Self Defense with a firearm

Not when an attack turns into a fight. And no one appears to know what was said that started the fight. There are ways to prevent fights too.

Again trying to blame the victim. He tried twice to walk away. His only crime was stopping to write something on the counter. The attacker followed him and violently attacked him.

One punch can kill. Or have we forgotten about the ref that got punched one time slipped into a coma and died a week later? A punch from a kid.

If I am armed and someone attacks me I am not going to take a beating just so you can say it was my fault. But then I don't own any hand guns.

I agree. People who attack others are just dangerous and there is no reason to believe that a stranger attacking you on the street will let you live.

When Trayvon Martin's girlfriend spoke in an interview after the verdict and she not only admitted that Martin told her on the phone that he was going after the cracker, but she stated that Zimmerman should have known somehow that he was just going to get a good ass whooping. I don't know how a person would have a clue what the motive of the attacker was.

I think the better message should be to would-be criminals. Attack people and you might not live. It's not worth it.

Instead, the left wants the message to be that guns are bad no matter how many lives they may save. It's your civic duty to take a beating or do your best to fight off attackers with your bare hands. If your attacker has a knife or gun, then it sucks to be you, but there are too many people in the world anyway.

I prefer to warn the criminals that people aren't going to take their shit and the world should be a dangerous place for them, not us. Break into a house and the owner might be waiting with a gun. You deserve to get shot if you break into a home with ill intentions. Only liberals feel sorry for criminals who get shot, yet have nothing to say about the many victims of crime who die on the streets every day. To the left, only legal gun owners are bad. The gangs, drug cartels and punks on the street who shoot at each other routinely aren't ever mentioned by the left. The Dems like to put the law abiding people on notice and leave the criminals alone. They attack any gun owner just for speaking out. We see children being suspended for stupid shit in an attempt to make people paranoid about guns.

Seriously, what would make people paranoid, if the truth were told, would be honest reporting on all the piece of shit thugs out there, who are armed, stupid and incredibly dangerous. And there are far more of those idiots than there are cops to protect you.

The left gets alarmed about the wrong things, but it's all about their precious little agenda.

Ignore black on black crime, which is rampant is cities. Gun control won't do shit to curtail that. Black on white crime is also really high. The left could care less because it's politically incorrect.

Focus on white gun owners and point out the one case where a Hispanic white guy killed him and then pretend that all gun owners are out to get blacks.

The alarmists have panicked over pop tart shaped guns, paper guns and one actual shooting that a jury ruled was justified.

Yes, many have stated here and other places that guns should be banned altogether. They say no one is coming for your guns, but in the same breath say that only regulated militia should have guns. Then they claim that since the majority of us are not militia so shouldn't have guns. But they aren't coming for our guns, so we should relax.

Martin wasn't the aggressor.

Again trying to blame the victim. He tried twice to walk away. His only crime was stopping to write something on the counter. The attacker followed him and violently attacked him.

One punch can kill. Or have we forgotten about the ref that got punched one time slipped into a coma and died a week later? A punch from a kid.

If I am armed and someone attacks me I am not going to take a beating just so you can say it was my fault. But then I don't own any hand guns.

I agree. People who attack others are just dangerous and there is no reason to believe that a stranger attacking you on the street will let you live.

When Trayvon Martin's girlfriend spoke in an interview after the verdict and she not only admitted that Martin told her on the phone that he was going after the cracker, but she stated that Zimmerman should have known somehow that he was just going to get a good ass whooping. I don't know how a person would have a clue what the motive of the attacker was.

I think the better message should be to would-be criminals. Attack people and you might not live. It's not worth it.

Instead, the left wants the message to be that guns are bad no matter how many lives they may save. It's your civic duty to take a beating or do your best to fight off attackers with your bare hands. If your attacker has a knife or gun, then it sucks to be you, but there are too many people in the world anyway.

I prefer to warn the criminals that people aren't going to take their shit and the world should be a dangerous place for them, not us. Break into a house and the owner might be waiting with a gun. You deserve to get shot if you break into a home with ill intentions. Only liberals feel sorry for criminals who get shot, yet have nothing to say about the many victims of crime who die on the streets every day. To the left, only legal gun owners are bad. The gangs, drug cartels and punks on the street who shoot at each other routinely aren't ever mentioned by the left. The Dems like to put the law abiding people on notice and leave the criminals alone. They attack any gun owner just for speaking out. We see children being suspended for stupid shit in an attempt to make people paranoid about guns.

