Self Defense with a firearm

Yes nutters! You must have the right to bear arms....to prevent your government from tyranny......while buying underwear at Wal Mart. It says so in the Constitution.

Oh! Wait! You think the constitution was referring to your personal safety? No wonder.

I don't give a shit about the government.

And I have a right to defend myself from any and all attacks with deadly force if necessary.

Like I said if you don't assume that anyone who attacks you is trying to kill you then you are an idiot.

This.

When someone is assaulting me, I cannot read their mind and know at which point they are going to stop assaulting me, they may have already committed to killing me, how would I know? Would you say mid-fight:

"Time out! I want to know if you intend to kill me!"

Anyone who attacks me, while I have a firearm, is a dead man.

When are you going to start that revolution, Nancy?

You ain't shootin' nobody. You don't have a concealed carry permit and you are not carrying your pea shooter around. Why lie?

And I have a right to defend myself from any and all attacks with deadly force if necessary.

Like I said if you don't assume that anyone who attacks you is trying to kill you then you are an idiot.

This.

When someone is assaulting me, I cannot read their mind and know at which point they are going to stop assaulting me, they may have already committed to killing me, how would I know? Would you say mid-fight:

The guy in the video was trying to put a choke hold on the man who was attempting to walk away.

Sorry but if some guy is trying to wrap his arm around my neck I am going to assume he means to kill me not kiss me.

That's why I would vote in favor of the shooter if he were a defendant. I didn't hear any audio, but the guy who got shot seemed to tell the shooter that he was cutting in line and move out of the way. They had some words and when the shooter walked away the guy who got shot followed him and then attacked him. This is the same reason that if I was on the Zimmerman jury, I would have voted guilty, there was no reason for zimmerman to play "cop" and follow Martin who was trying to get away from him. If he would have stayed in his truck and not followed Martin, there would be no "zimmerman case".

It would appear from the recent shooting at a Walmart that the left is opposed to self defense as well.
Well, of crouse not.

The typical liberals does not possess the physical, mental and psychological means necessary to defend himself and therefore ifeels inferior by those that do,

Further, he knows that he needs the state to protect him, which only deepens that sense of inferiority.

So.. like with most things... rather than try to limprove themslves, these liberals seek to reduce everyone to their level, in this case by trying to remove the most effective means of projecting deadlly force in self-defense and forcing EVERYONE to depend on the stete for protection.

:dunno:

This.

When are you going to start that revolution, Nancy?

You ain't shootin' nobody. You don't have a concealed carry permit and you are not carrying your pea shooter around. Why lie?

How do you know if I do, or do not have, a concealed carry permit?

Why would I start a revolution, when there is justification for violent overthrow. Are you claiming that our political system has deteriorated so far, that violence is necessary?

Last edited:
It would appear from the recent shooting at a Walmart that the left is opposed to self defense as well. A man was physically attacked and defended himself and people like Luddy call him a criminal.

So all the claims in the past about self defense not happening isn't the point, what they mean is no one should ever shoot anyone even in self defense.

Then we have the useful idiots that remind us some lefties own firearms. usually with the claim that because of that no one is trying to take them away.

How many examples do we need of high profile democrats demanding just that? A ban on firearms and a confiscation of privately owned firearms?

Add to that the refusal of some to acknowledge the Supreme Court ruled the 2nd is an INDIVIDUAL right not dependent on belonging to a militia. And further that it applies to the States.

A man throws a punch, the other man shoots him dead. What is wrong with this scenario?

More people are killed with fists and feet than they are with "assault" rifles every year.

If someone attacks you it is prudent to think he will kill you if given the chance.

Have you ever been the victim of a violent crime?

I have and the two guys had nothing but fists and feet (steel toed boots and one guy had a bike chain wrapped around his right hand)

Spiderman beat up by 2 punks?.....in the Comics you are tougher.....

Generally frightened people with guns. Not a good thing.

Are you saying it might be a bad idea to attack a frightened person that has a gun? What gives anyone the right to attack anyone. Maybe people that think it's fine to attack someone should be shot. People that feel they have the right to attack someone and be protected from harm need to rethink their behavior.

Once again from this post we see that the right continues to be ignorant of what constitutes a fallacy, as again many on ‘the left’ own and carry firearms.

Consequently the premise of the thread fails.

And yet it is the left that demands more gun laws, demands bans, demands no carry, demands the Supreme Court change the ruling that made the 2nd n individual right. Demands that private ownership be barred and all private weapons confiscated.

As for your claim that most carry, that is a bald faced lie too. Most are in the cities and they either are barred by law from owning one or are afraid of them.

Not this Liberal. I think that you should be able to purchase a firearm with a valid ID that shows that you are over 18 and nothing else (like buying cigarettes). I think that there should be no need to obtain a license to carry and I think that businesses do have the right to have a "gun free" zone (bars, nightclubs, etc.). My state has open carry, I see nothing wrong with that, but I prefer to be more discreet (concealed carry).

This is the position of most liberals, who are themselves gun owners and carry concealed firearms.

A man throws a punch, the other man shoots him dead. What is wrong with this scenario?

