Self Defense with a firearm

Again trying to blame the victim. He tried twice to walk away. His only crime was stopping to write something on the counter. The attacker followed him and violently attacked him.

One punch can kill. Or have we forgotten about the ref that got punched one time slipped into a coma and died a week later? A punch from a kid.

If I am armed and someone attacks me I am not going to take a beating just so you can say it was my fault. But then I don't own any hand guns.

I agree. People who attack others are just dangerous and there is no reason to believe that a stranger attacking you on the street will let you live.

When Trayvon Martin's girlfriend spoke in an interview after the verdict and she not only admitted that Martin told her on the phone that he was going after the cracker, but she stated that Zimmerman should have known somehow that he was just going to get a good ass whooping. I don't know how a person would have a clue what the motive of the attacker was.

I think the better message should be to would-be criminals. Attack people and you might not live. It's not worth it.

Instead, the left wants the message to be that guns are bad no matter how many lives they may save. It's your civic duty to take a beating or do your best to fight off attackers with your bare hands. If your attacker has a knife or gun, then it sucks to be you, but there are too many people in the world anyway.

I prefer to warn the criminals that people aren't going to take their shit and the world should be a dangerous place for them, not us. Break into a house and the owner might be waiting with a gun. You deserve to get shot if you break into a home with ill intentions. Only liberals feel sorry for criminals who get shot, yet have nothing to say about the many victims of crime who die on the streets every day. To the left, only legal gun owners are bad. The gangs, drug cartels and punks on the street who shoot at each other routinely aren't ever mentioned by the left. The Dems like to put the law abiding people on notice and leave the criminals alone. They attack any gun owner just for speaking out. We see children being suspended for stupid shit in an attempt to make people paranoid about guns.

Seriously, what would make people paranoid, if the truth were told, would be honest reporting on all the piece of shit thugs out there, who are armed, stupid and incredibly dangerous. And there are far more of those idiots than there are cops to protect you.

The left gets alarmed about the wrong things, but it's all about their precious little agenda.

Ignore black on black crime, which is rampant is cities. Gun control won't do shit to curtail that. Black on white crime is also really high. The left could care less because it's politically incorrect.

Focus on white gun owners and point out the one case where a Hispanic white guy killed him and then pretend that all gun owners are out to get blacks.

The alarmists have panicked over pop tart shaped guns, paper guns and one actual shooting that a jury ruled was justified.

Yes, many have stated here and other places that guns should be banned altogether. They say no one is coming for your guns, but in the same breath say that only regulated militia should have guns. Then they claim that since the majority of us are not militia so shouldn't have guns. But they aren't coming for our guns, so we should relax.

Martin wasn't the aggressor.

I Can't believe that you still say that despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Do you peo people really think you should have to suffer a beating just because someone bigger or stronger or younger than you feel they have the right to kick your ass? Do you believe the police are there to prevent someone from kicking your ass? All the police will do is show up after you get your ass kicked and see that you get to a hospital where you will have to pay for your asskicking. I guess if you think it's fine stand there and take your asskicking, myself, I'll shoot the guy.

I watched the video a few times and came to the conclusion that the white guy cut in line (according to the black guys POV). The black guy says something to him about it. The white guy says he is just filling out a form. The black guy points out the area for forms. The white guy says something else. The black guy responds.

Then the white guy calls the black guy out to the parking lot to fight. Calls out a much bigger man because he know he has that gun in his pocket.

As they walk out, you can see the guy free the gun from where it is concealed.

Then they pause before going outside. The white guy has never taken his hand from his pocket.

Finally the black guy notices this and asks what he's got in his pocket. The white guy says something, probably about shooting his ass, and the black guy grabs him. The white guy makes no effort to fight the guy off. He immediately starts fumbling for his gun. Which he finally grabs and shoots the guy.

The white guy, because he had that gun, knew that when he called the guy out, he would win that fight. Because he had a gun is the reason he called the guy out side.

Premeditated murder. He knew he could be a dick because he had a gun. His balls got real big, cause he had a gun.

You know, I am not seeing much difference in a lot of you gun nutters and gang bangers. Both groups are carrying weapons for the same reason; make's you all feel like bad asses.
Nobody gonna dis respect you. You got a gun.

I watched the video a few times and came to the conclusion that the white guy cut in line (according to the black guys POV). The black guy says something to him about it. The white guy says he is just filling out a form. The black guy points out the area for forms. The white guy says something else. The black guy responds.

Then the white guy calls the black guy out to the parking lot to fight. Calls out a much bigger man because he know he has that gun in his pocket.

As they walk out, you can see the guy free the gun from where it is concealed.

Then they pause before going outside. The white guy has never taken his hand from his pocket.