Seriously, what would make people paranoid, if the truth were told, would be honest reporting on all the piece of shit thugs out there, who are armed, stupid and incredibly dangerous. And there are far more of those idiots than there are cops to protect you.

The left gets alarmed about the wrong things, but it's all about their precious little agenda.

Ignore black on black crime, which is rampant is cities. Gun control won't do shit to curtail that. Black on white crime is also really high. The left could care less because it's politically incorrect.

Focus on white gun owners and point out the one case where a Hispanic white guy killed him and then pretend that all gun owners are out to get blacks.

The alarmists have panicked over pop tart shaped guns, paper guns and one actual shooting that a jury ruled was justified.

Yes, many have stated here and other places that guns should be banned altogether. They say no one is coming for your guns, but in the same breath say that only regulated militia should have guns. Then they claim that since the majority of us are not militia so shouldn't have guns. But they aren't coming for our guns, so we should relax.

Martin wasn't the aggressor.

Of course he was and got what he deserved just as many before Martin and for sure the thugs who will come after him.

-Geaux

I have been in fights in my life and never shot my opponent.

A fight and an attack are two different beasts.

Wait, what?

Fights generally start out as ATTACKS.

This was in a well lit area and populated by guards. This wasn't some back alley.

It would have been broken up pretty quickly.

I didn't see any guards in the video.

Tell me if a guy chased you across a store and attempted to put you in a choke hold how long would you wait for someone to come along and stop him?

IMO this is a legit self defense claim.

A fight and an attack are two different beasts.

Wait, what?

This was in a well lit area and populated by guards. This wasn't some back alley.

Tell me if a guy chased you across a store and attempted to put you in a choke hold how long would you wait for someone to come along and stop him?

Every shooting is legit from what I can tell when you write. Come to the door after a car accident looking for help. Get shot. Legit. Going for skittles and get harassed by some dude who ends up killing the guy, legit to you. Got loud music in the car next to you and don't like it, shoot and kill someone in the car. Legit to you.

Are there ever any non legit killing in your world?

Have you noticed how well Zimmerman is doing after killing the kid. What a stable individual he has become.

And I am sure that as the weeks and months go by, the killer in the Walmart will feel so good about himself for killing a guy that didn't even land a solid punch.

Spider, is it ok to shoot someone who you think MIGHT be wanting to do you harm? You know, has that look in their eye that means they should be shot.

Pre emptive strikes are best. Right? And easily justified. He was giving me the evil eye, so I shot him.

What a great country.

Wait, what?

Every shooting is legit from what I can tell when you write. Come to the door after a car accident looking for help. Get shot. Legit. Going for skittles and get harassed by some dude who ends up killing the guy, legit to you. Got loud music in the car next to you and don't like it, shoot and kill someone in the car. Legit to you.

Really? I never posted on the loud music thread and you must have missed the threads where I said I thought Zimmerman was in the wrong.

Yes murder. This was not murder the aggressor tried to choke the victim. Tell me if someone tries to get you in a choke hold what do you assume it is that he's going to nibble your ear?

Have you noticed how well Zimmerman is doing after killing the kid. What a stable individual he has become.

ibid

And I am sure that as the weeks and months go by, the killer in the Walmart will feel so good about himself for killing a guy that didn't even land a solid punch.

That's not my problem and there are places he can get help if he needs it

Spider, is it ok to shoot someone who you think MIGHT be wanting to do you harm? You know, has that look in their eye that means they should be shot.

You can look all you want and you can flap your gums all you want. What you cannot do is attempt to lay your hands on another.

Pre emptive strikes are best. Right? And easily justified. He was giving me the evil eye, so I shot him.

This was not preemptive. In case you didn't see it the aggressor chased, grabbed and attempted to put the victim in a choke hold.

Last edited:
Wait, what?

What a great country.

Again.. Knocking on doors is so analog when Obama phones are for one and all :badgrin:

-Geaux

And that still does not invalidate my statement of fact does it?

And a gun can diffuse a situation without ever having to be fired can't it?

So you werent making a point that hands and feet are just like Guns? So what was the reason for stating hands and feet harm people more than guns? Or are we just stating random facts like "A Doberman is a type of Dog not a man"

I never once said hands and feet are just like guns.

What I said was more people are killed by hands and feet than by assault rifles and that's what I meant.

