Self Defense with a firearm

[MENTION=24391]NoNukes[/MENTION] [MENTION=5176]RetiredGySgt[/MENTION] http://www.abc15.com/news/region-so...-911-calls-released-in-walmart-shooting-death
video

It would appear from the recent shooting at a Walmart that the left is opposed to self defense as well. A man was physically attacked and defended himself and people like Luddy call him a criminal.

So all the claims in the past about self defense not happening isn't the point, what they mean is no one should ever shoot anyone even in self defense.

Then we have the useful idiots that remind us some lefties own firearms. usually with the claim that because of that no one is trying to take them away.

How many examples do we need of high profile democrats demanding just that? A ban on firearms and a confiscation of privately owned firearms?

Add to that the refusal of some to acknowledge the Supreme Court ruled the 2nd is an INDIVIDUAL right not dependent on belonging to a militia. And further that it applies to the States.

High profile Republicans have called for all kinds of crazy things to
. :laugh2:

good gawd you're a loon

as to the incident: tough guy with wife decided to follow and attack another man. he got shot. end of story

Last edited:
[MENTION=24391]NoNukes[/MENTION] [MENTION=5176]RetiredGySgt[/MENTION]
It would appear from the recent shooting at a Walmart that the left is opposed to self defense as well. A man was physically attacked and defended himself and people like Luddy call him a criminal.

So all the claims in the past about self defense not happening isn't the point, what they mean is no one should ever shoot anyone even in self defense.

Then we have the useful idiots that remind us some lefties own firearms. usually with the claim that because of that no one is trying to take them away.

How many examples do we need of high profile democrats demanding just that? A ban on firearms and a confiscation of privately owned firearms?

Add to that the refusal of some to acknowledge the Supreme Court ruled the 2nd is an INDIVIDUAL right not dependent on belonging to a militia. And further that it applies to the States.

A man throws a punch, the other man shoots him dead. What is wrong with this scenario?

Tough guy with wife follows another man and threatens him. Attacks man at door/exit. Doing more than throwing a punch. Unfortunately for tough man with wife he gets shot and it is a fatal shot.

shit happens when assholes are around

Just the opposite, I was taught to defend myself, WITHOUT A GUN.

Uh huh.. in all scenarios you got yourself handled.. ok, Batman

Guess I never came up against a coward with a gun.

Hmmmm Is it a coward who carries a gun because they know that they are physically unable to defend themselves against people half their age?

Is it a coward who carries a gun because they know that they, as a woman, are physically unable to defend themselves against most men?

Is it a coward who carries a gun because they know that most attacks are not by single individuals, but by at least two people and usually more?

What fucking video you speaking of? The one you didn't link to in your opening post? That one? That isn't there.

I was going off of what I read about the shooting. You got a video link, post it up. I'll look at it.

But why did this righteous shooter run after he shot the guy? You know, with him being in the right and all. Why run?

He called 911 he did not run, he waited there and informed them that a tape was available of the incident. The video is in the thread on shooting at walmart. Go there if you want to educate yourself.

Not according to an AZ news account. His wife called 911 to give his side of the story after he left the scene.

Regardless, after watching the video, the shooter will be charged with manslaughter at least. He had no justification for shooting. Other than he had a gun. The other guy hadn't even landed a decent punch.

What is the matter with all you pussy gun nuts that you can't defend yourselves without shooting someone? Take a self defense course.

There was no good reason this guy should be dead. Was the guy an asshole? Maybe. Did he deserve to die for what happened in a Walmart?? Hell no. Was the shooter going to be seriously hurt in a fight in the middle of a Walmart? Hell no.

The meet and greet guy would have broken up the fight. That's why they pay the greeter so well. For security. LMAO.

Stay out of Walmarts. Them people are fucking crazy.

Where ever you got your news, got it very wrong. I just watched a news report and they had the video and they had the 911 call.. He made the call.

A fight and an attack are two different beasts.

Not when an attack turns into a fight. And no one appears to know what was said that started the fight. There are ways to prevent fights too.

Again trying to blame the victim. He tried twice to walk away. His only crime was stopping to write something on the counter. The attacker followed him and violently attacked him.

One punch can kill. Or have we forgotten about the ref that got punched one time slipped into a coma and died a week later? A punch from a kid.

If I am armed and someone attacks me I am not going to take a beating just so you can say it was my fault. But then I don't own any hand guns.

Self defense is a legal term, and a defense against criminal charges for injuring or killing another human being. All citizens have the legal right to defend themselves or others from an assault by any animal, human or otherwise. This defense usually requires that a reasonable man could well believe that he is in danger of imminent death or serious bodily injury from the attacker. In most states, the victim has an obligation to retreat, if a retreat is possible. Stand your ground laws remove the obligation to retreat, but all other self defense standards still apply.

Any weapon available, whether it be a tire iron, a board, a knife, a gun, or a rock is acceptable to use to protect oneself from an assualt, if one reasonably believes they are in imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury.

It is, and always has been, dangerous to physically assault another person, especially a stranger.

so to you ...all gun owners are cowards? please explain

I have never found it necessary to carry a firearm for protection. I think that it is ridiculous. When I lived in New York City we used to go to after hours clubs I Harlem to hear jazz and salsa clubs in the South Bronx. I had a girlfriend who lived in Harlem and used to walk her dog at 4 or 5 in the morning when we got home. I never felt the need to carry a firearm, and there was no need.

And I, a 6'3" male, was attacked sitting at a red light on the main highway through town.

so to you ...all gun owners are cowards? please explain

I have never found it necessary to carry a firearm for protection. I think that it is ridiculous. When I lived in New York City we used to go to after hours clubs I Harlem to hear jazz and salsa clubs in the South Bronx. I had a girlfriend who lived in Harlem and used to walk her dog at 4 or 5 in the morning when we got home. I never felt the need to carry a firearm, and there was no need.