Finally the black guy notices this and asks what he's got in his pocket. The white guy says something, probably about shooting his ass, and the black guy grabs him. The white guy makes no effort to fight the guy off. He immediately starts fumbling for his gun. Which he finally grabs and shoots the guy.

The white guy, because he had that gun, knew that when he called the guy out, he would win that fight. Because he had a gun is the reason he called the guy out side.

Premeditated murder. He knew he could be a dick because he had a gun. His balls got real big, cause he had a gun.

You know, I am not seeing much difference in a lot of you gun nutters and gang bangers. Both groups are carrying weapons for the same reason; make's you all feel like bad asses.
Nobody gonna dis respect you. You got a gun.

So you're a lip reader?

There is no audio so your scenario might as well include a unicorn, an elf and a hobbit.

It doesn't matter what was said or if anything was said.

Talking shit is not illegal if it were everyone here would be in prison.

What is illegal is assaulting another person and attempting to apply a choke hold.

Last edited:
Like I said, I am not seeing much difference (if any) between you and a gang banger that you hate so much.

You both have to carry so that after you instigate a confrontation (like the white guy did) you can pull a gun to show what bad asses you are.

And the guy wasn't trying to choke the other guy. And the white guy never tried to fight back. All he did was go for the gun. And the white guy instigated the fight.

But you call that self defense. Fuck that.

And if you can't tell what is happening from the video, you've never done much fighting. You can see the white guy decide to call the dude outside when he changes his body language, his demeanor and his hand gestures.

No wonder those bikers kicked your ass. You never saw it coming.

Man, even in the Wild West the other guy at least had to have had a gun to call it self defense.
To qualify as self defense, an attacker only needs the means to cause bodily harm or death; this does not necessitate the possession of any weapon at all, much less a gun.
I've had very few fights in my life but I've won them all. The reason for that is I enjoyed the sport of wrestling. I learned from experts at the YMCA and I was pretty good at it -- which is a supreme advantage in a fight with someone who is not a wrestler and cannot anticipate or avoid being taken down.

The point is even a moderately proficient wrestler is quite capable of getting behind an opponent, applying a choke hold -- and easily killing him within one minute. The notion that an unarmed attacker does not represent a lethal threat is mistaken. So one who is not proficient at wrestling or some related martial art should be very careful who he gets into a fight with -- or is attacked by.

It would appear from the recent shooting at a Walmart that the left is opposed to self defense as well. A man was physically attacked and defended himself and people like Luddy call him a criminal.

So all the claims in the past about self defense not happening isn't the point, what they mean is no one should ever shoot anyone even in self defense.

Then we have the useful idiots that remind us some lefties own firearms. usually with the claim that because of that no one is trying to take them away.

How many examples do we need of high profile democrats demanding just that? A ban on firearms and a confiscation of privately owned firearms?

Add to that the refusal of some to acknowledge the Supreme Court ruled the 2nd is an INDIVIDUAL right not dependent on belonging to a militia. And further that it applies to the States.

democrats oppose civil rights.

End of story.

I don't give a shit about the government.

And I have a right to defend myself from any and all attacks with deadly force if necessary.

Like I said if you don't assume that anyone who attacks you is trying to kill you then you are an idiot.

I get it. You are frightened and alert at all times. Congratulations. Must be fun.

So if you wear a seatbelt, that means you're "frightened and alert at all time?"

But.. but.. but... that's gonna make him cry.. because it's not the same.. it just isn't... wahhhh...

LMAO

And yet it is the left that demands more gun laws, demands bans, demands no carry, demands the Supreme Court change the ruling that made the 2nd n individual right. Demands that private ownership be barred and all private weapons confiscated.

As for your claim that most carry, that is a bald faced lie too. Most are in the cities and they either are barred by law from owning one or are afraid of them.

Not this Liberal. I think that you should be able to purchase a firearm with a valid ID that shows that you are over 18 and nothing else (like buying cigarettes). I think that there should be no need to obtain a license to carry and I think that businesses do have the right to have a "gun free" zone (bars, nightclubs, etc.). My state has open carry, I see nothing wrong with that, but I prefer to be more discreet (concealed carry).

This is the position of most liberals, who are themselves gun owners and carry concealed firearms.
Most liberals are gun owners and carry concealed firearms?
A laughable assertion that we both know you have no chance of supporting.

It would appear from the recent shooting at a Walmart that the left is opposed to self defense as well. A man was physically attacked and defended himself and people like Luddy call him a criminal.

So all the claims in the past about self defense not happening isn't the point, what they mean is no one should ever shoot anyone even in self defense.

Then we have the useful idiots that remind us some lefties own firearms. usually with the claim that because of that no one is trying to take them away.

How many examples do we need of high profile democrats demanding just that? A ban on firearms and a confiscation of privately owned firearms?

Add to that the refusal of some to acknowledge the Supreme Court ruled the 2nd is an INDIVIDUAL right not dependent on belonging to a militia. And further that it applies to the States.