Because Idiot this post is about a guy defending himself from a person who assaulted him with his hands.

it is prudent to assume that anyone who attacks you even if it is with hands and/or feet is going to do you serious bodily harm or possibly kill you so using a weapon is warranted.

Ok so you brought up hands and feet because you WERENT comparing them to guns. So you are just stating random facts? "Random" facts that just so happen are in line with the discussion were having on murder? "Random" facts that "randomly" follow the discussion?

I mean maybe someone under 5 years old might buy that but everyone else knows people do things for a reason. You brought up hands and feet for a reason.

So you werent making a point that hands and feet are just like Guns? So what was the reason for stating hands and feet harm people more than guns? Or are we just stating random facts like "A Doberman is a type of Dog not a man"

What I said was more people are killed by hands and feet than by assault rifles and that's what I meant.

Because Idiot this post is about a guy defending himself from a person who assaulted him with his hands.

it is prudent to assume that anyone who attacks you even if it is with hands and/or feet is going to do you serious bodily harm or possibly kill you so using a weapon is warranted.

Ok so you brought up hands and feet because you WERENT comparing them to guns. So you are just stating random facts? "Random" facts that just so happen are in line with the discussion were having on murder? "Random" facts that "randomly" follow the discussion?

I mean maybe someone under 5 years old might buy that but everyone else knows people do things for a reason. You brought up hands and feet for a reason.

How fucking thick are you.

If someone attacks you with nothing but fists and feet since fists and feet used as weapons kill more people than assault rifles and you are justified in using deadly force if someone points an assault rifle at you then you are just as justified using deadly force if attacked with fists and feet.

And we aren't having a discussion about murder. We are having a discussion about self defense that thwarted a potential murder.

Tell me if a guy chased you across a parking lot, grabbed you and tried to get you into a choke hold just what in the world do you think he is trying to do to you? Would you take it as an amorous advance?

I would take that as an attempt on my life.

I dont know...I thought you werent comparing hands and feet to guns

If someone attacks you with nothing but fists and feet since fists and feet used as weapons kill more people than assault rifles and you are justified in using deadly force if someone points an assault rifle at you then you are just as justified using deadly force if attacked with fists and feet.

No thats stupid logic. Since more people are killed by cars whenever you have a disagreement with someone in a car you should blow them away...because....Stats

And we aren't having a discussion about murder. We are having a discussion about self defense that thwarted a potential murder.

Tell me if a guy chased you across a parking lot, grabbed you and tried to get you into a choke hold just what in the world do you think he is trying to do to you? Would you take it as an amorous advance?

Hypotheticals are fun

It would appear from the recent shooting at a Walmart that the left is opposed to self defense as well. A man was physically attacked and defended himself and people like Luddy call him a criminal.

So all the claims in the past about self defense not happening isn't the point, what they mean is no one should ever shoot anyone even in self defense.

Then we have the useful idiots that remind us some lefties own firearms. usually with the claim that because of that no one is trying to take them away.

How many examples do we need of high profile democrats demanding just that? A ban on firearms and a confiscation of privately owned firearms?

Add to that the refusal of some to acknowledge the Supreme Court ruled the 2nd is an INDIVIDUAL right not dependent on belonging to a militia. And further that it applies to the States.

It has nothing to do with self defense.

However bed wetters like Luddy have more compassion for the mugger, than they do the "richer" victim, and they don't think a scumbag deserves to die for beating an 80 y/o man to death for his wallet.

The problem the left has with people owning guns is they're capable of resisting statist authoritarians. That's the bottom line. The left wants to cull the herd, just like every other leftist regime has in the past. It's called "managing the human resource".

What fucking video you speaking of? The one you didn't link to in your opening post? That one? That isn't there.

I was going off of what I read about the shooting. You got a video link, post it up. I'll look at it.

But why did this righteous shooter run after he shot the guy? You know, with him being in the right and all. Why run?

He called 911 he did not run, he waited there and informed them that a tape was available of the incident. The video is in the thread on shooting at walmart. Go there if you want to educate yourself.

Not according to an AZ news account. His wife called 911 to give his side of the story after he left the scene.

Regardless, after watching the video, the shooter will be charged with manslaughter at least. He had no justification for shooting. Other than he had a gun. The other guy hadn't even landed a decent punch.

What is the matter with all you pussy gun nuts that you can't defend yourselves without shooting someone? Take a self defense course.