I never felt the need either, but know you are deluded here.

I lived in Ft. Greene on Ft. Greene Place in the 1980s. Only white dude on the block (nearby BAM). Neighbors who were white started moving in nearby. I told them be careful. Like you they were clueless. Heads bashed in with metal pipes and other robberies and assaults followed.

Knowing where you are, who is around and having the good sense to run or move away can save your life. I fit in most everywhere I've been, but I'm not like most people.

A man throws a punch, the other man shoots him dead. What is wrong with this scenario?

More people are killed with fists and feet than they are with "assault" rifles every year.

If someone attacks you it is prudent to think he will kill you if given the chance.

Have you ever been the victim of a violent crime?

I have and the two guys had nothing but fists and feet (steel toed boots and one guy had a bike chain wrapped around his right hand)

Yeah but hands and feet have multiple uses. A gun has one. Shooting stuff.

And that still does not invalidate my statement of fact does it?

And a gun can diffuse a situation without ever having to be fired can't it?

Yes.. because all those who carry firearms are cowards... :rolleyes:

And I guess all fights should be on equal ground (progs love selective equality)... so if you're attacked with a knife, a knife is all you can use to protect yourself? A blackjack attack must be met with a blackjack.. and I guess when an enemy attacks our country or citizenry with a IED, we can only fight back with IED's

Idiot

You get attacked with knives and black jacks, and I am the idiot?

No shit.

WHAT are these people doing that they get attacked and have to shoot back?

I think they all live in an imaginary Walking Dead world.

:cuckoo:

From the video it seemed all this Guy (guy 2) did was use the counter to sign something. The other unarmed asshole (guy 1) started running his mouth chased guy 2 who was walking away grabbed guy 2 attempted to put guy 2 in a choke hold.

Yeah the guy with the gun started it.

Idiot.

I live in AZ, where anyone can open carry. Today at the barber shop a guy came in...he had to have been at least 75, wearing a revolver on his belt. The shop was in the middle of a strip mall. My guess is that he wants to be sure that he is not attacked while getting his haircut, but it could be that he just wanted to make damned sure that the woman cutting his hair did a good job.

Wasn't there so it's hard to say. But if some guy attacked him out of the blue I dont see a problem with it.

More people are killed with fists and feet than they are with "assault" rifles every year.

If someone attacks you it is prudent to think he will kill you if given the chance.

Have you ever been the victim of a violent crime?

I have and the two guys had nothing but fists and feet (steel toed boots and one guy had a bike chain wrapped around his right hand)

Yeah but hands and feet have multiple uses. A gun has one. Shooting stuff.

And that still does not invalidate my statement of fact does it?

And a gun can diffuse a situation without ever having to be fired can't it?

So you werent making a point that hands and feet are just like Guns? So what was the reason for stating hands and feet harm people more than guns? Or are we just stating random facts like "A Doberman is a type of Dog not a man"

How many fistfights end in one of the participants being killed? What percentage? Before joining USMB, I had no idea that there were so many chickenshit Americans who think that shooting someone is a proper answer to getting punched.

You are so frightened. How do you go outside?

Uh huh.. in all scenarios you got yourself handled.. ok, Batman

Hmmmm Is it a coward who carries a gun because they know that they are physically unable to defend themselves against people half their age?

Is it a coward who carries a gun because they know that they, as a woman, are physically unable to defend themselves against most men?

Is it a coward who carries a gun because they know that most attacks are not by single individuals, but by at least two people and usually more?

Sounds like a lot of paranoid people. Guess the United States is a lot more violent than civilized countries.

As a cop told me one time. Words> fist> foot> knife> gun.
The shooter escalated it from fist to gun. The crime is on him. Had he simply used his fists back there would be no story.

Uh huh.. so you don't like us carrying firearms and you now advocate us carrying a complete arsenal in case of various styles of attacks??

Sorry... I will make sure I suppress with superior firepower in any way, shape or form for my and my family's defense... If I am only carrying a firearm, I am not going to hold off defending myself if you are trying to get me with a knife or have already punched me from behind or whatever else... you may only get shot in the leg or the reproductive parts, you may be killed outright, or you may somehow get the upper hand and defeat me and get what you want.. but you're not going to just get away with it while I rely on someone else to stop you... the criminal makes the risky move by choosing to commit the initial crime or attack... they assume the risk that they may get hurt or worse, and not just get away with their crime

where did i state any of this?
someone has a chip on their shoulder.

How many fistfights end in one of the participants being killed? What percentage? Before joining USMB, I had no idea that there were so many chickenshit Americans who think that shooting someone is a proper answer to getting punched.

I agree. But you totally avoid the fact that when people punch others they can and often do get unexpected results.

I've known people who got shot for less. :D

I agree. But you totally avoid the fact that when people punch others they can and often do get unexpected results.

I am not avoiding it. This thread is about that. The fact that the guy that got shot was also wrong does not vindicate the shooter. The fucking response was more than needed. ESPECIALLY in a well populated place like a fucking Wal Mart.

The Wal Mart shooter was wrong. Period. He overreacted.

I am not avoiding it. This thread is about that. The fact that the guy that got shot was also wrong does not vindicate the shooter. The fucking response was more than needed. ESPECIALLY in a well populated place like a fucking Wal Mart.

some people panic when put in a strangle hold by complete strangers. we live in a different world than our parents did.

Time for bullies and people with temper tantrums to stfu or face a firing squad:lol:

some people panic when put in a strangle hold by complete strangers. we live in a different world than our parents did.

Time for bullies and people with temper tantrums to stfu or face a firing squad:lol:

Perfect world you envision. Just perfect.

Forum List

Back