription, as well as the standard tests done at that visit, would not be covered, nor would the prescription itself.

When a Republican leader denigrates and insults a student who the student body elects as their spokesperson, it sends a clear message to women that Republicans don't want their votes.

Nice spin, IF you can sell it.

"Spin"?? :disbelief:

That's just cold, dry facts right there ^^. The "spin" was Limblob's, inventing bizarre sexual histories that were never brought up at all, complete with voyeuristic demands to post these nonexistent sexual exploits online so he could watch.

And it didn't sell. At all. Matter of fact it cost him his entire advertiser base. Stations were running PSAs or dead air. That's how well it "sold".

Idiot.

ou bring up an interesting pt, imo. I can say "Bill Clinton's a bastard." That's rude. But is calling Hill a bitch any different? I dunno. I think it's less gentlemanly to use bitch than bastard, but I'm probably a male chauvinist.

There is a huge double standard with women who run for office that is so ingrained, it's rarely commented on but consider: If a female candidate isn't perfectly coiffed, stylishly dressed, and toned and trim, comments will be made on the nightly news. Comments are made about Hillary's "thick" ankles, Sarah's "beauty queen" looks. It often seems like news people spend more time on how the women look than they do on what they said.

Sarah Pallin received a $125K designer wardrobe from the Republican Party because her "soccer mom" wardrobe was inappropriate for the campaign trail. Men don't receive this level of scrutiny on their appearance. The possible exception is all of the comments directed at Gov. Christie's weight, but even then, that didn't prevent him from being elected.

Now I realize it has become de rigeur that male candidates be tall, fit, and have a full head of hair in this telegenic world we live in, but the standards for women in the looks and grooming department are much higher, and the media almost never comments on a male candidate's grooming or appearance.

Focusing on a female candidate's appearance rather than her platform, trivializes her candidacy. It makes what she says less important than her latest haircut or outfit. It legitimizes the idea that women are somehow "lesser" candidates and not to be taken seriously.

Well said!! I strongly, whole heartedly agree.

Remember Harry Reid Calling W a "loser?"

Reid Calls Bush a 'Loser'

Can you show the link for Republican leaders calling Hillary a "bitch?" I haven't heard that and, call me crazy, I'm not taking your word for it.

Loser and bitch are totally not the same thing; not in the same universe at all. Miles and miles apart. Seriously, you think calling someone a loser is equal to calling a woman a bitch? Unbelieveable.

Yes.

Hey TK...

Have we figured out who wrote that thing yet?

:scared1:

John Fogerty would like to know as well. Hey! Come back here! I ain't through with you!

;)

Last edited:
Not your writing style, not even close.

Those in authority I spoke to about this disagreed with you. They consider the matter closed. As is your smear campaign. You know, you really are a spiteful soul BD, and its sad nobody else sees you this way though. I've been a direct recipient of your wrath for a while now.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back