A man throws a punch, the other man shoots him dead. What is wrong with this scenario?

Not a damn thing.

Retired Sgt. Seriously the VA can and will help you. Self control isn't the issue with suicides. Lack of desire and will to live is the issue. And as you know, depression could care less about how much self control you think you have.

As to helping the case for gun control. Most people do not want others people who seem mentally unstable (like contemplating suicide) to have lots of guns. Or any guns.

My dad was a crazy alcoholic with suicidal tendencies. He ALWAYS had a gun. And it was never a good idea.

How touching, you care......

I am fine, my thoughts are under control, hell even when they were not I had handguns and never shot myself. As for what YOU think on who should own or not, that is why we have laws. The law is specific. To deny me the right to own firearms I must be adjudged mentally incompetent by competent authority, as in a Judge. Sorry but that has not and will not happen.

I have been at this for 20 years. Still haven't shot myself. And won't either. As for your opinion on my owning, to bad you don't get a say.

Not really (caring). Just trying to keep some innocent person who's car breaks down in the middle of the night and they come to your door for help and you shoot them. I would like to keep that from happening.

But after 20 long years or you hanging in there, there is still hope you might do the deed eh? The world would be a better place. IMO.

How psychotic.

Guess I never came up against a coward with a gun.

Yes.. because all those who carry firearms are cowards... :rolleyes:

And I guess all fights should be on equal ground (progs love selective equality)... so if you're attacked with a knife, a knife is all you can use to protect yourself? A blackjack attack must be met with a blackjack.. and I guess when an enemy attacks our country or citizenry with a IED, we can only fight back with IED's

Idiot

Yes, carrying a gun is cowardly. Hiding your cowardice is even more cowardly. Millions of people have the courage to go out in the world every day unarmed. You could make it a lot safer for those courageous people if you would just stay home, shivering under your bed.

And, yes, if you're attacked with fists, as in this case, you should not be able to pull and gun and blow the attacker away.

The world has changed since the days when one did not shoot people in the back or use a gun to combat fists. The cowards are winning.

Are you projecting, or just hallucinating?

A man throws a punch, the other man shoots him dead. What is wrong with this scenario?

More people are killed with fists and feet than they are with "assault" rifles every year.

If someone attacks you it is prudent to think he will kill you if given the chance.

Have you ever been the victim of a violent crime?

I have and the two guys had nothing but fists and feet (steel toed boots and one guy had a bike chain wrapped around his right hand)

Recently a Kansas City cop shot and killed an off-duty firefighter who was unarmed and was ruled justifiable.

The firefighter (on his honeymoon apparently) was drunk as a skunk and would not leave an area when ordered. He began to fight the cop and, quite frankly, was beating the hell out of the cop. He finally pulled his weapon and shot the guy twice. He suffered a broken jaw, busted nose and broken ribs.

Things like that are ALWAYS a bad situation - but if I were in the same situation - I would not have hesitated to shoot, either. Some of these guys, when they get into a fist-fight, aim to kill the guy. No doubt attributed to "MMA" or something of the sort.

I sincerely hope that none of you are ever in a situation where you have to use deadly force on anyone. It sticks with you for the rest of your life - whether you are right or wrong. Makes no difference.

Man, even in the Wild West the other guy at least had to have had a gun to call it self defense.
To qualify as self defense, an attacker only needs the means to cause bodily harm or death; this does not necessitate the possession of any weapon at all, much less a gun.
I've had very few fights in my life but I've won them all. The reason for that is I enjoyed the sport of wrestling. I learned from experts at the YMCA and I was pretty good at it -- which is a supreme advantage in a fight with someone who is not a wrestler and cannot anticipate or avoid being taken down.

The point is even a moderately proficient wrestler is quite capable of getting behind an opponent, applying a choke hold -- and easily killing him within one minute. The notion that an unarmed attacker does not represent a lethal threat is mistaken. So one who is not proficient at wrestling or some related martial art should be very careful who he gets into a fight with -- or is attacked by.

No Mike, the point in this case is that the white guy instigated the fight BECAUSE he had a gun in his pocket. He knew he had to provoke the guy into an attack so that when he shot him he could claim self defense.

The guy (shooter) knew exactly what he was doing.

The police used to prosecute acts like this as murder or something a little less. The fear of being charged with murder kept supposedly normal, sane people from killing each other so callously.

Guess Bob Dylan was right. Them times, they are a changin'.

Evidently you have never met anyone that carried a gun because they thought they were a bad ass. Or wanted to be thought of as a bad ass. You are seeing one of those in that Walmart video. Because I guarantee you that if the white guy did not have a gun in his pocket, he would have never called the black guy out. Over something being said about who is next in line. Guarantee it.

Forum List

Back