There was no good reason this guy should be dead. Was the guy an asshole? Maybe. Did he deserve to die for what happened in a Walmart?? Hell no. Was the shooter going to be seriously hurt in a fight in the middle of a Walmart? Hell no.

The meet and greet guy would have broken up the fight. That's why they pay the greeter so well. For security. LMAO.

Stay out of Walmarts. Them people are fucking crazy.
I'm 67yrs old and I'm not going to take a punch that could do permanent damage from anyone. Before that punch lands, if I have my way you'll be shot.

No thats stupid logic. Since more people are killed by cars whenever you have a disagreement with someone in a car you should blow them away...because....Stats

If someone is trying to run you down with a car then you can compare it to an attack with weapons including hands and feet.

At least keep your analogies consistent.

This shooting was not a disagreement, not an argument, not a misunderstanding. It was a direct and appropriate response to an attack.

Hypotheticals are fun

But it's not hypothetical. You saw it happen in the video. It was a real situation.

If someone is trying to run you down with a car then you can compare it to an attack with weapons including hands and feet.

This shooting was not a disagreement, not an argument, not a misunderstanding. It was a direct and appropriate response to an attack.

Hypotheticals are fun

But it's not hypothetical. You saw it happen in the video. It was a real situation.

They dont have to run you down in a car they only need to possess a car. People have hands and feet and since hands and feet kill people thats enough for you to say its ok to blow away someone that isnt nicknamed stumpy.

So they dont have to come at you with a car...Stats say that cars kill people (AND hands and Feet) so start blasting....Stats!

Yes nutters! You must have the right to bear arms....to prevent your government from tyranny......while buying underwear at Wal Mart. It says so in the Constitution.

Oh! Wait! You think the constitution was referring to your personal safety? No wonder.

I don't give a shit about the government.

And I have a right to defend myself from any and all attacks with deadly force if necessary.

Like I said if you don't assume that anyone who attacks you is trying to kill you then you are an idiot.

I get it. You are frightened and alert at all times. Congratulations. Must be fun.

So if you wear a seatbelt, that means you're "frightened and alert at all time?"

I don't give a shit about the government.

And I have a right to defend myself from any and all attacks with deadly force if necessary.

Like I said if you don't assume that anyone who attacks you is trying to kill you then you are an idiot.

I get it. You are frightened and alert at all times. Congratulations. Must be fun.

So if you wear a seatbelt, that means you're "frightened and alert at all time?"

What if you own life insurance?

My god we ought to commit people for being so afraid

Hypotheticals are fun

They dont have to run you down in a car they only need to possess a car. People have hands and feet and since hands and feet kill people thats enough for you to say its ok to blow away someone that isnt nicknamed stumpy.

So they dont have to come at you with a car...Stats say that cars kill people (AND hands and Feet) so start blasting....Stats!

You're too stupid to realize you are a retard.

The guy in the video was not shot for nothing. If you can't see that then stop wasting my time with your idiocy.

Guess I never came up against a coward with a gun.

Hmmmm Is it a coward who carries a gun because they know that they are physically unable to defend themselves against people half their age?

Is it a coward who carries a gun because they know that they, as a woman, are physically unable to defend themselves against most men?

Is it a coward who carries a gun because they know that most attacks are not by single individuals, but by at least two people and usually more?

Sounds like a lot of paranoid people. Guess the United States is a lot more violent than civilized countries.

Do you own a fire extinguisher? If so, does that make you Paranoid?

Do you own a First Aide Kit? If so, does that make you Paranoid?

Do you have a spare tire for your car? If so, does that make you Paranoid?

Do you have spare keys made for your house and car? If so does that make you Paranoid?

How many fistfights end in one of the participants being killed? What percentage? Before joining USMB, I had no idea that there were so many chickenshit Americans who think that shooting someone is a proper answer to getting punched.

You are so frightened. How do you go outside?

I agree. But you totally avoid the fact that when people punch others they can and often do get unexpected results.

I've known people who got shot for less. :D

I am not avoiding it. This thread is about that. The fact that the guy that got shot was also wrong does not vindicate the shooter. The fucking response was more than needed. ESPECIALLY in a well populated place like a fucking Wal Mart.

The Wal Mart shooter was wrong. Period. He overreacted.

That is your opinion.. And, as usual, your opinion is wrong.

Forum List

Back