NOTHING ! BUT !! how many times was the perp shot ? what caliber was he shot with ? what kind of stolen property was he concealing ? was there a weapon in his other hand ? was the dead guy on drugs ? did the dead guy die instantly or a few minutes later, long enough to realize he made one huge fuck up..., the last one he will ever make :up: :lmao:

way too many variables to make a hasty decision.

And yet it is the left that demands more gun laws, demands bans, demands no carry, demands the Supreme Court change the ruling that made the 2nd n individual right. Demands that private ownership be barred and all private weapons confiscated.

As for your claim that most carry, that is a bald faced lie too. Most are in the cities and they either are barred by law from owning one or are afraid of them.

Not this Liberal. I think that you should be able to purchase a firearm with a valid ID that shows that you are over 18 and nothing else (like buying cigarettes). I think that there should be no need to obtain a license to carry and I think that businesses do have the right to have a "gun free" zone (bars, nightclubs, etc.). My state has open carry, I see nothing wrong with that, but I prefer to be more discreet (concealed carry).

This is the position of most liberals, who are themselves gun owners and carry concealed firearms.
And yet MOST high profile Liberal Democrats are actively trying to ban firearms confiscate them and out law them. You keep lying, it suits you.

A fight and an attack are two different beasts.

Not when an attack turns into a fight. And no one appears to know what was said that started the fight. There are ways to prevent fights too.

Again trying to blame the victim. He tried twice to walk away. His only crime was stopping to write something on the counter. The attacker followed him and violently attacked him.

One punch can kill. Or have we forgotten about the ref that got punched one time slipped into a coma and died a week later? A punch from a kid.

If I am armed and someone attacks me I am not going to take a beating just so you can say it was my fault. But then I don't own any hand guns.

I agree. People who attack others are just dangerous and there is no reason to believe that a stranger attacking you on the street will let you live.

When Trayvon Martin's girlfriend spoke in an interview after the verdict and she not only admitted that Martin told her on the phone that he was going after the cracker, but she stated that Zimmerman should have known somehow that he was just going to get a good ass whooping. I don't know how a person would have a clue what the motive of the attacker was.

I think the better message should be to would-be criminals. Attack people and you might not live. It's not worth it.

Instead, the left wants the message to be that guns are bad no matter how many lives they may save. It's your civic duty to take a beating or do your best to fight off attackers with your bare hands. If your attacker has a knife or gun, then it sucks to be you, but there are too many people in the world anyway.

I prefer to warn the criminals that people aren't going to take their shit and the world should be a dangerous place for them, not us. Break into a house and the owner might be waiting with a gun. You deserve to get shot if you break into a home with ill intentions. Only liberals feel sorry for criminals who get shot, yet have nothing to say about the many victims of crime who die on the streets every day. To the left, only legal gun owners are bad. The gangs, drug cartels and punks on the street who shoot at each other routinely aren't ever mentioned by the left. The Dems like to put the law abiding people on notice and leave the criminals alone. They attack any gun owner just for speaking out. We see children being suspended for stupid shit in an attempt to make people paranoid about guns.

Seriously, what would make people paranoid, if the truth were told, would be honest reporting on all the piece of shit thugs out there, who are armed, stupid and incredibly dangerous. And there are far more of those idiots than there are cops to protect you.

The left gets alarmed about the wrong things, but it's all about their precious little agenda.

Ignore black on black crime, which is rampant is cities. Gun control won't do shit to curtail that. Black on white crime is also really high. The left could care less because it's politically incorrect.

Focus on white gun owners and point out the one case where a Hispanic white guy killed him and then pretend that all gun owners are out to get blacks.

The alarmists have panicked over pop tart shaped guns, paper guns and one actual shooting that a jury ruled was justified.

Yes, many have stated here and other places that guns should be banned altogether. They say no one is coming for your guns, but in the same breath say that only regulated militia should have guns. Then they claim that since the majority of us are not militia so shouldn't have guns. But they aren't coming for our guns, so we should relax.

It would appear from the recent shooting at a Walmart that the left is opposed to self defense as well. A man was physically attacked and defended himself and people like Luddy call him a criminal.

So all the claims in the past about self defense not happening isn't the point, what they mean is no one should ever shoot anyone even in self defense.

Then we have the useful idiots that remind us some lefties own firearms. usually with the claim that because of that no one is trying to take them away.

How many examples do we need of high profile democrats demanding just that? A ban on firearms and a confiscation of privately owned firearms?

Add to that the refusal of some to acknowledge the Supreme Court ruled the 2nd is an INDIVIDUAL right not dependent on belonging to a militia. And further that it applies to the States.

It's the great American way. Don't disrespect me or I will shoot your ass.

More people are killed with fists and feet than they are with "assault" rifles every year.

If someone attacks you it is prudent to think he will kill you if given the chance.

I have and the two guys had nothing but fists and feet (steel toed boots and one guy had a bike chain wrapped around his right hand)

Spiderman beat up by 2 punks?.....in the Comics you are tougher.....

Funny.

He let the idiot land the punch before shooting him.

I have been in fights in my life and never shot my opponent.

A fight and an attack are two different beasts.

Wait, what?

Fights generally start out as ATTACKS.

This was in a well lit area and populated by guards. This wasn't some back alley.

It would have been broken up pretty quickly.

Forum List

Back